OC Candidates

Advertisement
Advertisement
My money is on Diaz stealing Sean Gleeson from Ok state. With Boone dead the OkState slush fund has dried up, so now we can out bid them.

An per another poster on CIS, Manny was going to hire Gleeson at Temple supposedly. The connection is there and Sean Gleeson solves a lot of issues immediately he is uptempo power spread guy and he has the nation's leading rusher so all the current UM RB's will love that. Also Gleeson is from Jersey so living in Miami would be normal.

The only issue is Gleeson is young so Manny would have to find a Oline coach and WR Coach. Gleeson doesn't have an extensive contact list.

Go Canes

This whole theory of letting the oc pick assistants is foolish.

Manny should be hiring the best available at position coaches.

He let Enos bring his band of jagaloons... how’d that work?

I think you're wrong about Rich Rod man thats a good coordinator right there and ha shown that he can work with multiple style qbs which shows his ability to build a system around his talent and not the other way around.

Advertisement
No. Enough with the "let's make anyone who has a connection to the former Canes' teams" options.

Dorsey has never called plays and has done nothing to warrant being a serious OC candidate besides having played here. He would be a monstrously awful hire.
Ahhh wasn’t he calling plays for the Panthers when they made that SB run

Advertisement
Ahhh wasn’t he calling plays for the Panthers when they made that SB run

No, Mike Shula was the offensive coordinator. Dorsey gets credit -- deserved, for sure -- for the work he did as QB coach with Newton. But he's never called plays and doesn't have the pedigree we need for our next OC.

Miami, as a program, is desperate for adults in the room. Guys who have done the job they're hired to do before at a certain level of success. Dorsey is not that.

What decent OC would risk their career working for a dead man walking like manny?
People said the same thing about Clay Helton then he hires Harrell, Harrell leads USC to a top 20(?) offense, raises his demand and is now making $1.5M a year.

OCs who believe in their system will make the jump to Miami to fast-track their careers.

Advertisement
I agree 100%, we absolutely need recruiters, but the problem is we have nothing to sell.

The plan should be to transform the offense & turn us into a viable high octane attacking team that can put up points with anybody while maintaining a solid-good Defense. The key is winning right away, we can load up on recruiters but if we have nothing to sell we're not going to get high level recruits. We need to string together a 10 win season so that recruits have something to believe in, the last time we won 10 games we finished with the 8th ranked class.

When you have a schematic advantage you don't need an offense full of 5-stars, these OC's take medium level talent & maximize their productivity by using a high pace scheme that neutralizes Defenses. We don't really struggle landing good offensive talent regardless of how bad we are, so I'm not worried about offense recruiting, we need Elite recruiters on Defense.

We need a high level recruiter at LB coach & someone to bring us some fckin DB's. But with offense, even as it stands we have enough talent to score over 33-35ppg & be productive, we just need the right play caller & play designer.

With another cupcake schedule next year, there is no excuse for not winning 10 games. We just have to stop being the cupcake and be the one that’s hungry.

No, Mike Shula was the offensive coordinator. Dorsey gets credit -- deserved, for sure -- for the work he did as QB coach with Newton. But he's never called plays and doesn't have the pedigree we need for our next OC.

Miami, as a program, is desperate for adults in the room. Guys who have done the job they're hired to do before at a certain level of success. Dorsey is not that.
Ok cool thanks for that break down I thought he was calling the plays my mistake

Advertisement
Back