NSD Press Conferences: Diaz, Simpson, DVD, TWill and TRob

Super excited about these guys! My only question is if T Will is coaching ILB is he only coaching like 3-4 guys? Why not just make him LB coach?

Advertisement
4 best assistant coach press conferences I can remember. Over at least the last 10 years.

Easy to see why DVD can recruit and why the other 3 are elite recruiters and developers. Simpson, Trob, and Twill all have HC traits (obviously for Simpson considering he was elite at the HS level)
The whole staff has upward trajectory in the future. Haven't been able to say that in a long time

Advertisement
Rumph didn’t like it,matter of fact he hated it. Kids aren’t dumb , they know when somebody is genuine. I’ve heard stories at camps where a kid shows up and most of our staff would be up said kids butt, Rumph would be wandering around like he’d ost his puppy.

Tbh I can’t blame him for not liking it , actually it would be a nightmare job for me. Kissing teens butts 24/7 telling them how awesome they are. But I didn’t choose that job, he did.
Lol exactly. Buts it’s about cultivating a relationship. its Apart of the Job. Probably in honestly the most important part. Gotta bring in dudes. Believe it or not these kids want to be coached and mentored. But u gotta build that trust and bond with them. For some reason that’s not in rumphs tool box..it’s not even abo pampering kids I think thats overblown fan rhetoric.

Advertisement
Super excited about these guys! My only question is if T Will is coaching ILB is he only coaching like 3-4 guys? Why not just make him LB coach?

He is coaching all the traditional LBs. Patke for some reason has the title of OLB coach which is basically striker coach.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Would have been interesting to see a question for TRob about Ed Reed and how he sees that relationship. From what I understand, Banda had no interest in picking his brain in all the years he was here.

Advertisement
Back