Notre Dame Makes “Golden” Hire at DC

Advertisement
Advertisement
Two things: 1. It still boggles the mind we've had fans complaining about Steele, considering this hire, Mizzou, etc. Even without the comps, it's a **** good hire. 2. Dude's just there to run the HC's defense. I think. If not…LOL

Norte **** is not a rival man.

Who care who al is coaching

Miami has its **** together finally

Kumbaya fellas
I wish Al success, like I wish my exes well. Why? Because I upgraded, so why would I be bitter.. Al failed here, because of his own misguided loyalty. However, he did some good things and we got something out of it. Him finding success at ND doesn't hurt us in any way, and I can't wait for Mario and his staff to ****house him the next time the canes and Irish meet.

Advertisement
That was his “field too far from the locker room,” moment.

Oh He had more moments than that, how about telling the team to "not too rise to the occasion" before a Nationally televised Thursday night game...and we actually had some fans defending that **** LOL.

Good for him.. He's not calling the shots so no pressure in that regard... Just concentrate on the Defense and hopefully for his sake learn from past mistakes ( D'Ono)...

Advertisement
Oh, and not sure why I forgot about this, but how he treated Malcolm Lewis when he broke his leg

bcmgv.jpg
This one right here bruh,.. great effing call.

“Al Golden doesn’t have a massive ego, so he’ll be able to work well with Marcus. I think that’s a big key,” said longtime recruiting analyst Tom Lemming

Golden was 32-26 overall at Miami and 17-18 in the ACC.

“He’s a much better coach than that record showed,” Lemming said. “He inherited all kinds of NCAA sanctions at Miami, and the high school coaches in Miami-Dade County never warmed up to him. That was a tough combination to overcome.”

Advertisement
This.

Freeman wasn’t willing to hire anyone not interested in keeping his defense and terminology as the base. He didn’t want to start all over every time he changes DC.

So, this is almost a no lose position for Golden. Do well, get the credit. Don’t do well, Freeman gets the blame.

Somewhat correct.

The defense looks bad, it will 100 percent be on Golden. We should all know this, we've seen it here.

Golden (Baker) wasn't calling the game right. That wasn't Freeman's (Manny's) defense, it was Golden (Baker). See how the defense looked in the second half, Freeman (Manny) took over play calling from Golden (Baker).

He'll most certainly be the fall guy if things go south.

See this would be a fine example of how White coaches get jobs even after failing miserably, except this N hired him and phucked up my chance for a racial injustice comment. Before alabaga, nd was the team I hated most. Now they dead even :LOL:

Advertisement
Back