Notre Dame Staff overhaul

The thing is people up top at ND want to win at all costs, difference big time difference. There recruiting budget is long too they go out nationally while we cant even recruit well in state let alone OOS.

Advertisement
The prior poster said "unlimited funds". I want to see who said that.
I know what he said. I remember reading something where, at a minimum, there was an inference of money not being the issue. There are so many Richt suck threads now, I can't remember which one. I didn't take the statement as gospel. If i were coming down for Thanksgiving I might be able to get a good idea of higher level BOT thinking but I won't be there this year.

Last edited:
The other day someone, I dont remember who, was saying something along the lines of money's not the issue. Short of Richt pulling an Urban or McEltooth move, unfortunately I think money matters.

Aside from that, James would have to admit to 2 colossal mistakes: hiring Richt and even worse to me, doubling down and extending him for no reason when he did.

Sometimes I think they give these extensions just to have an excuse to not fire the losers they pick to start with. They hate hiring new coaches. It is work and they don’t like it. Didn’t the even give Randy and extension? They yanked JJ’s and Butch’s chains about extensions by love giving them out to losers.

The thing is people up top at ND want to win at all costs, difference big time difference. There recruiting budget is long too they go out nationally while we cant even recruit well in state let alone OOS.
ND is actually a role model for the path I wish we could have followed but we are not remotely in their position. They are fairly unique being independent and having their tv contract. They are bigger with a huge network of alumns and donors with more money behind their programs. Their academics are excellent and football's such a big part of their history too. I'm sure that they have the Catholic church behind them as well, which is huge. And yeah...they care more.

Advertisement
I know what he said. I remember reading something where, at a minimum, there was an inference of money not being the issue. There are so many Richt suck threads now. I can't remember which one. I didn't take the statement as gospel. If i were coming down for Thanksgiving I might be able to get a good idea of higher level BOT thinking but I won't be there this year.

Don’t know any BOT any longer but I am willing to bet it is something like: “Oh crap those frigging peasant fans are going to start flying those frigging planes again. Them and thier stupid winning. They have thier football team what more do they want. When will they ever just sit down and shut up. Don’t they remember how horrible it was when THAT team always won? Anyone hated us. All my buddies stop talking to me and would not invite me to parties.” Or something alone those lines. Howard got hired as a last gasp effort, mostly because on one board member. These rest would have been fine just cutting football. We were independent and it made no money. They are not planning on firing Mark.

I know what he said. I remember reading something where, at a minimum, there was an inference of money not being the issue. There are so many Richt suck threads now, I can't remember which one. I didn't take the statement as gospel. If i were coming down for Thanksgiving I might be able to get a good idea of higher level BOT thinking but I won't be there this year.

Money isn't the issue, it is incompetence.

Advertisement
Recruiting isn’t the issue when you can’t beat Virginia and Duke . We need COACHES period . Yal clearly haven’t learned from hiring “ace” recruiters with questionable coaching skills

Recruiting isn’t the issue when you can’t beat Virginia and Duke . We need COACHES period . Yal clearly haven’t learned from hiring “ace” recruiters with questionable coaching skills
When have we hired an ace recruiter because I havent seen him yet that a flat out lie...........do we have enough to beat those team u mentioned yes. But when you are throwing 3 and 4 stars up front and hoping u hit on a stud u might as well have the same roster as those squads because everything starts up front. When u miss plan A's your fuqed.

Lol. Mork was living off Golden's recruits???
Yea like they said Kirby was using Mork croots.....LULZ

and as most predicted here (most with brains) UGA is still doing well because all u have to do (its not rocket science) just look at there recruiting class...................of course they were going to do well.

Advertisement
Richt has to much job security to do this. Bryan Kelly was this many fires away from being fired himself.

Advertisement
That 4-8 ND team that needed a major overhaul still beat Richt.

It's ironic that people who thought Richt was hamstrung at Georgia by the administration forcing him to make changes, now want the Miami administration to force Richt to make changes.

I'm willing to bet Richt and his agent have Blake and the school by the balls. I bet they granted him all kinds of concessions, including final say on all personnel decisions.
Don't know for certain but I would be surprised if he didn't have that barring some possible ethical/character exception.

Advertisement
Back