OBB Recruiting Podcast Episode 6

Advertisement
Redding, Reed, Washington and Cody (already in portal) are really good guesses.

I would be disappointed if Clarke transferred. Seems to be a great athlete that can be developed.

It wont be the popular sentiment but Brooks and Big Baby probably need to move on. Brooks because hes not getting his job back if Chase Smith is as good as advertised. And I just dont know if Big Baby is what Mario and Mirabel are looking for on that OL. Even if they put him a C...and his brother Lamar Seymoure most likely will be pushed out of the class. (just guessing here) So that would be a double reason. But time will tell. Would love for Big Baby to stay and work hard and prove me wrong.
With Clarke I think we have a logjam at nickel corner. Couch, Curtis, Rodgers, and now Blades is getting action there and safety too. Felt like someone is gonna have no reps. But we'll see how it shakes out.

Advertisement
Potentially adding Dorlus, WVU kid, and Mims changes everything and affects the predicted W/L column for me.
Agree, at that point my only real concern would be not having enough beef in the middle of the DL. We need a big body there who can control the middle and demand double teams.

Outside of that it gets to nitpicking things like more speed at WR, depth at some positions, maybe an elite playmaker in the front 7 etc etc but no glaring holes.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Agree, at that point my only real concern would be not having enough beef in the middle of the DL. We need a big body there who can control the middle and demand double teams.

Outside of that it gets to nitpicking things like more speed at WR, depth at some positions, maybe an elite playmaker in the front 7 etc etc but no glaring holes.

Agree, few have beat that big man in the middle drum more than me so I’m with you. Dorlus is an NFL 3T who had 30+ pressures last season and would allow us to put Mesidor (sp?) outside where he can create pressure as well as be a force vs the run. This also puts a kick in the *** to JHH and LT because Dorlus 1000% starts at one of those spots inside.

Dorlus just brings us more talent and experience to that front. Although he isn’t the 310+ 0/1 we need, he is an NFL guy that will give every team on our schedule fits, especially when combined with other rushers in our front. He creates pressure but it’s not like he is a pushover vs the run there either. He is much more advanced and better vs the run than 81 and 56.

Agree, few have beat that big man in the middle drum more than me so I’m with you. Dorlus is an NFL 3T who had 30+ pressures last season and would allow us to put Mesidor (sp?) outside where he can create pressure as well as be a force vs the run. This also puts a kick in the *** to JHH and LT because Dorlus 1000% starts at one of those spots inside.

Dorlus just brings us more talent and experience to that front. Although he isn’t the 310+ 0/1 we need, he is an NFL guy that will give every team on our schedule fits, especially when combined with other rushers in our front. He creates pressure but it’s not like he is a pushover vs the run there either. He is much more advanced and better vs the run than 81 and 56.
30 pressures from a DT is elite.

By comparison, Gerald Willis had our best DT season in over a decade in 2018 and he only had 26 pressures.

And yes, he's automatically a starter at one DT spot.

Advertisement
Back