2023 Nyckoles Harbor: 6'5, 230 ATH from DC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Deion wins more than Mario year 1?
Kenan Thompson Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

If Miami gave the biggest bags to 4 or 5 star guys that signed do they have issues too? You can’t have it both ways, even if it is a Canes message board lol.
That's reasonable.
Point made.

Four wins is their ceiling, five would be a miracle and Deion will get anointed.
I think they win three.
I capped it at 3-9. Wins vs. Stanford, colorado st, and Arizona St (although that’s a tough spot after b2b games vs. Oregon and USC).

They’re not beating TCU, Nebraska, UCLA, Wazzu. Highly doubt even at home, they beat Oregon St or Zona (two programs on the rise that thoroughly whooped them in 2022 by 20+).

There’s way too much for Deion to fix. Keep in mind this is a unit that averaged 15.4 ppg in 2022 and less than 282 ypg, both bottom five in the country and only superior to Iowa amongst P5 squads. Real good company there. Even if Lewis and Deion implement their tempo and use the altitude to their advantage…how much improvement can we really see? Their O-line has no cohesiveness and is filled with juco and fcs transfers. They might have a true freshman running behind that o line, and no one at WR besides Horn is really that prolific.

Colorado’s defense in 2022 wasn’t just bad. It was horrific.

It was fourth-worst in first downs allowed, second-worst in yards allowed and yards per play, and worst in the country with rushing yards allowed, points allowed, 3rd down conversion percentage and offensive touchdowns allowed per game. 44.5 points a game…man. They have zero D-line (no edge rushers in particular). LB core is weak, only the secondary should be decent.

For me to throw 3+ units on a future, I have to be confident. Did it with Oregon st last year over 5.5 wins.

I think Deon and Mario are the same type of HC they believe in talent. Just like Kirby etc. Everyone said Kircy was a corch until he kept stacking and it started piecing together. It's what all elite HCs do. CEO the **** thing let it mold together than let coordinators enjoy the fruits of the HCs labor.
100%. Who wins NCs without having the most talent, or at least a Top 5 roster?

TCU has excellent coaches and some great players but we saw the difference between them and UGA.

Advertisement

TCU has excellent coaches and some great players but we saw the difference between them and UGA.
In the BCS and then playoff era, the lowest a champ came in with a 4 year class average was Auburn in 2011 with an average of #12. Bama obviously killed it but other champs have had class averages below the top 5 in the past. UGA back to back chips though suggest that one may need a top 3 class now.

Yea a playoff of 12 those pretenders with no roster may pull off a win but will get smashed by talent. Happened to the giants as a giant fan I'm telling all Giants fans we getting stomped. Talent wins period in every sport. Talented boxers win talent talent talent. Their are ordinary players and gifted same in gaming talent talent talent.

It's been this way forever. Sorry to go OT but Giants fans were nuts. Philly rushes four creates pressure giants just have Saquon and u can play man cause they have no recievers. I don't care what scheme Wink came up with u not stopping that with the roster u have. He's considered a genius then all of a sudden he can't coach? Nah it was talent and matchups. Jimmy Johnson said it best everything is a 1 on 1 beat your guy and u win.

Is he a cultural fit though?

Listen, I promise u I’m not trying to attack u, but I need this board to stop asking this ?

I’m not sure when this became a CIS thing, but most likely it’s under the same derivative of kids going to Bama, UGA, OSU “only” b/c of bags.

For the umpteenth time, the main priority of most big time recruits is what institution will give them the best opportunity to fulfill their greatest dream to play at the next level, location be damned. Do the home team usually have an advantage? Yes, but culture fit & location is secondary. Look how many So Fla guys went to schools in the Deep South where the hard r is still acceptable. Look how many So Cal kids have gone to the Deep South or Mid West where the temperatures don’t jive to their lifestyle.

Sorry for the rant, but we gotta stop asking these types of ?’s. A lot of these “home sick” kids r those who either aren’t getting the burn they thought they would elsewhere or is f’ing up in school & close to being out, anyway.

Advertisement
Oregon is going to be hard to beat, especially with his interest in track. The also guy gets visit highs after every visit. And if that's his last one...?

I will say that Maryland is rumored to be offering a **** of a NIL package. Supposedly willing to make him the face of Under Armour. He has a good relationship with both Under Armour and Maryland. Wouldn't sleep on them.

Not sure how UA can put together an impressive NIL for him, when they r in dire financial problems & there’s uncertainties about their contract renewal in 2024 w/ Maryland. UA’s operating budget plummeted by 87% towards the end of last yr. They r literally playing w/ monopoly $$, relying solely on Steph Curry. In fact, Auburn actually lost $$ ($8.23m) from their UA deal b/c part of it was based in stock shares.

So that will be interesting to see, this package deal. I hope he & his family thoroughly vets it.

Last edited:
Not sure how UA can put an impressive NIL for him, when they r in dire financial problems & there’s uncertainties about their contract renewal in 2024. UA’s operating budget plummeted by 87% towards the end of last yr. They r literally playing w/ monopoly $$, relying solely on Steph Curry. In fact, Auburn actually lost $$ ($8.23m) from their UA deal b/c part of it was based in stock shares.

So that will be interesting to see; this package deal. I hope he & his family thoroughly vets it.
I hear ya. That's exactly what I think too. What you say about his family vetting it is extremely important.

UA has been giving NIL deals out, though they've been picky about who they're giving them to. I know they gave one to a 5* receiver who signed with Maryland a couple years ago. They also gave one to Shadeur Sanders.

They gave a pretty big deal to Aliyah Boston, who they claim had a say in shoe design (I call bull**** but who knows). She's also at an Under Armour school, which happens to be the only school Harbour has been crystal balled to. I seriously doubt he ends up at SC, but still.

Harbor is a different animal from their pov. A DC kid with Olympic dreams? He fits their partnership role perfectly.

They'd give him a lot of say in apparel. Probably wouldn't care if he played football or focused on track. Its no surprise he played in the Under Armour AA game. And that 60m clip posted in here a few days ago was at the Under Armour High School classic. He's definitely received a major offer from them.

I still think he's going to Oregon. What they can offer with track, football and NIL is gonna be hard to beat. And I keep saying it, he gets those visit highs too. Seems like his leader is the most recently visited school. And Oregon gets his last visit.

UA posted some of their NIL information

I hear ya. That's exactly what I think too. What you say about his family vetting it is extremely important.

UA has been giving NIL deals out, though they've been picky about who they're giving them to. I know they gave one to a 5* receiver who signed with Maryland a couple years ago. They also gave one to Shadeur Sanders.

They gave a pretty big deal to Aliyah Boston, who they claim had a say in shoe design (I call bull**** but who knows). She's also at an Under Armour school, which happens to be the only school Harbour has been crystal balled to. I seriously doubt he ends up at SC, but still.

Harbor is a different animal from their pov. A DC kid with Olympic dreams? He fits their partnership role perfectly.

They'd give him a lot of say in apparel. Probably wouldn't care if he played football or focused on track. Its no surprise he played in the Under Armour AA game. And that 60m clip posted in here a few days ago was at the Under Armour High School classic. He's definitely received a major offer from them.

I still think he's going to Oregon. What they can offer with track, football and NIL is gonna be hard to beat. And I keep saying it, he gets those visit highs too. Seems like his leader is the most recently visited school. And Oregon gets his last visit.

UA posted some of their NIL information

Oh yeah, no doubt. It’s just crazy I was thinking about the Shadeur UA deal, & now he’s at a Nike school, a firmly entrenched Nike school. Lol.

But, for sure, they would definitely give him say so & feature him a lot in their ads. It’s so weird saying UA & financial issues in the same sentence. 5 yrs ago, u could never tell me they would be in this position. Bro, their stock was hovering around $50/share just 5 yrs ago; now? It’s at around $9-10/share. That’s unbelievable!

It’s so weird saying UA & financial issues in the same sentence. 5 yrs ago, u could never tell me they would be in this position. Bro, their stock was hovering around $50/share just 5 yrs ago; now? It’s at around $9-10/share. That’s unbelievable!

Advertisement
In the BCS and then playoff era, the lowest a champ came in with a 4 year class average was Auburn in 2011 with an average of #12. Bama obviously killed it but other champs have had class averages below the top 5 in the past. UGA back to back chips though suggest that one may need a top 3 class now.
Top 5 was a sort-of random number, but any discussion of roster needs to factor in more than some blue-chip 247 ratio. The type of player a recruit developed into is more important than how many stars recruiting analysts awarded him out of high school. Plenty of 3*s drafted 1-2 rounds and 5* wash outs.

The basic point was the best teams have the best players.

Would you disagree Bama, UGA, Oklahoma (under Riley), Clemson, and Ohio State have had the best rosters in the CFP era? Especially at key positions like QB and surrounding talent? 10 NCs and 6 (?) NC loses, and few CFP-semi losses, among the same teams mostly. LSU the outlier NC.

I do think the expanded CFP will result is more parity. The teams noted above stacked the most talent because recruits saw them in the CFP nearly every year, because they had the most talent. Now players will see CFP opportunities at more schools.

NIL has effected this as well.

But I digress…..

Top 5 was a sort-of random number, but any discussion of roster needs to factor in more than some blue-chip 247 ratio. The type of player a recruit developed into is more important than how many stars recruiting analysts awarded him out of high school. Plenty of 3*s drafted 1-2 rounds and 5* wash outs.

The basic point was the best teams have the best players.

Would you disagree Bama, UGA, Oklahoma (under Riley), Clemson, and Ohio State have had the best rosters in the CFP era? Especially at key positions like QB and surrounding talent? 10 NCs and 6 (?) NC loses, and few CFP-semi losses, among the same teams mostly. LSU the outlier NC.

I do think the expanded CFP will result is more parity. The teams noted above stacked the most talent because recruits saw them in the CFP nearly every year, because they had the most talent. Now players will see CFP opportunities at more schools.

NIL has effected this as well.

But I digress…..
I wasn’t disagreeing, just pointed out that fact about Auburn. Also, LSU recruited everybit as well as all those top tier schools except for Bama and recently UGA. Their issue was that they inexplicably couldnt hit on a QB until they brought Burrow in.

Last edited:
Yea a playoff of 12 those pretenders with no roster may pull off a win but will get smashed by talent. Happened to the giants as a giant fan I'm telling all Giants fans we getting stomped. Talent wins period in every sport. Talented boxers win talent talent talent. Their are ordinary players and gifted same in gaming talent talent talent.

It's been this way forever. Sorry to go OT but Giants fans were nuts. Philly rushes four creates pressure giants just have Saquon and u can play man cause they have no recievers. I don't care what scheme Wink came up with u not stopping that with the roster u have. He's considered a genius then all of a sudden he can't coach? Nah it was talent and matchups. Jimmy Johnson said it best everything is a 1 on 1 beat your guy and u win.
I think NIL, the transfer portal, and the expanded CFP will result in more parity. In the CFP-eta to date only a handful of teams were CFP ‘locks’, more or less. They had the most talent and collected more because elite players wanted a NC opportunity. The playing field being is leveled, a little bit.

Parity won’t be such that Washington State or Louisville or Syracuse wins a NC but you’re seeing chinks in the armor at Ohio State and Clemson. USC may be resurrected soon. Maybe even our beloved Canes in a few seasons.

Advertisement
Listen, I promise u I’m not trying to attack u, but I need this board to stop asking this ?

I’m not sure when this became a CIS thing, but most likely it’s under the same derivative of kids going to Bama, UGA, OSU “only” b/c of bags.

For the umpteenth time, the main priority of most big time recruits is what institution will give them the best opportunity to fulfill their greatest dream to play at the next level, location be damned. Do the home team usually have an advantage? Yes, but culture fit & location is secondary. Look how many So Fla guys went to schools in the Deep South where the hard r is still acceptable. Look how many So Cal kids have gone to the Deep South or Mid West where the temperatures don’t jive to their lifestyle.

Sorry for the rant, but we gotta stop asking these types of ?’s. A lot of these “home sick” kids r those who either aren’t getting the burn they thought they would elsewhere or is f’ing up in school & close to being out, anyway.
Celebrity gif. Neil Degrasse Tyson stands in front of an outer space background as he raises a hand over his head and looks ahead. Text, Can I get an Amen!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back