OC Candidates

Nah. I'm not high on Rich Rod, or Perry, or Tate, or Jarren.

I would take Rich Rod over Enos obviously, but I'd rather get a new young guy who just wants to sit in the film room all day & draw up big plays. We need a X's & O's lab technician type, I think you guys want a splash name hire but the truth is we need less ego & more guys who don't give AF about anything except trying to prove their worth...

And that goes for both Coaches & players. Bring me a guy that doesn't have any glitz or glamour to his name, just a X's & O's guru that dedicates all his time to transforming Offenses, not guys who just see us as a stepping stone to another job.
How you feel about sean Gleeson

Advertisement
I would seriously consider Brian Hartline. Extremely sharp guy with ties to the area. That's what might tempt him to return. He is rising quickly at Ohio State and is already known as an ace recruiter.

I don't think he would leave the Buckeyes unless he got an offensive coordinator role in prime recruiting territory for wide receivers.

I believe in youth. I have never understood why conventional wisdom in this profession requires age 40+ more often than not.

Most of this fanbase is old ***** that like other old *****. That is why forever this **** messageboard only wanted Prostyle Bro OC's. It took 5 HC's and 100 OC's to figure out that maybe Prostyle offense was a thing of the past.

Brady (no chance)
Yost
Bedenbaugh
Gleeson

Those are my preferred top choices tier one if you will

Tier 2

Fedora

Lashlee (granted that FAU game was concerning in how he was completely out coached and dominated)

Some D2 OC

A big **** no too...

Applewhite
Rich rod (old and tired seems the game has passed him by)

Gleason from what I hear is going to Rutgers with Schiano......

Can't See Bedenbaugh here ....

My top Picks are:

Ruggiero (Wake)
Fedora (like that he was a HC and alpha and can recruit)
Glenn Thomas (Baylor)
Cale Gundy(Oklahoma) i feel he's more of a shot than Bendenbaugh
Brady - give him full autonomy of the offense - make him an offer he can't refuse.

JC

Advertisement
There are some really Really good choices out there. Looking back - Enos was a meh hire.

I'll take mostly anyone already named except for Rich Rod..... not a big fan. And Don't see TVD florishing with him

JC

I would seriously consider Brian Hartline. Extremely sharp guy with ties to the area. That's what might tempt him to return. He is rising quickly at Ohio State and is already known as an ace recruiter.

I don't think he would leave the Buckeyes unless he got an offensive coordinator role in prime recruiting territory for wide receivers.

I believe in youth. I have never understood why conventional wisdom in this profession requires age 40+ more often than not.

Another coach no one in the Hecht has any idea exists.

If you asked Manny Diaz, he'd ask if he was still on the Colts (thinking he was talking about Anthony Gonzalez or something).

But he'd be a great choice that would show some foresight that our program has lacked.

Again, why is it that jabronis like you, I, Liberty City El, and others on this very forum can quickly identify potential great fits for this program but no one in the building can?

I'm really tempted to drive over to the Hecht and litter the parking lot with fliers of potential offensive coordinators like I was trying to promote a party at a club. Seriously, its absolutely ridiculous.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Kevin Wilson all day. He’s making $900k, we can hire a real OL coach with the money we save over Enos

He's my top choice, and one of the main reasons is because Wilson has extensive experience as an OL coach. He's the perfect candidate, in my opinon.

He's also a former HC so he can be a good sounding board for Manny, plus his "spread" system is much more smash mouth and favors the running game. And he's a complete ***-kicker, which is what some of these prima donnas on offense need right now.

Advertisement
How could you not want this guy

yost.jpg

Advertisement
Back