Observations from Sideline (FSU)

Rover

Premium
Attended the game with a field pass of sorts. I'll keep the details light and won't mention names because that's an abuse of privilege and this stuff isn't anything the entire world hasn't already noticed anyway, but by golly it's a bleak state of affairs right now. I spent all night trying to find one player who gave a **** and never found one. Team was totally checked-out from start to finish, didn't want to be there --and dare I say even spiteful. Spiteful meaning crewmen who are glad the ship's going down just to spite the captain. Coaching staff had lots of energy. And you saw that contrast manifest in multiple instances of players walking away from positional coaches as they got chewed out. My "inside look" to the sideline for one game doesn't extend to the locker room, practices, and meetings, so I won't pretend to know who is to blame. But I no longer have any doubt that it's true the players and coaches on this team are not on the same page and not getting along. There is a major rift. In my opinion, both sides are probably to blame because that's how real life works. CMC and Staff have probably mismanaged some aspects of keeping the locker room and/or getting the players to buy-in; but on the other hand, no excuse for the players to not be trying or caring at home against FSU even if for selfish reasons only. Just very disheartening and frustrating.

Advertisement
Attended the game with a field pass of sorts. I'll keep the details light and won't mention names because that's an abuse of privilege and this stuff isn't anything the entire world hasn't already noticed anyway, but by golly it's a bleak state of affairs right now. I spent all night trying to find one player who gave a **** and never found one. Team was totally checked-out from start to finish, didn't want to be there --and dare I say even spiteful. Spiteful meaning crewmen who are glad the ship's going down just to spite the captain. Coaching staff had lots of energy. And you saw that contrast manifest in multiple instances of players walking away from positional coaches as they got chewed out. My "inside look" to the sideline for one game doesn't extend to the locker room, practices, and meetings, so I won't pretend to know who is to blame. But I no longer have any doubt that it's true the players and coaches on this team are not on the same page and not getting along. There is a major rift. In my opinion, both sides are probably to blame because that's how real life works. CMC and Staff have probably mismanaged some aspects of keeping the locker room and/or getting the players to buy-in; but on the other hand, no excuse for the players to not be trying or caring at home against FSU even if for selfish reasons only. Just very disheartening and frustrating.

let the purge begin

what must be done eventually, should be done immediately

Advertisement
let the purge begin

I think we all kinda expected something like this, to a point. We knew it was going to be a culture (there’s that word again) shock and it probably wasn’t going to go well.

Obviously this is far more absurd than we could have ever imagined, but there’s no doubt the “buy in” effect was going to be a HUGE hurdle. Didn’t think it would be this bad though.

Just still not sure if the “buy in” is a good thing or not. Might be buying into bull**** as well.

Advertisement
I think we all kinda expected something like this, to a point. We knew it was going to be a culture (there’s that word again) shock and it probably wasn’t going to go well.

Obviously this is far more absurd than we could have ever imagined, but there’s no doubt the “buy in” effect was going to be a HUGE hurdle. Didn’t think it would be this bad though.

Just still not sure if the “buy in” is a good thing or not. Might be buying into bull**** as well.

this team obviously hasn't bought-in, but checked out. Im shocked how bad this has become, but ok, it is what it is. Now make some swift moves to remedy this. Mario has some hard decisions to make in a few weeks.

Hey, that's why he gets paid the big bucks

Advertisement
said this before...will say it again...he's got a full on mutiny on his hands....even the average fan can see it, it's painfully obvious.
tbh - at this point, his only option is to flip virtually that entire roster due to mistakes he's made in year one.
Mistakes he made? He didn't make them not care.

let the purge begin

The streets will flow with the blood of the non-believers!

1667907974038.gif

Advertisement
🎯 , all this is so true, how can anyone blame Mario this man has very few with the stomach for battle players eye look empty waiting to get home and sleep in.

Soon we’ll have plenty Restrepo Parrish type players who show up for battle.

Awesome post

If you are a player here is the problem; You dont put up numbers or show flashes you will sit in the portal. No offense but even under Lashlee I dont think you would see laundry list of P5's fighting over our roster. Rambo and Harley and TVD made most of the plays. Aside from Freshman and players leaving name 3 guys that top 40 programs would be fighting for? Maybe Arroyo. Brashard?

So these kids who are checking out for whatever reason better realize getting to the NFL is much easier at Miami then the schools that most of them will likely end up at.

Even in the real world with any job there’s a boss. And, many times that boss leaves or is replaced by another. Sometimes you think he or she is qualified or not but you still have to do your job or lose it. Every week Mario takes on the blame and the players for the most part pile on. I’ve had a few bosses in my life I didn’t care for. Mario has been in enough locker rooms to know what’s going on. For the most part I think we all agree that culture change with players and coaching moves need to be done. A lot say Mario is stubborn but maybe he is focused on the plan he has for success. We are losing battles but the bigger picture is winning the war. We know the program needs gutting so if you are a real fan of the U it’s time to support and trust Mario not attack him. We really don’t know if he made bad choices or the players are being spiteful but judging by all the press conferences from Mario and players it’s the same narrative. It’s like politician bull sh#t. So yes there is a major problem and we know it. There was a time at Miami when one loss was not acceptable.

Advertisement
Back