OC Candidates

I agree 100%, we absolutely need recruiters, but the problem is we have nothing to sell.

The plan should be to transform the offense & turn us into a viable high octane attacking team that can put up points with anybody while maintaining a solid-good Defense. The key is winning right away, we can load up on recruiters but if we have nothing to sell we're not going to get high level recruits. We need to string together a 10 win season so that recruits have something to believe in, the last time we won 10 games we finished with the 8th ranked class.

When you have a schematic advantage you don't need an offense full of 5-stars, these OC's take medium level talent & maximize their productivity by using a high pace scheme that neutralizes Defenses. We don't really struggle landing good offensive talent regardless of how bad we are, so I'm not worried about offense recruiting, we need Elite recruiters on Defense.

We need a high level recruiter at LB coach & someone to bring us some fckin DB's. But with offense, even as it stands we have enough talent to score over 33-35ppg & be productive, we just need the right play caller & play designer.

Thank you. Find the right OC and the players will follow. There will be something to sell. Plenty. Very simple. Not hard to figure out - for some.

Advertisement
No. Enough with the "let's make anyone who has a connection to the former Canes' teams" options.

Dorsey has never called plays and has done nothing to warrant being a serious OC candidate besides having played here. He would be a monstrously awful hire.

I agree and disagree at the same time. He did a great job in Carolina calling more plays than credited with. He put in a lot of film study and QB work at FIU and did a great job with their QB. It impressed App State enough to offer him the OC job until Buffalo snatched him up. I would like to see him coach at the U but after he is a proven OC elsewhere. Really wish he would have stuck with App. St.

Not an offensive coordinator candidate...but in some sort of role, John Van Dam from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers would be a wise choice to help develop the offensive side of the ball. He's been a playcaller and is pretty well traveled at the college level. If we do some sort of co-OC thing like some schools are doing, he'd be a nice 1b to whoever we hire as a 1a.

I'd love to replace Taylor Stubblefield with Keenan McCardell. WR Coach of the Jacksonville Jaguars. Developed DeDe Westbrook and DJ Chark recently. He's got a personality that I think will make a good college recruiter.

My money is on Diaz stealing Sean Gleeson from Ok state. With Boone dead the OkState slush fund has dried up, so now we can out bid them.

An per another poster on CIS, Manny was going to hire Gleeson at Temple supposedly. The connection is there and Sean Gleeson solves a lot of issues immediately he is uptempo power spread guy and he has the nation's leading rusher so all the current UM RB's will love that. Also Gleeson is from Jersey so living in Miami would be normal.

The only issue is Gleeson is young so Manny would have to find a Oline coach and WR Coach. Gleeson doesn't have an extensive contact list.

Go Canes

There are a couple of Stoutlands in the Midwest. All he has to do is a little homework.

Advertisement
Not an offensive coordinator candidate...but in some sort of role, John Van Dam from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers would be a wise choice to help develop the offensive side of the ball. He's been a playcaller and is pretty well traveled at the college level. If we do some sort of co-OC thing like some schools are doing, he'd be a nice 1b to whoever we hire as a 1a.

I'd love to replace Taylor Stubblefield with Keenan McCardell. WR Coach of the Jacksonville Jaguars. Developed DeDe Westbrook and DJ Chark recently. He's got a personality that I think will make a good college recruiter.
McCardell is going leave his franchise for Miami ?

McCardell is going leave his franchise for Miami ?
I have no idea, but the Jaguars coaching staff is about to get gutted in one weeks time. Coughlin was already let go. They are going to clean out the entire front offense and Marrone and Co. are on the next train out of town.

idk if he gets retained by the new staff/front office...but if not...just saying. He's a very good WR Coach and will not be short on opportunities.

Any possible way Jordan Love would withdraw his name from the draft and grad transfer if Yost comes here? Seems to me like he’s not guaranteed to get drafted and it would only help him out.

I think Chip Long gets a look. Scored more at ND than anyone else, Broyles nominee, took ND to the playoffs, worked under Norvell at Memphis, and the best thing this school loves. He is no buyout since him and ND parted ways.

Advertisement
I want a spread guy with a respected running game.

If there's one thing we've shown over the past 20 years, it's that we will always have good backs. We somehow signed two elite backs in this class despite the on-field product. We need someone who can maximize that competitive advantage.

we better use the running backs, we have two of the best in many years coming in this year. in fact, that is our best "room" on the is team. whomever we hire, better know how to them.

So he's going to leave the NFL to take the same job with a mediocre college program?

Advertisement
There's some good candidates out there, but since Manny screwed up his last pick from OC, I don't have a lot of faith that he'll make good choice this time.

Advertisement
Recruiting ain't rocket science. For years we've been selling a story of things to come, but then we score 0 points in a bowl game. Our last story was all about being a cutting edge, fast, explosive offense and we did none of that, at all. In fact, we had to dust off Richt's old pistol formations. Build an offense that puts the players in position to score points and win football games and then magically, it won't be too difficult to get recruits to take us seriously.

Advertisement
Back