Observations from Sideline (FSU)

Advertisement
I wish college football could have JV teams. I remember in HS, the upperclassman had a mutiny, us on the JV and freshman teams were hungry. Was like play us then! F them nuggas! My class turned our HS program around.

Advertisement
So we still suck 😕

For now, yes.

What these kids on this team don't understand is that in the grand scheme, it looks worse on them.

For those that have NFL aspirations, this tape will pop up at their team/site visits (if they even get that far). This is a bad look for the next level.

For those that don't have NFL aspirations, you're letting a personal grudge affect you enjoying and maximizing a once in a lifetime experience in college. Mario will be paid his entire $80M. Some of these coaches also have their salaries for 2023 guaranteed.

Advertisement
For now, yes.

What these kids on this team don't understand is that in the grand scheme, it looks worse on them.

For those that have NFL aspirations, this tape will pop up at their team/site visits (if they even get that far). This is a bad look for the next level.

For those that don't have NFL aspirations, you're letting a personal grudge affect you enjoying and maximizing a once in a lifetime experience in college. Mario will be paid his entire $80M. Some of these coaches also have their salaries for 2023 guaranteed.
The whole thing is a shît show all the way around.

season 1 episode 3 GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Advertisement
I mostly agree but he also wasn't able to make them care. I'm not sure if Mario doesn't have a deft enough touch or he just miscalculated, but I can see how his heavy-handed approach probably turned off the players Manny recruited, which has led to this mutiny.

He also didnt make them care.
If all you hear from his croots are "he keeps it real, he's honest, I believe in what he's doing, he's building something real" - then why can't the same apply to current players he sees everyday.
I'll preface by saying the obvious that Mario has done a bad job.
But man...making football players care about playing the game of football???
Make. Them. Care.

No matter how many times I say it or write it I find it incomprehensible that a coach should have to do this.
Just not in my DNA I guess.

Advertisement
Hiring Gattis was a colossal mistake.
If Dorsey took the job we'd be having the same problem. He has to make a change at this point because this is a results based business, but Gattis will probably go elsewhere and be fine. And why has no one mentioned Ponce for the chopping block? None of the qbs know how to read a defense. Isn't that on him?

Advertisement
Back