Notre Dame game thoughts

Advertisement
Question for the board: If the Miami D line is loaded with future NFL talent, why have the games (before VT) been so close and in doubt till the end? would seem like you should be blowing teams out.

The games have been close because Malik Rosier is the most up and down QB you will face. Dude will go from straight garbage to elite/clutch between drives, especially early in the year. This is his first year starting, and while he's definitely had bad games/halfs, he's been very clutch when it counts. However the games have never been in doubt. Maybe to you/others who just look at the box score and team stats on ESPN. But if you actually watch the games, we've been pretty dominant, especially on defense.

1st in TFLS/game, 5th in Sacks/game, 3rd in Takeaways/game, 3rd in Defensive Passing Efficiency, Top15 in Yards allowed per play, Top15 in Scoring Defense.

And people look at the stats from our Run Defense and think we aren't good, but that is just plain stupid. We play an extremely aggressive scheme, and because of that scheme we have the rankings I listed above. But a downside to that scheme is we give up a couple big plays per game. When you stunt and blitz as much as we do it gives the offense a chance to get big yardage if they can get past the 1st level of defenders. Plus we've only allowed 4 rushing Touchdowns all year. So while we've given up some big runs, we haven't exactly given up big touchdowns.

Vs GTech we held them to 220yards rushing, which was basically half their Rushing Yard per game average vs P5 opponents. But even more than that they got 55% of their yards on 6 carries. The other 47 carries they had we held them to 2.12ypc. And after halftime our defense held them to just 3 points and only 96 total yards on 31 total plays (3.09 ypp) HALF of which came on one **** pass play. So after halftime we gave up one 48 yard pass, then held them to 3 points and only 48 yards on 30 plays (1.6 ypp). Thats pretty ****ing great defense.

Vs FSU it was the same story, they gained 54% of their rushing yards on 3 ****ing plays. The rest of their 40 carries we held them to 2.33ypc.

Vs Syracuse its a similar story, but our game plan going in was 100% to take away their passing game, which we completely did. We knew we'd give up some rushing yards but just didn't care because we held them to 135 passing yards on 42 attempts. As for the running game they got 50% of their rushing yards on 5 plays. The other 46 rushing attempts they had we held them to 2.87ypc.

So this is why I expect Notre Dame to rush for 100 yards on us. I don't think we will hold you guys to 58 yards or whatever it is UGA held yall to. But I expect us to get a lot of good defensive plays vs you, as we have all year. And I'm really looking forward to the matchup of Quenton Nelson vs Rj McIntosh and Mike McGlinchey vs Joe Jackson.

Should be fun. If you make a run coverage mistake against Josh Adams, he will take it to the house. Elite speed

yeah I guess FSU doesn't have any elite speed. Okay.

Guess we'll see what happens on Saturday. Point is people have been disrespecting our defense and they don't know ****.
All we're going to do all game is load the box and dare Wimbush to throw it on us. Only guy yall can throw deep to is ESB. And half the throws are to your RB in the flat/screen/wheel.

Looking at advanced metrics ND is and should be favorites. TOs can be difference maker but all things being equal ND wins this gm Confortably they are the superior team. 38-20

Looking at advanced metrics, Brian Kelly should be in jail and ND should be shut down for murder.

You clearly didn't take law at Miami. It's called manslaughter. I wasn't happy about it either and was calling for his job after the tragic event.

You clearly can't read. I wrote murder because I mean murder.

Are you still calling for his job, or are you now okay with "manslaughter" because he's winning some games?

I don't care about smashing the team for the way play, wins, losses, ect. But this is the crap that ****es me off. You, as most, have no idea the facts of the situations of the rape and that poor kids death. It wasn't murder or manslaughter. It was a terrible accident. And there was zero proof of the rape from a very mentally ill girl. You read one ***n story and think that is the facts. Let me ask you this, if kelly murdered that boy, why did the parents never point at the university or the football team? **** they attended the national championship game to honor their kid! If they really believed it was murder then why would they go? You think the university paid them off to keep quite, you think any amount of money would do? replace their kid? If they are ok with it, then who **** are you to call kelly a murderer?

He put the kid on a tower in high winds.

The kid died.

Pretty simple Domer.

Spinning facts like a good Catholic Priest to squirm away from reality ehh? Institution delusion at work folks.

Question for the board: If the Miami D line is loaded with future NFL talent, why have the games (before VT) been so close and in doubt till the end? would seem like you should be blowing teams out.

Long story short; our offense, Rosier specifically, is extremely inconsistent and has trouble finishing drives in the redzone. That allows inferior teams to keep the game in hand.

Our defense repeatedly steps up when we need a stop or turnover.

Advertisement
Slobbering Lou talking about morals in sports is the irony of ironies.

There was so much stuff going on in those days, holtz was no different, you just know more about it because its ND.

It's still going on....

See the payoffs for cameraman death(s) [certainly isn't out of the realm of possibility Kelly throws another young guy up there in tropical storm force winds for football coverage] and football player rapes.

Lou Holtz is typically not thought of as a dirty coach, but has left every program he coached at just before they were hit with NCAA probation. NC State, Minnesota, Arkansas, Notre Dame, and South Carolina were all found to have violated NCAA rules while under the leadership of Holtz.

Holtz was also overseeing the Notre Dame Football team when they were caught distributing steroids in the locker room during the late 80’s and early 90’s. The NCAA allowed the Irish to handle the matter internally, but there is no way Holtz was unaware of all that was going on with his program.

Holtz should go down as one of the most successful coaches in the modern era of football, but should not have a blind eye turned to the legacy he left at each school he coached.

Impossible ND is all that is right with CFB.

**** yeah ND has broken the rules in the past, so did every other university. So if we aren't going to like universities who made mistakes in the past, i guess we will all cheer for D2 schools? So 0 steroids ever entered a miami locker room? ND is not all thats right, but their hands or no dirtier than anyone else. Rocks, glass house, etc.

The country laughs at that argument and says nonsense!!--when it comes from Miami fan. Spare me your bull****.

NDIrish15 is a real piece of work.....

I bet anything this guy throws around the term "Thug" for Miami players in a general sense with ease but literally anything negative about ND he has an excuse for lol.

Clown show

Lou Holtz is typically not thought of as a dirty coach, but has left every program he coached at just before they were hit with NCAA probation. NC State, Minnesota, Arkansas, Notre Dame, and South Carolina were all found to have violated NCAA rules while under the leadership of Holtz.

Holtz was also overseeing the Notre Dame Football team when they were caught distributing steroids in the locker room during the late 80’s and early 90’s. The NCAA allowed the Irish to handle the matter internally, but there is no way Holtz was unaware of all that was going on with his program.

Holtz should go down as one of the most successful coaches in the modern era of football, but should not have a blind eye turned to the legacy he left at each school he coached.

**** yeah ND has broken the rules in the past, so did every other university. So if we aren't going to like universities who made mistakes in the past, i guess we will all cheer for D2 schools? So 0 steroids ever entered a miami locker room? ND is not all thats right, but their hands or no dirtier than anyone else. Rocks, glass house, etc.

The country laughs at that argument and says nonsense!!--when it comes from Miami fan. Spare me your bull****.

the country laughs whenever anyone makes that argument. Stopping acting like maimi is the great big victim. All i have read is how miami isn't treated fairly, everyone hates maimi, we are treated harder. Its not true!

Advertisement

you realize we have a baseball player at quarter back whom as I understand was recruited by zero division 1 teams?
you realize our 3rd string running back choc belongs at a community college? N/m mark walton has been lost for the season
you realize our offensive line has been a joke the majority of snaps this year that couldn't even get a push on toledo?

I'd like to see the irish take al golden as their coach for 5 years and see what the new coach can do with what's left behind

we don't even have a backup tight end for crying out loud

also we seem play down to our opponents. maybe its because we have a young team. but when they are motivated they seem to play at a different level.

I bet anything this guy throws around the term "Thug" for Miami players in a general sense with ease but literally anything negative about ND he has an excuse for lol.

Clown show

nope, and i have plenty negative to say about ND. Its called being realistic about your team.

you realize we have a baseball player at quarter back whom as I understand was recruited by zero division 1 teams?
you realize our 3rd string running back choc belongs at a community college? N/m mark walton has been lost for the season
you realize our offensive line has been a joke the majority of snaps this year that couldn't even get a push on toledo?

I'd like to see the irish take al golden as their coach for 5 years and see what the new coach can do with what's left behind

we don't even have a backup tight end for crying out loud

also we seem play down to our opponents. maybe its because we have a young team. but when they are motivated they seem to play at a different level.

understand that. ND and Miami went through similar paths, terrible coaches for years, recruiting the wrong kids and definitely playing down to your opponents. Been the case until this year.

the country laughs whenever anyone makes that argument. Stopping acting like maimi is the great big victim. All i have read is how miami isn't treated fairly, everyone hates maimi, we are treated harder. Its not true!

You are an idiot.

See the college football playoff rankings as a prime example.

You're right though.....Oklahoma and TCU should be above Miami. No bias at all.....

The list can go on.

Advertisement

Clown show

you wanna say anything bad about ND football, great, ill debate with you all day. Stop using something as terrible as that kids death.

You are an idiot.

See the college football playoff rankings as a prime example.

You're right though.....Oklahoma and TCU should be above Miami. No bias at all.....

The list can go on.

they have played better teams! beat notre dame and you are above them all

Looking at advanced metrics ND is and should be favorites. TOs can be difference maker but all things being equal ND wins this gm Confortably they are the superior team. 38-20

Looking at advanced metrics, Brian Kelly should be in jail and ND should be shut down for murder.

You clearly didn't take law at Miami. It's called manslaughter. I wasn't happy about it either and was calling for his job after the tragic event.

Are you still calling for his job, or are you now okay with "manslaughter" because he's winning some games?

I don't care about smashing the team for the way play, wins, losses, ect. But this is the crap that ****es me off. You, as most, have no idea the facts of the situations of the rape and that poor kids death. It wasn't murder or manslaughter. It was a terrible accident. And there was zero proof of the rape from a very mentally ill girl. You read one ***n story and think that is the facts. Let me ask you this, if kelly murdered that boy, why did the parents never point at the university or the football team? **** they attended the national championship game to honor their kid! If they really believed it was murder then why would they go? You think the university paid them off to keep quite, you think any amount of money would do? replace their kid? If they are ok with it, then who **** are you to call kelly a murderer?

LOL the Lizzy Seeburg stuff always cracks me up. A well known mental patient on every med in the book, a football player kisses her and doesn't call her back, so she kills herself and now apparently ND is covering up rape. The stupidity of other fan bases is endless on this topic.

The irony, however, of ******* MIAMI FANS calling out Notre Dame for having issues has my whole office laughing their asses off right now. I couldn't help but share this with 10-12 other people in my office. They all despise Notre Dame but got a great laugh off of this. Miami is the most corrupt institution on the planet, has been for years. **** even their basketball program is about to get shut down by the FBI, shocking right? God I can't wait to troll the **** out of this board for the next month after Notre Dame skull ***** this chicken **** Miami team. I'd be shocked if the game is within 35. Shocked.

Advertisement

Clown show

you wanna say anything bad about ND football, greats, ill debate with you all day. Stop using something as terrible as that kids death.

It is terrible.

He should have never been up there. Common sense ain't so common. Kelly killed him but it is an "accident".

LOL the Lizzy Seeburg stuff always cracks me up. A well known mental patient on every med in the book, a football player kisses her and doesn't call her back, so she kills herself and now apparently ND is covering up rape. The stupidity of other fan bases is endless on this topic.

The irony, however, of ****ING MIAMI FANS calling out Notre Dame for having issues has my whole office laughing their asses off right now. I couldn't help but share this with 10-12 other people in my office. They all despise Notre Dame but got a great laugh off of this. Miami is the most corrupt institution on the planet, has been for years. **** even their basketball program is about to get shut down by the FBI, shocking right? God I can't wait to troll the **** out of this board for the next month after Notre Dame skull ****s this chicken **** Miami team. I'd be shocked if the game is within 35. Shocked.

566.jpg

The irony, however, of ****ING MIAMI FANS calling out Notre Dame for having issues has my whole office laughing their asses off right now. I couldn't help but share this with 10-12 other people in my office. They all despise Notre Dame but got a great laugh off of this. Miami is the most corrupt institution on the planet, has been for years. **** even their basketball program is about to get shut down by the FBI, shocking right? God I can't wait to troll the **** out of this board for the next month after Notre Dame skull ****s this chicken **** Miami team. I'd be shocked if the game is within 35. Shocked.

Our backetball program is going to get shutdown based on......?.....crickets.....

This guy talking about more than a 35 point ND victory now.

Jesus

Are all these guys bandwagon ND fans or did they actually go to school there? Most of them seem pretty dumb.

Advertisement
Back