Notre Dame Makes “Golden” Hire at DC

Advertisement
The question will be does he bring along his buddy to corch the secondary? With or Without him they'll have a very good front 7. With him they'll have a horrible back end, without him the jury will be out to how they run. But everyone thinking alfraud is a accurate reflection of what we saw here will probably be disappointed. His issues with us all related to what we asked out of him as a head corch. He was loyal to corches who deserved far less and threw kids under the bus as a direct result of those relationships. He had zero clue how to delegate authority & those things lead to his downfall and ours. But now as a DC his role is very defined. You take away all the extra things spinning through his head. Might be tough.
With all the sh*t talking and text memes I sent to my ND friend today (like 7 of these as my retort to his every text response) I hope to **** you are so fvking wrong because otherwise, I will never hear the end of it….. 😂😂
Cracking Up Lol GIF by NBA on TNT

Advertisement
So now 2 ex Miami hc are dcs at top programs
I guess it’s true when they say one man’s trash is another man’s treasure

Advertisement
Don't let those numbers fool you, Golden's D was swiss cheese, Gore had a field day vs UVA in 04':

BTW, UVA's D was even better under Mike London.

In 2006, London was named by Virginia coach Al Groh as the team's new DC to replace Al Golden. Virginia's defense under London was much more aggressive than it was under Golden. Allowing just 289.5 yards per game, the Virginia defense under London gave up fewer yards than any Virginia defense had in the past 27 years. London developed first year defensive end Jeffrey Fitzgerald, who by the end of the season had more tackles than any other freshman in the country.

The next year his defense was perhaps even better given the scope of the UVA football program. A highlight of this season was when Virginia was scheduled to play the Miami Hurricanes in the last game ever in the legendary Miami Orange Bowl. The Virginia defense, under the supervision of London, dominated the 'Canes and Virginia won, 48–0. It was Miami's worst loss at the Orange Bowl in their 70 years of playing there. The Cavaliers finished the season ranked 6th in the nation in sacks with 40, and allowed the 19th-fewest rushing yards (106.7 yds/game) and the 16th-fewest points against (19.7/game) on the way to a 9-win season and a narrow loss to Texas Tech and Heisman Trophy candidate Michael Crabtree in the Gator Bowl. At the end of the season, lineman Chris Long won the Ted Hendricks Award and was drafted 2nd overall in the 2008 NFL Draft.

Well in fairness; Gore was pretty special & had he not been injured, imo, in the discussion of greatest Hurricane RB while at The U.

Could have let bygones be bygones, but now he is a Domer. Unforgivable
Manny to pedo state. Meh, whatever.
Banda to USU. Meh, whatever.
Patke to IW. Really whatever.

If Golden had gone anywhere else besides the gaytor or semenholes, it would have barely got a mention here. I get it. When opportunity knocks, one has to open the door. But going to the Domers is unforgivable.

Advertisement
I wish him well. I think he's a **** good coach, a good recruiter, and a good man. We all know if Manny was his DC (maybe anyone but NoD)he'd probably still be the head coach today and probably have an ACC ring.

I'm sure he's learned much since being here and will do well in South Bend. He has paid his dues several times over and there is no reason to hold a grudge against him. I wouldn't be surprised to find him a formidable HC in there next 5 years at a power 5 school.

Can't wait to see who sucks worse - Baker at Mizzou, Manny at Pedo State, or Golden with the Domers.

@PIPO

Advertisement
I hated that man's time here more than most but for reasons very different from what most came across. Everyone says no d was just running alfrauds system but it's not true. Just look at alfrauds time at UVA when he ran the defense and you'll see the difference. It was in the secondary where no d sabotaged us. He just had a different approach from everything Miami football was about. So while you hear all these fans on here screaming our biggest problem is we make all these in house hires, maybe our biggest problem was we went away from that... Miami football is a different brand. You either breathe it and embrace the hatred or you run from it and deal with the **** that comes behind those actions. Miami football doesn't mean people that come exclusively from some part of our tree. It means people that embrace that mindset that made us dominate the landscape. We are trendsetters, not sheep. Simple like that.
This was made evident in the infamous Colby Reeder roundtable video...

Advertisement
Back