NSD Press Conferences: Diaz, Simpson, DVD, TWill and TRob

1612384426117.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Come on bro. No need to go there. If it wasnt for Banda...TRob wouldnt have the loads of talent to work with at Safety. He has to be looking at that safety room with his jaw on the floor. Thats all Banda.

I’m speaking on the upgrade in coaching. Let’s see how our safeties look this year. I’m looking at Gurvan. Does he finally figure it out now?

Advertisement
Were going to kill it in recruiting. Love all the new additions. T Will oozes confidence. Mood changed a bit talking about bama lol, but we already know thats going to be an uphilll battle.

Starting at 2 pm. Manny Diaz

2:30-2:45 TRob
2:45-3:00 Jess Simpson
3:00-3:15 DVD
3:15-3:30 TWill

I think you can watch live through Hurricane Sports- they are usually up on YouTube after they are over.

Thanks for the heads up. It was great to get to meet those guys and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Advertisement
I’m confused by this.
Banda got a DC JOB..these are confusing times 😂..

if I were a CB Recruit and my main point of contact throughout the process wasn’t my potential Position coach..that would be a issue and weird. I think that’s what the dvd rumph swap was mainly about. You cannot groom someone who isn’t very personable to be that. But u can groom a guy who is personable be a good on field coach with the right mentoship. DVD from all accounts is great at building relationships with these kids and families. He’s clearly a valuable asset. So instead of him handling a position coaches recruiting duties, just give the **** title..that’s imo what happened

Advertisement
“Players really want two things from a coach, I’ve always felt this way, one, they want to know that you care about their wellbeing, everyone says it’s a business, I get it, but it’s not, this is a personal investment to people. And the most important people are the ones who strap up on game day and step between the lines. And obviously, can you help them make plays on Sundays so they can get paid as much as possible and that is the goal of every single coach and everybody who has some type of impact on the players or has a connection to the players and that is going to be the goal of this entire organization, is to make sure we do everything we can to connect to their wellbeing and to help them make plays on Sunday so they get paid as much as possible. When you look at the connection part with these players, there’s an investment that has to be made, you got to sell everything you can, you got to give them everything you can and when you do, like I said, the reciprocation happens and when it does, it becomes personal, and that’s all you can ask for, to get this to a personal level where everybody’s has everybody’s back and everybody feels accountable to one another.”
Here is what Robert Saleh said at his Jets press conference. Our new coaches sound a lot like this. That's a good thing

4 best assistant coach press conferences I can remember. Over at least the last 10 years.

Easy to see why DVD can recruit and why the other 3 are elite recruiters and developers. Simpson, Trob, and Twill all have HC traits (obviously for Simpson considering he was elite at the HS level)

Banda got a DC JOB..these are confusing times 😂..

if I were a CB Recruit and my main point of contact throughout the process wasn’t my potential Position coach..that would be a issue and weird. I think that’s what the dvd rumph swap was mainly about. You cannot groom someone who isn’t very personable to be that. But u can groom a guy who is personable be a good on field coach with the right mentoship. DVD from all accounts is great at building relationships with these kids and families. He’s clearly a valuable asset. So instead of him handling a position coaches recruiting duties, just give the **** title..that’s imo what happened
Rumph didn’t like it,matter of fact he hated it. Kids aren’t dumb , they know when somebody is genuine. I’ve heard stories at camps where a kid shows up and most of our staff would be up said kids butt, Rumph would be wandering around like he’d ost his puppy.

Tbh I can’t blame him for not liking it , actually it would be a nightmare job for me. Kissing teens butts 24/7 telling them how awesome they are. But I didn’t choose that job, he did.

Advertisement
Back