number 4 corner

sotacane22

Sophomore
we have 3 solid corners is ryan mayes good enough at the 4 spot or would you like to see maleek young there cedrick wright or jaquan johnson instead

Advertisement
I think we can all agree that jaquan Johnson had enormous hype coming out of high school. It's time for him to make an impact. Some were claiming he'd be our next great db. I wanna see him step in a corner spot if it means he's on the field and show what he's got because he hasn't lived up to the hype quite yet

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I think we can all agree that jaquan Johnson had enormous hype coming out of high school. It's time for him to make an impact. Some were claiming he'd be our next great db. I wanna see him step in a corner spot if it means he's on the field and show what he's got because he hasn't lived up to the hype quite yet

Lol dude is going to be a true sophomore... give him so time.

He's a sophmore who hasn't played his second season yet, you are tripping lol

He's been here 1 year. **** some people are clueless.

If you can name a defensive player the last 5 years that "lived up to the hype" in that scheme please enlighten us all.

Advertisement

If you can name a defensive player the last 5 years that "lived up to the hype" in that scheme please enlighten us all.
Did you do some preachin this morning because you just ol' boy to church. I honestly can't understand what's wrong with some of these people lol.

Woah easy Nancy.

I thought he was a junior. When you follow recruiting the years start to blend together especially since this board has been talking about him for 4 years.

Either way I didn't say he was terrible but people were comparing him to all time greats, if he can't get snaps this year then I'd say he hasn't lived up to the hype SO FAR. .

And I agree with your overall statement but Denzel Perryman would be an easy answer

Did you do some preachin this morning because you just ol' boy to church. I honestly can't understand what's wrong with some of these people lol.
Becuase he knew he was a sophomore and I thought he was going into year 3? Yeah he really got me on that one.

we have 3 solid corners is ryan mayes good enough at the 4 spot or would you like to see maleek young there cedrick wright or jaquan johnson instead

I might be over thinking this but I think I would like to see whom ever earns the job.

Advertisement
How is Johnson and wrights hips ? Can they move smooth enough to play CB , just asking don't know

CB1- Colbert
CB2- Redwine
NCB- Elder
CB4- Mayes/Young

I would like to see Jaquan get some rotational play at Nickel. I think we could use him like Tyrann Mathieu, and have him play both CB/S utilizing his ballhawking ability in coverage.

What I want to see are corners and safeties who are physical, who play the run and who can tackle wideouts in the open field. I think the best player we have in our secondary right now is Jamal Carter. He's the only one returning from 2015 who showed any kind of toughness

Elder and especially Jenkins are wallflowers, and that ain't gonna work. I think Elder is a naturally good football player, and with good coaching he could take a step. Jenkins, I just don't think has the instincts to play safety IMO. Can't have a safety who avoids contact.

I think Johnson could be good, I haven't looked at film of him from last year, but give me an undersized guy with instincts and football toughness who isn't scared to mix it up over a tall fast wallflower all day. Dude was a high school hero and everyone says a leader. I'll be watching him this year...in my mind I think he could be a great one

Advertisement
CB1- Colbert
CB2- Redwine
NCB- Elder
CB4- Mayes/Young

I would like to see Jaquan get some rotational play at Nickel. I think we could use him like Tyrann Mathieu, and have him play both CB/S utilizing his ballhawking ability in coverage.

Bro, I have a feeling that Elder will start. Maybe Colbert takes Redwines spot, but I have a feeling Elder has earned his spot. At least he did last year when he started most of the season...

Classic.

Advertisement
The ideal scenario would involve Mayes stepping up to control the CB4 role, giving Young a chance to acclimate, given that he hasn't been here that long. Wright got here like 30 minutes ago, so he shouldn't sniff the field at first. Jaquan may get some burn as a nickel, but it wouldn't be ideal for him to be an official backup at corner. He's the future at safety and needs reps there.

I'm curious to see what Robert Knowles can do with the big lights on... No one is talking about this guy, but I've seen plenty of plays being made by this guy throughout camp highlights & notes.

Not sure if he can play corner, but seems to have some skills. Maybe he can roll down into a 4th DB/Nickel role & do a decent job??

Looks like we will be ok, but next years class can't come quick enough! Bring on those stud DB's...!

Advertisement
Back