Notre Dame @ Pitt -- 3:30 Saturday

Common opponent point differential with the Catholics is in our favor. We beat loserville by more and we beat fspoo by more

Advertisement
It's kind of the same as the old days. Hope we win and hope everyone between us and the number one spot loses.

Unless it's ND or UF, then I hope they lose every week.

Whatever helps our Canes...and Clempson beating up on ND helps us...

You ain't old school...Old school says never leave it in the hands of the refs, conference officials, pollsters, or other teams. Remember, it is us against the world. We take care of business the rest of the way we will be fine. ND ain't gonna beat everyone on their schedule. and there is no way they are beating Clemmie (the darling of the ACC)

i'm thinking that if pickett plays, then then PItt has a good chance against the "fighting kidfu*kers."

i also think the pedophiles will lose to Clemson, and have their hands full with UNC. my guess? they go 1-2 in those three games

Advertisement
Who is playing QB for the Panther... ND laid an egg last week so they will probably come
Out and throttle Pitt basically because I hate ND and we can’t have good things.

yup, we are all lumped in one group...2 best records go to the acc championship...not sure what the tiebreaker is if there are more than 3 teams with the same record.

There are separate tiebreakers for a 2-team tie and a 3-or-more team tie.

From a practical Miami-oriented standpoint, we probably stand the highest probability of finishing in a 2-way tie with ND (Miami plays only lower-ranked teams the rest of the way, and Notre Dame only faces one higher-ranked team, Clemson).

If that happens, a third-party ranking system will pick the "higher ranked" team between Miami and Notre Dame.

Lots of interesting angles here. I'd be very curious to see if ND could play Clemson close one (or two) times. You'd have to imagine that if Clemson wrecks ND not just once, but TWICE in the same season, then the ND faithful are going to find lots of alternative "reasons" not to join a conference anytime soon.

I'll be interested to see how badly Clemson beats ND. If that whole "we got up for Miami more because they were a #7 team talking about how they were 'back' and all" motivation is true, then Clemson should be EVEN MORE motivated to beat a #3 Notre Dame that yaps about how they should always be in the mix even though they don't play a conference schedule.

Ideally, I'd love to see ND lose by more than 30, and then either Miami keeps it close in the ACC-CG, or else ND loses to Clemson BY EVEN MORE in the second game, and Miami cruises to a nice bowl game with only 1 loss.

Advertisement
it wouldn’t surprise me if the Independent Indiana Team lost to Pitt, GT, Clemson, BC and UNC. There is no way they should be ranked 3rd. BC and GT (and NCST*, who I believe will pick off UNC this week) are tougher outs than they’re getting credit for, too.

*forgot Leary broke his leg.

We need to find a way to leap frog ND if we want another crack at Clemson in the title game. If we finish with the same record I am assuming the higher rank team will get the nod.
This. The ACC wants ND in that title game. . We sh*t the bed I Needed Clemson, so we didn’t help ourselves at all.

Advertisement
I can't see Pitt even keeping this game close. Nd has a big o line that actually blocks in the run game. They will move Pitts D line much more often than we did. Pitt doesn't have the offense to win this game even tho ND is some what one dimensional. Most on the board would take Ian Book over King right now.

Not to get into the tiebreaker stuff and scenario discussions.....there's a long way to go for that.

But a really simple way to put it is, only lose 1 conference game (we already did to Clemson, obviously) and have everyone else lose 2 or more.

Right now:

Notre Dame has 0, hence why I started the thread. They'll lose to Clemson, just need them to lose this weekend or to UNC
Every other team that has 1 loss, we still play. UNC, NC State, VT.

Let's go Pitt!!!
Doesn’t tie breaker go to highest ranked team? Miami wins out ND loses to Clemson they will drop below Miami in rankings.

Pitt's D will keep them in the game, but if L'ville's offense couldn't muster much against ND, that doesn't bode well for Pitt.

Either way, I'm a BIG Pitt fan this coming Saturday
Louisville's offense didn't do much against Pitt either so that doesn't mean a whole lot. If Pitt gets Kenny Pickett back they have a chance. If they had Pickett against us the game would've been a lot closer.

Advertisement
You could be right about ND being over rated. Reality though is UNC lost to Clemson by one point last year. Did not make Clemson a bad team. Comparing scores does not mean a whole a lot. Teams do have off weeks. Louisville is not scaring anybody and it looks like ND took the week off. A ND loss would be sweet for Miami. Pitt did not impress me so I do not see it.
Gotta remember we played against the backup qb. If Pickett is back for ND it'll be a game.

Yeah, but the pollsters remain impressed.

Not really. They just remain undefeated and others keep losing.

Irish were an understandable #10 in the preseason poll (including Big Ten and Pac-12 teams.)

Oklahoma, LSU and Florida were all ahead of them and have lost.

Penn State, Ohio State and Oregon were also ahead of them, but were pulled from future polls as they weren't playing ball.

Notre Dame has Clemson on November 7th. Their run in the Top 5 will be short-lived.

****, if Pickett plays this weekend, Pitt could beat them.

At Boston College and at North Carolina in November, too.

They will lose at least one game this regular season, if not 2-3.

The way some on this board talk about Pickett he’s a heisman front runner and the next Peyton Manning.

ND better hope he doesn’t play. So they can get a lucky W.

Advertisement
Back