nuggets from Barry Jackson on ed reed

Ed lives a good life. Money in the bank, cigars in the humidor, good bourbon in the liquor cabinet—and a stress-free gig with UM.

Even if he got promoted to Defensive Coordinator at UM, he's still sitting in 17-year olds' living rooms and trying to out-recruit big money programs like Alabama and Georgia, who spend millions annually on recruiting.

Dude isn't looking for that kind of responsibility at this phase of life, He wants to hang out, golf and do Instagram Live videos.

Agree completely.

He knows the deal with coaching, start somewhere and work your way up. He doesn't want to have that kind of commitment so say what he said instead of the truth.

Advertisement
Fact is none of us knows with 100% or even 90% certainty who would become a successful coach at a particular University.

Just sayin, experience doesn't insure success.. it's never been proven that the more experience the more you'll win.. .and lack of experience does not insure failure nor prevent success. There are already so many coaches out there with experience without the attributes required for success ...pretenders who are usually doomed to fail despite the occasional lucky year

Just because something hasn't yet been tried doesn't mean it cannot be done successfully.

There are so many examples rules and truisms that were supposedly written in stone in athletics that are simply people trying to maintain the status quo more than actually being an impossibility.

Think of how many things you thought you'd never see in sports that are now commonplace....Is it taking a BIG chance? Without a doubt YES but we've already have "experience" and taken BIG chances on numerous failures in recent years ....so that shouldn't stop us.

I'd take him right now over Diaz and bet that we'd improve faster. But who knows?

What I do know is despite me always cheering for our team ....is that Diaz is not taking us there...but he talks a good game, ...just like all our other failures

The problem always is...no one wants to be the 1st to try....even with innumerable failed previous choices

Fact is none of us knows with 100% or even 90% certainty who would become a successful coach at a particular University.

Just sayin, experience doesn't insure success.. it's never been proven that the more experience the more you'll win.. .and lack of experience does not insure failure nor prevent success. There are already so many coaches out there with experience without the attributes required for success ...pretenders who are usually doomed to fail despite the occasional lucky year

Just because something hasn't yet been tried doesn't mean it cannot be done successfully.

There are so many examples rules and truisms that were supposedly written in stone in athletics that are simply people trying to maintain the status quo more than actually being an impossibility.

Think of how many things you thought you'd never see in sports that are now commonplace....Is it taking a BIG chance? Without a doubt YES but we've already have "experience" and taken BIG chances on numerous failures in recent years ....so that shouldn't stop us.

I'd take him right now over Diaz and bet that we'd improve faster. But who knows?

What I do know is despite me always cheering for our team ....is that Diaz is not taking us there...but he talks a good game, ...just like all our other failures

The problem always is...no one wants to be the 1st to try....even with innumerable failed previous choices

You’re not making a very good affirmative case for Ed Reed.

Ed lives a good life. Money in the bank, cigars in the humidor, good bourbon in the liquor cabinet—and a stress-free gig with UM.

Even if he got promoted to Defensive Coordinator at UM, he's still sitting in 17-year olds' living rooms and trying to out-recruit big money programs like Alabama and Georgia, who spend millions annually on recruiting.

Dude isn't looking for that kind of responsibility at this phase of life, He wants to hang out, golf and do Instagram Live videos.
I think ED REED is a Better D- Coordinator than Manny Right Now!

Advertisement
I think ED REED is a Better D- Coordinator than Manny Right Now!
FDCBF0EF-B5E4-4BA9-A572-F662FCEC20BB.gif

Advertisement
Back