Nuñez is out

OR there’s a “you have to keep Manny“ stipulation?
A keep Manny stipulation? That's not even remotely possible. I don't think Zo or Gino or any other self respecting AD that would go for a stipulation like that. It makes zero sense. There is absolutely nothing to be gained from keeping Diaz when there is serious interest from a coach like Kiffin. Then again this is UM we're talking about here.

Advertisement
If you are at a crossroad between choosing to believe A: there is a master plan that is in place and everything is going to hit perfectly or B: Miami is a terribly run university with a 20 year track record of incompetence … pick B
True but Frenk did something we didn't expect him to do, firing James without talking to the BOT and many posters are praising his two advisors who are conducting the search saying they came from strong management background, Who knows.

I said after Unc Lane 100 % wants the job. Just search and you’ll find my post. I always had doubts about Miami hiring somebody with a not so clean past.

I was told awhile ago Manny was done and it was all Mario.

If they are willing to fire Manny for Mario but keep him if he says no tells me we’re ran by even bigger idiots than I ever imagined. That would mean they’re blowing up multiple classes , trashing a season and permanently damaging a fanbase. Going into next year will makes goldens last year look like a picnic.

If that is their plan it’s a new one and one I’ve never heard. If true it would mean they’re far more inept than anyone imagined.

Exactly! It’s make no sense to keep Manny for a year. If Mario says no now, that **** ain’t changing a year later. What magical candidate is going to pop up a year later? Rip the bandage off and find a **** CORCH!

Im Out Shark Tank GIF by ABC Network

Advertisement
Ferman said Nunez straight up said no and Navarro said Nunez went through the process and was left with the impression there was way to many voices and called today to tell them he was out.

If it's true that this process is very tightly controlled by a select group of people, one group being a firm that's entire existence is to do this, this statement wouldn't make much sense.

I know you all have said it a million times but it's quite obvious now, even without your commentary, that literally all the media noise is coming from the parties outside the conference room door. It actually makes me feel much better about the process. I really don't think a single leak has come from inside that room.

The thing I'm trying to connect the dots on is it seems odd to be able to run a very closed process on an AD search while simultaneously looking for a head coach. If they're being this diligent with the AD I just don't see them lining up a coach without an AD in place. It's odd to be interviewing both simultaneously.

Any reason the search firm website don't list Miami as one of their current searches? Website just hasn't been updated?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back