Notre Dame game thoughts

These ND trolls are correct. Miami has no shot lets just forfeit the game now and avoid the embarrassment. This ND team is the greatest since the 2001 canes. Lets just engrave there name on the collage football championship trophy tonight.

Advertisement
My thought is anyone planning to bet Miami should probably wait. I would suspect the spread is more likely to go up than down. I certainly wouldn't be in any hurry to grab +3 or even +3.5, which is scattered available.

No inside information on this. I haven't heard how any of the major betting groups plan to play. Just instincts after living in Las Vegas for 25 years. Much more often than not in a situation like this the road favorite is bet up.

That's when there are two consecutive strenuous games and the home team is considered the weaker team in each. Granted, the Canes were bet to favorite last week. That was an extremely unusual major push away from the power ratings gap. But when the home team pulls a so-called surprise in the first game, the team itself and particularly the fan base tend to become overconfident. Then it turns out the first game was the bargain, not the second one.

It's very frequent for those betting groups who won a week earlier on the home team to turn around and oppose the same team a week later. Essentially they have created their own value. The wager and result from a week earlier shove the second week's line into near parity with the number from a week earlier, even though the second opponent is considerably better than last week's opponent. The ruthless betting groups will understand that and play accordingly, while the fans are still in hoopla from the prior result and can't imagine it won't repeat.

Obviously this won't be popular. Who cares? I focus on more often than not. Regardless of this result when the next similar situation arrives I'll apply the same thinking.

Here's the latest line movement from Pinnacle. Someone just bet Miami large at +3.5, wouldn't surprise me to see the line drop back to +3 (and it just did at Bookmaker as I type this, a very good omen).

spread.jpg

If you look at resume alone, you would be a fool not to pick the Irish. However the football season evolves and contains ebbs and flows and as teams get more confident they can improve their play. Miami is improving every week and ND is going to need to shore up some things to play well. I think ND is going to surprise Miami fans. UGA had great success forcing the QB keeper on the read and being able to chase it down after forcing the keep. I don't know that Miami has the same athletes or skill and coaching that UGA does up front, and I hope we are able to self-scout against UGA to guard against issues you face going against a very athletic front.

Miami is going to need to play their best game of the year to beat ND, but ND won't have to play it's best game to win.

Lmaooooo

Lmaoooo

Youre right our guys up front and our coaching up front are significantly better than georgia

I'm not impressed with anyone on their offense. Wimbush is their only real threat (use that word very lightly) as a runner, but our defense will break him by the 4th quarter.

Their defense is another overrated joke like VT.

Miami 28 / ND 13

Gave ND too much credit lol

Advertisement
Back