number 4 corner

What I want to see are corners and safeties who are physical, who play the run and who can tackle wideouts in the open field. I think the best player we have in our secondary right now is Jamal Carter. He's the only one returning from 2015 who showed any kind of toughness

Elder and especially Jenkins are wallflowers, and that ain't gonna work. I think Elder is a naturally good football player, and with good coaching he could take a step. Jenkins, I just don't think has the instincts to play safety IMO. Can't have a safety who avoids contact.

I think Johnson could be good, I haven't looked at film of him from last year, but give me an undersized guy with instincts and football toughness who isn't scared to mix it up over a tall fast wallflower all day. Dude was a high school hero and everyone says a leader. I'll be watching him this year...in my mind I think he could be a great one

Did you watch the games? Jamal Carter constantly missed tackles or took bad angles to try and make plays. He has not shown much in his time here. I don't understand the hate on Cornelius being that he stood out not only at Corner but as a ridiculous return man last year (had multiple TD's called back off "penalties". From what I've seen Corn is a stud. As far as instincts Jenkins is a ballhawk back there as he covers a lot of ground when healthy, but he is injury prone and my only knock on him would be his tackling ability. I just don't consider Carter all that great with the scheme he was dealt in past years, but hopefully with the new scheme everything will be head and shoulders better than what we've been tortured with the past too many years.

Here's how each did last year against Georgia Tech, you can watch and draw your own conclusions. I think Carter showed the most, followed by Elder, and I was not impressed with Jenkins.

I agree with you that Elder is a good all around football player and athlete, so I think with some good coaching he can learn to be aggressive on defense. I really think that kid can be taught. Jenkins IDK.
[video=youtube_share;JosfufjlHbw]https://youtu.be/JosfufjlHbw[/video]

[video=youtube_share;40KiRZ4XOqk]https://youtu.be/40KiRZ4XOqk[/video]

[video=youtube_share;rgcbp_NVZt8]https://youtu.be/rgcbp_NVZt8[/video]

LMAO secondary highlights against GT.. if only we played NAVY this year....

The topic is safeties and corners stopping the RUN. Scroll up and read. GT is a pretty good running team.

But go ahead and find me a game where our secondary was consistently balling out. Do a film cutup and post it along with your comments - any game you want from 2015

Advertisement
I think we can all agree that jaquan Johnson had enormous hype coming out of high school. It's time for him to make an impact. Some were claiming he'd be our next great db. I wanna see him step in a corner spot if it means he's on the field and show what he's got because he hasn't lived up to the hype quite yet

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

He's been here 1 year. **** some people are clueless.

If you can name a defensive player the last 5 years that "lived up to the hype" in that scheme please enlighten us all.
Did you do some preachin this morning because you just ol' boy to church. I honestly can't understand what's wrong with some of these people lol.

Most of them are 21 or under.... i hope

Advertisement
Back