Notsince1985

Status
Not open for further replies.
And living in the south for twenty years doesn't make you a southerner.

Can you enlighten me on what makes one a southerner? Thinking about becoming one and I don't want to look silly. Thanks in advance.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Get a room. Or meet in the Blue Lot.

I'd gladly do the latter. I'll even bring my own blue lot to a place of his choosing.

I'd also love to lock this thread because it serves no purpose, but that would lead to him creating another call out thread, calling me out for locking this call out thread.

Ooohhh , scary.

You posted plenty of political commentary (the David Duke thing, the misleading starts), but locked the thread when you didn't like where it was going. I'm not calling you out because of your opinions; everyone is entitled to theirs. I am criticizing your heavy handed moderating. If you didn't like the way the conversation was going, move it to a different board.

I also find it amusing that you have to resort to name calling and empty threats. I do actually park in the blue lot, so I'm always there.

126 posts since 2011, and he comes out of the woodwork for this bull crap??? I guess he really does think maturity is overrated.

I'd gladly do the latter. I'll even bring my own blue lot to a place of his choosing.

I'd also love to lock this thread because it serves no purpose, but that would lead to him creating another call out thread, calling me out for locking this call out thread.

Ooohhh , scary.

You posted plenty of political commentary (the David Duke thing, the misleading starts), but locked the thread when you didn't like where it was going. I'm not calling you out because of your opinions; everyone is entitled to theirs. I am criticizing your heavy handed moderating. If you didn't like the way the conversation was going, move it to a different board.

I also find it amusing that you have to resort to name calling and empty threats. I do actually park in the blue lot, so I'm always there.

+1 for bout dat lyfe

Advertisement
126 posts since 2011, and he comes out of the woodwork for this bull crap??? I guess he really does think maturity is overrated.

Hmmm... You equate validity with number of post counts. If you disagree with what I say, fine. If you are just trying to negate it with a nonsensical argument, not so much. Most of the time I just read the boards to maybe learn something about the canes I might not have heard, and who had the time for thousands of posts?

Please, if you want to speak with the adults, at least have a valid opinion.

Advertisement

Hmmm... You equate validity with number of post counts. If you disagree with what I say, fine. If you are just trying to negate it with a nonsensical argument, not so much. Most of the time I just read the boards to maybe learn something about the canes I might not have heard, and who had the time for thousands of posts?

You really aren't acting like an adult. That's a my quite valid opinion. Like I said. You really do seem to think maturity is overrated. BTW, I never said there was a thing wrong with not posting. Didn't assign any credit or discredit based off that. Just kind of silly that you'd come out of hiding for a call-out thread of all things. I quite accurately brought your own self-assessment to bear on that. NS85 was right to lock that thread. That discussion had degenerated.

Ooohhh , scary.

+1 for bout dat lyfe

LOL

Advertisement

You really aren't acting like an adult. That's a my quite valid opinion. Like I said. You really do seem to think maturity is overrated. BTW, I never said there was a thing wrong with not posting. Didn't assign any credit or discredit based off that. Just kind of silly that you'd come out of hiding for a call-out thread of all things. I quite accurately brought your own self-assessment to bear on that. NS85 was right to lock that thread. That discussion had degenerated.

Thanks for the non-sequitur.

If you take the time to read the racism thread, you would see that ns85 was participating as a poster, not a moderator, and was adding fuel to the fire. I do find it hypocritical to lob a couple of grenades into the conversation and then lock it when it "gets out of hand". We have all lived through excessive moderation (the lounge) and would prefer to not see it happen again.

I do find maturity overrated. Probably a job hazard.

After learning where 1985 is from I think he is an alight guy

Advertisement
Did you seriously respond to a thread about racism (Alabama and Racism) saying that southerners are ignorant and then lock it?

That is cowardice at its finest.

You idiot. I've lived in the South for the last 20 years. I didn't call Southerners ignorant. Go re-read the post. Man, you're looking ignorant here. I'm not a Northerner. I've lived in the South as long as I've lived out of it, and the out of it was in Miami, which while not the South, isn't the North either.

I didn't lock the thread for that, I locked the thread because of all the other dumbass comments. You misread or misinterpreted what I was saying, which was not a knock on the South at all, but nice try. I was saying everyone in the thread that was fighting was making ignorant for missing each others points and making generalizations based on political beliefs and basically turning the thread into a political debate which belongs on the WEZ, not here. The thread was getting locked either way, with or without my comment, which, again was not a knock on anyone's political beliefs or regional affiliation. I said it was not a debate between liberals and conservatives, which it should not be, there are racists who are both liberal and conservative and racists who are both Northern and Southern. My point was the ignorance being displayed in this thread.

Not my fault if you didn't get it, and are so soft shouldered that you have to start a "call out thread" like a little 12 year old girl who was made fun of in the cafeteria.

Wow. Shouldn't you ban yourself for personal attacks?

I realize you're a moderator and can do whatever you want, but your behavior is sorely lacking. First you post BS about the Southern Poverty Law Center stating that there are more per-capita hate crimes in the south than the north, and when I point out that the FBI statistics show the opposite, you reply with a weak "oh, it must not have been per capita". You were perfectly happy if you were making the "dumbass" comments and missing other peoples points, but when you were called on it you became petulant and locked the thread.

If you are going to be an internet tough-guy, at least stand and take it.

If everyone was banned for personal attacks there would be no site. Next, I didn't post any BS, I posted actual stats. When you pointed out they weren't per capita, I acknowledged I made a mistake, something you can't seem to do. Third, I didn't make any dumbass comments, but plenty of people did in turning that thread political, and taking somewhere it didn't need to be on this board, for which it was locked. Next, pot and kettle, mr. internet tough guy. Lastly, I never said I was a Southerner. I said I've lived in the South for 20 years, but you've already proven you can't read or comprehend, since you missed the entire point of my post in the other thread. I'm not a Northerner, I have more affinity for the South than the North. I don't think the South is just full of racists like many do, but if you want to keep making generalizations about something you know nothing about (which is what many where doing in that thread...ON BOTH SIDES), be my guest, I seriously don't give a ****.

And, by the way, call out threads are ******* dumb as ****. And, do you know what's even more dumb? When you call someone an internet tough guy in a call out thread. You're a being a tad hypocritical.

wow what have i missed?

i so want to lock this thread just to **** some of you off . . . but i won't. go ahead and enjoy your internet misery!

I am just glad you guys are blaming SF anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back