Odds to win ACC in 23

Go Canes!!

Leading the charge
Premium
1683735236585.png

Surprised FSU is that much of a favorite

Advertisement
FSU is Not sneaking up on anyone. No way they can have every ball bounce their way again and avoid the injury bug

Acc still isnt great so they will have a good year. But they lose everything next year.
FSU was better than Miami last year, but I couldn't help but think when we played them how healthy they were vs. us.

Lovett was coming off injury, but he played against us. The other major injury was like 2nd team RB? I think he may have played too.

Meanwhile our starting QB was hurt, we had multiple RB's hurt, Parrish got hurt during game didn't finish, Our OL was a mash unit with injuries everywhere, and then Rivers got hurt beginning of 2nd quarter vs. FSU missed rest of game and season.

I remember looking out on field we were backed up inside our own 5 year line, and we had a true freshman Jacurri Brown and a walk on RB Lucious Stanley in the backfield against friggin FSU. Meanwhile Darrell Jackson was on sideline during the chop during the game. What a disaster

Advertisement
Let me weigh in on this anonymous and random speculating odds list... Go Noles!

Advertisement
FSU is Not sneaking up on anyone. No way they can have every ball bounce their way again and avoid the injury bug

Acc still isnt great so they will have a good year. But they lose everything next year.
And they avoid the "2d-tier" teams in the league. No Carolina, no Louisville, no NCSt.

Us and Duke are the only ones who play all 5 teams with shorter odds than us. I realize that those teams can't play themselves, but nobody else even plays 4/5. Fsu only has Clemson, and Louisville misses all 3 of the teams ahead of them.

Fool's Good in Tallahassee.

10-3 last year was a such a fugazi—zero wins over ranked teams and a three-point win in a dogfight of a bowl game against an Oklahoma squad who was 6-6 and barely made the post-season.

Lost to #22 Wake Forest, #14 North Carolina State and #4 Clemson—the only ranked teams they faced. Nine other regular seasons wins:

— Duquesne, who went 4-7 in the Northeast Conference.

— LSU, who went 10-4 and improved as year went on—lost to Florida State on missed PAT in season-opener. Tigers roll Noles if they played later in year.

— Louisville, who went 8-5 and spent one ranked week at #25 in late November.

— Boston College, who went 3-9.

— Georgia Tech, who went 5-7.

— Miami, who went 5-7.

— Syracuse, who went 7-6.

— Louisiana, who went 6-7 in the Sun Belt Conference.

— Florida, who went 6-7.

Miami went 10-3 in 2017; falling to four-win Pitt in the season finale, rolled by Clemson in the ACC title game and beat by double-digits against Wisconsin in the Orange Bowl.

A year later, the Canes were a dog of a 7-6 football team.

FSU opens with LSU In Orlando, back to back road games at Boston College and Clemson and at Wake Forest, Pittsburgh and Florida later in the year.

Clemson wins the Atlantic this year and Noles go 8-4 in the regular season.

And they avoid the "2d-tier" teams in the league. No Carolina, no Louisville, no NCSt.

Us and Duke are the only ones who play all 5 teams with shorter odds than us. I realize that those teams can't play themselves, but nobody else even plays 4/5. Fsu only has Clemson, and Louisville misses all 3 of the teams ahead of them.
I posted similar in another thread.
Yes, Duke has the toughest schedule, then us.

If the people that put this list together looked at the schedules, Pitt would have been higher.
They have the easiest slate, with FSU and UNC at home.

https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/way-too-early-acc-predictions.184201/post-6536430

Advertisement
Elite offenses win games in college football and especially the garbage acc. Fsu will run through the acc this year. They will split with Clemson and play them in title game. Don’t know which game they win but they will play them twice this year

Advertisement
Fool's Good in Tallahassee.

10-3 last year was a such a fugazi—zero wins over ranked teams and a three-point win in a dogfight of a bowl game against an Oklahoma squad who was 6-6 and barely made the post-season.

Lost to #22 Wake Forest, #14 North Carolina State and #4 Clemson—the only ranked teams they faced. Nine other regular seasons wins:

— Duquesne, who went 4-7 in the Northeast Conference.

— LSU, who went 10-4 and improved as year went on—lost to Florida State on missed PAT in season-opener. Tigers roll Noles if they played later in year.

— Louisville, who went 8-5 and spent one ranked week at #25 in late November.

— Boston College, who went 3-9.

— Georgia Tech, who went 5-7.

— Miami, who went 5-7.

— Syracuse, who went 7-6.

— Louisiana, who went 6-7 in the Sun Belt Conference.

— Florida, who went 6-7.

Miami went 10-3 in 2017; falling to four-win Pitt in the season finale, rolled by Clemson in the ACC title game and beat by double-digits against Wisconsin in the Orange Bowl.

A year later, the Canes were a dog of a 7-6 football team.

FSU opens with LSU In Orlando, back to back road games at Boston College and Clemson and at Wake Forest, Pittsburgh and Florida later in the year.

Clemson wins the Atlantic this year and Noles go 8-4 in the regular season.
I tell my Nole friends it reminded me of our 2017 season that was an absolute mirage. Then we laid a huge **** in 18. I get the same vibes with them in 23

I tell my Nole friends it reminded me of our 2017 season that was an absolute mirage. Then we laid a huge **** in 18. I get the same vibes with them in 23

The 2018 defense was really good. I think two issues tanked the season.

1. The problem was teams with decent defenses knew how to stop Rosier thanks to Pitt in 2017, we got a couple of those in the middle of the season.

2. Richt was really starting to get affected by his illness. Rosier and Perry had significantly different skillsets. Perry could hit deep passes, Rosier couldnt. I think Richt would have adjusted quicker to Perry's skillset if he (Richt) had been healthy. It took 2-3 games for him to tailor the offense more to Perry and we got back on track to close the season.

We were averaging about 42 ppg up til the UVA game. After Perry led UM to the amazing comeback against FSU, he got pulled after just 4 series against UVA. Yes he threw 2 picks to start, but I honestly think he would have figured it out. Should have benched him for a couple series to get his head straight and then put him back in. Rosier did nothing.

I don't think Norvell has any health issues nor do I think FSU needs to worry that teams will figure out how to shut down Jordan Travis. So I don't see many parallels between 2018 UM and 2023 FSU.

Would be fitting for their season to also start with a blowout loss to LSU.

Advertisement
Back