OBB Recruiting Podcast Episode 6

lindend

Money, its gotta be da shoes!
Premium
Episode 6 is out. @Geo305 says that there's a South Florida DL that may hit the portal and Miami will be involved if he does. He gave a hint that he was mentioned previously. Is this Dorlus?

Highlights:
  • Baxter is at the top of the board and we're in a good spot
  • Staff believes Baxter is the best FL RB since Dalvin Cook
  • @Geo305 says Baxter is the best RB in the country
  • Staff is comfortable w/only one RB IF they get an elite RB
  • Someone from the RB may hit the portal and that could change recruiting numbers
  • Miami in a good spot w/Jalen Brown, may make a decision in April
  • Miami working on Joseph behind the scenes and Dabo's back
  • Miami really hasn't been pursuing Fletcher for a while
  • Miami initially in a good spot w/Mims, the next step is the visit
  • Miami in a great spot with Mesidor
  • South Florida LB still may enter the portal (Mikel? Hood?)
  • Multiple Oregon players likely to hit the portal and Miami has interest (Flowe NOT in this list)
  • South FL DL (Dorlus) about to hit the portal.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Given the number of DL that they're bringing in they clearly aren't happy with the current roster (no surprise), likely going to be a significant number of DL going out.

Episode 6 is out. @Geo305 says that there's a South Florida DL that may hit the portal and Miami will be involved if he does. He gave a hint that he was mentioned previously. Is this Dorlus?

Yeah I noticed that too. He mentioned earlier that there still may be some Oregon guys that enter the portal so add those things up and definitely seems like a potential option.

He also talked about the SFL LB that still hasn't entered the portal but if he does would have Miami as the likely destination. Still holding out hope that's Mikel Jones.

Yeah I noticed that too. He mentioned earlier that there still may be some Oregon guys that enter the portal so add those things up and definitely seems like a potential option.

He also talked about the SFL LB that still hasn't entered the portal but if he does would have Miami as the likely destination. Still holding out hope that's Mikel Jones.
Supposedly that door is closed

Advertisement
@Geo305 put an end to any possibility of Flowe becoming a Cane in this episode too.
I never thought there was any chance of this. But his “trolling” tells me all I need to know about the dude. Young man hasn’t sniffed the field in two years due to repeated injury but is trolling another fanbase that wants him badly to hit the portal? Our fans do it to themselves but it’s still a bad look on his part… especially this photo of him in a Oregon uniform in spring practice throwing up the U? Really curious what a alpha like Mario would do if one of our players was doing **** like that

Highlights:
  • Baxter is at the top of the board and we're in a good spot
  • Staff believes Baxter is the best FL RB since Dalvin Cook
  • @Geo305 says Baxter is the best RB in the country
  • Staff is comfortable w/only one RB IF they get an elite RB
  • Someone from the RB may hit the portal and that could change recruiting numbers
  • Miami in a good spot w/Jalen Brown, may make a decision in April
  • Miami working on Joseph behind the scenes and Dabo's back
  • Miami really hasn't been pursuing Fletcher for a while
  • Miami initially in a good spot w/Mims, the next step is the visit
  • South FL DL (Dorlus) about to hit the portal.

Gotta hit on Baxter, Jalen Brown, Joseph and Mims. Mims will give us the LT we need to solidify the OL until we get better recruits, which we will. The Baxter family must feel good knowing we committed to them as the only back. Brown and Joseph now seem to be top of WR board so that means staff wants speed and possibly Hykeem out or gone(ga). Not pursuing Fletcher I understand, since we got a big agile back in Thad and a powerful fast back in Citizen. Dorlus because we need DT and with Moten gives us some girth.

Advertisement
Gotta hit on Baxter, Jalen Brown, Joseph and Mims. Mims will give us the LT we need to solidify the OL until we get better recruits, which we will. The Baxter family must feel good knowing we committed to them as the only back. Brown and Joseph now seem to be top of WR board so that means staff wants speed and possibly Hykeem out or gone(ga). Not pursuing Fletcher I understand, since we got a big agile back in Thad and a powerful fast back in Citizen. Dorlus because we need DT and with Moten gives us some girth.
I mean no doubt Mario is going to let Mims battle it out with Zion at LT but feel like Zion has that pretty much locked up. So RT for Mims this year and then slide over to LT in 2024 would probably the most likely scenario.

Thanks, I missed the LB portal option in the OP. OP is updated

@Geo305 said in a previous podcast that Mikel wasn't leaving. However, there really are only two options here:

• Mikel
  • Hood

Both were rumored, both we were told were staying put. That being said, I'm seeing more and more people openly saying Mikel's name now so maybe he's mulling his options again?

Went back and listened to the LB section of the podcast since I missed that the first go around. Then I noticed that Geo said multiple Oregon players could be hitting the portal. Any speculation beyond Dorlus?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back