Notre Dame Staff overhaul

I know what he said. I remember reading something where, at a minimum, there was an inference of money not being the issue. There are so many Richt suck threads now, I can't remember which one. I didn't take the statement as gospel. If i were coming down for Thanksgiving I might be able to get a good idea of higher level BOT thinking but I won't be there this year.

You will be missed:subdued:

Advertisement
As much as I don't like Brian Kelly as a person, he is a really good coach. I'd kill to have a coach like Brian Kelly at Miami.

Not with that soft 3-4 defensive scheme, we dont need anymore dumb geniuses running around greentree again.

Its exactly what needs to happen. We beat the breaks off of them. And in one year they’re a playoff contender despite losing draft picks and graduation. It’s not like a bunch of freshmen came in and are lighting it up. They even changed qb’s!!!

I despise Notre Dame. They're right up there with the gayturds for me. Being independent with recent limited ties to the ACC, they have to protect their football brand at all costs. With their own TV contract and a huge alumni base, they've got the bucks to do so.

Whether or not Kelly made all those changes on his own or was given an ultimatum to make changes or else, I've not read anything one way or the other. Whatever the situation was, got to give them props for making the necessary changes to improve the team. The results speak for themselves.

We can only hope to see those kinds of changes in the coming months at the U.

Advertisement
A real AD wouldn't even contemplate it.

If you are an AD and its to the point where you have to tell the HC, "changes or else", you as the AD have lost the ball.

A HC is hired to put the right staff into place. If they don't, then the answer is clear--the problem isn't the staff, it's the HC.

Blake and the BOT need to move on from Richt. If they are unwilling, THEY are the root cause of Miami's woes.

They own it at this point. All of them.

Isn't what happened at ND a strong counterpoint? Because that's exactly what happened in South Bend, and they've had back-to-back 10 win seasons after it occurred.

Advertisement
Not with that soft 3-4 defensive scheme, we dont need anymore dumb geniuses running around greentree again.

They stopped running the 3-4 after Bob Diaco took the UConn job (I think it was in 2013). They run an aggressive 4-3 with Elko (who left for A&M after one year) and now the guy who coached LBs for Elko and replaced him as DC.

Isn't what happened at ND a strong counterpoint? Because that's exactly what happened in South Bend, and they've had back-to-back 10 win seasons after it occurred.

Did the AD demand changes or did Kelly make them on his own?

Two VERY DIFFERENT pressure points for the decision.

In my opinion, Miami needs to ditch James and hire Moglia away from Coastal Carolina.

Before you laugh, you should thoroughly understand who Moglia is and what he has accomplished.

Man is a killer.
I agree on hiring him away from Coastal Carolina. He would really fit well into the culture at Miami and has the balls big enough to make the necessary changes to get us back on track. And that’s both football and baseball.

Advertisement
Please provide the posts stating this above.

Read anything Rightsaid Fred says and that’s what he will say. According to him UM has as much money as any of the top dogs. That’s what he does for a living, well that’s what his certificate says.

If you think Miami doesn't you're ignorant or have an agenda.
To date Miami does not get top assistants, to get top assistants you have to pay them, and as much as facilities have improved still a
far cry from those at the top. In the words of Rod Tidwell - "Show me the money"

I agree on hiring him away from Coastal Carolina. He would really fit well into the culture at Miami and has the balls big enough to make the necessary changes to get us back on track. And that’s both football and baseball.

Absolutely.

Bonus: I believe he's worth $500MM - $1B+. He doesn't NEED the job and would be free to have free unvarnished conversations with all staff and BOT.

Advertisement
Did the AD demand changes or did Kelly make them on his own?

Two VERY DIFFERENT pressure points for the decision.

From everything I’ve read on the issue, Kelly knew that changes were necessary but Swarbrick was the driving force behind things that might not have happened otherwise.

For an example, the S&C coach was Kelly’s best friend. Kelly wouldn’t have moved on from him without ND’s AD insisting that be the case. Swarbrick also made Kelly hire an OC - Kelly had called plays for his entire tenure up to that point.

Last edited:
To date Miami does not get top assistants, to get top assistants you have to pay them, and as much as facilities have improved still a
far cry from those at the top. In the words of Rod Tidwell - "Show me the money"

Your point?

I'm talking about the INSTITUTION not the TEAM.

Advertisement
Back