NSD Press Conferences: Diaz, Simpson, DVD, TWill and TRob

I don’t see this being a long term gig. Maybe him moving on elsewhere or back to high school. That’s just opinion.
Is there any reason to worry Ed won’t be back next year? Seems obvious he is looking for bigger things. Would be awesome to have another year of him around the program especially with this caliber staff.

Advertisement
Is there any reason to worry Ed won’t be back next year? Seems obvious he is looking for bigger things. Would be awesome to have another year of him around the program especially with this caliber staff.
If that's our worry, we're worried about the wrong thing. And I hope he's back. But we need a HC who can run this team. If it's about Ed, just fire Manny.

Advertisement
Patke hasn't done anything since he arrived. Lou and Borregales were boomin prior to arriving. And we're still waiting for a return of some sort.
you could probably say that PR and KR got worse with the fumbles. kick coverage and punt coverage were decent.

I ask this with genuine curiosity, not as a **** on Rumph question. If he hates recruiting, what is his role going to be now that he is in the recruiting department? Is it identifying talent or breaking down film? Will they actually listen to his thoughts if that’s what he is doing?

according to what manny exactly said, to explain to recruits and their families when the come on campus the U's history and the school is about. a tour guide, a spokesman for UM's football history.

I just listened to these interviews on YouTube. Couldn't find them on Hurricanesports.com. But I didn't look that hard: https://www.youtube.com/user/CanesAllAccess

Manny made all the right moves this off-season. The one (potentially fatal) exception is to think he could be both HC and DC. I'm glad the media pressed him on this. Manny had a lot of answers, but I'm not sure they were good ones. Stroud + Shoop supporting Manny seems too cute to me. I sure hope Manny's the smartest guy in the room. But I don't see a lot of successful recent examples of a head coach handling the coordinator position.

Beyond that elephant in the room, these new coaches are a massive upgrade. Just listening to them, they are so much more credible than the guys they've replaced. I couldn't be happier! Both T Rob and T Will sound and act like they belong at Miami.

manny also admitted he doesnt know how to handle this and that he is checking with others who are both HC and coordinators to learn how to do it. this is a big f@cking problem for me. he's learning on the job, we know this already, but this concerns me.

Advertisement
manny also admitted he doesnt know how to handle this and that he is checking with others who are both HC and coordinators to learn how to do it. this is a big f@cking problem for me. he's learning on the job, we know this already, but this concerns me.

It’s unnecessary risk and drama. Blake James should have had the backbone to tell Manny he isn’t even ready as a head coach, much less both HC and DC. This is something you do at Temple, show you can do it, then install at Miami. This program is not some 5th grade science project.

Advertisement
It’s unnecessary risk and drama. Blake James should have had the backbone to tell Manny he isn’t even ready as a head coach, much less both HC and DC. This is something you do at Temple, show you can do it, then install at Miami. This program is not some 5th grade science project.
When you have competent ppl on one side you can do this. The offense will be fine with Lashlee, likens, Hickson and a veteran QB. Now if that side was a question mark coming into 21 you’d have a point. Plenty of Offensive coach rather veteran or young do this. It’s not unheard. As long as u have good ppl in place on the other side.

Expecting the jets to win a super bowl is like trying to get a girl with her tubes tied pregnant. It ain’t happening.
Toxic organization they won't win. Dude already took a shot at the Giants. ... amateur hour over there.

1612458384306.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back