Notre Dame game thoughts

uggh why i am arguing with an ND fan on another teams board? this is why i get away form ND forums...

Advertisement
im totally going to lose my Miami fan base with that post haha
Here's a serious question for you, NDIrish:

What would you say has fundamentally changed the composition of your team this year versus last to cause the dramatic improvement in record? Adams ran for 94 yards last year with pretty much the same OL. Is Wimbush's added running threat the extra sauce? After all, 2016 ended in a 3-point win for you on your field and was only a un-recovered fumble at the goal-line away from being a tie game.

In reply, I would say that since '16 we have developed significantly better depth along the DL and LB units while our secondary was initially a liability but is rapidly improving. Keep an eye out for someone named Jonathan Garvin; should be a good battle against your tackles. On offense we are more mobile at QB and have an outstanding corps of receivers.

Last edited:
kingwill42 and HaywoodJablowme, you all need to chill. ND has plenty of holes to be exposed. I hope as much as anyone they run em out of the building, but gotta be realistic. ND can win this game, but its not going to be Miami, OH. They got some real players. I think ND will struggle early to settle in and have a surge in the 2nd qtr. Second half is gonna be a battle. 1 score game either way, 10 pt max.

FYI, comin here and talkin a bunch of **** doesn't change the outcome of the game. ND will know what they are after this game.

Not talking **** just amused at some of the uninformative posts..I think ND physicality is underrated and will be difference in gm.. also think Wimbush is gonna be difference running and throwing will make some big plays..

You just gave up 587 yards and 37 points to the 12th best team in the ACC. Physicality? Your front 7 got punched in the mouth repeatedly by one of the worst teams in FBS, missing their best player and without a single blue chip athlete on the team, and you want to talk about physicality and how uninformative the rest of us are?

Good call moron, let's ignore the 7 wins other where ND dominated from start to finish and then cite the garbage time stats from a game that was 41-16 in the 4th quarter in a 39 degree downpour. You sir, are a special kind of stupid.

If the conditions and climate can cause you that much trouble at home, you're in for a real treat Saturday night at The Rock. But please, tell me more about how you dominated UGA. Tell me more about how you needed a 21 point 4th quarter to put Boston College away.

Here come the other ND fans ruining a reasonable and civilized conversation with the original poster. We remained pretty courteous and the thread was good until we got a couple of fat pasty Irish teenagers spewing venom and ruining the thread. Doubt they are coming to the game as they surely would be taken out in the parking lot with that attitude. Sadly this great thread has seen its demise courtesy of the two other morons incapable of following a conversation that had remained quite civil for a thread about opposing fan’s point of view.

What would you say has fundamentally changed the composition of your team this year versus last to cause the dramatic improvement in record? Adams ran for 94 yards last year with pretty much the same OL. Is Wimbush's added running threat the extra sauce? After all, 2016 ended in a 3-point win for you on your field and was only a un-recovered fumble at the goal-line away from being a tie game.

In reply, I would say that since '16 we have developed significantly better depth along the DL and LB units while our secondary was initially a liability but is rapidly improving. Keep an eye out for someone named Jonathan Garvin; should be a good battle against your tackles. On offense we are more mobile at QB and have an outstanding corps of receivers.

i gotta run man, ill give you a response tomorrow.

Thanks,

Advertisement

I am not the Irish fan but first Kelly let go of playcalling and bought in a new oc to update their offense.. but yes wimbush adds a different dimension. Even Coach richt noted his different type of speed. Kid is dynamic and really takes those offense to another level. Yes their oline and rb get deserved credit but when u watch how on the 60+ yrd runs that the qb is pulling defenders and holding them just by being a run threat and their rb runs downhill untouched. That is impressive.

Also in red zone they have scored numerous times with qb draws and power or zone read. Their red zone percentage is dam near 90%. Alot to do with qb plus he has speed to beat people to pylon. I don't know how many times he has done it but he has 10+ touchdowns so far this season. He completely changes their attack and last game looked a little better throwing. Hope we can rattle him some on road and get some hits on him.

Here come the other ND fans ruining a reasonable and civilized conversation with the original poster. We remained pretty courteous and the thread was good until we got a couple of fat pasty Irish teenagers spewing venom and ruining the thread. Doubt they are coming to the game as they surely would be taken out in the parking lot with that attitude. Sadly this great thread has seen its demise courtesy of the two other morons incapable of following a conversation that had remained quite civil for a thread about opposing fan’s point of view.

Speaking for myself I am not sabatoging thread I see a lot of knucklehead Miami posters who are dillusional over there team. Maybe I’m wrong but usually rarely am when it comes to sizing teams up.. didn’t see anything vs VA TECH that suggests Miami is BETTER than ND if ND plays to its capability.

Speaking for myself I am not sabatoging thread I see a lot of knucklehead Miami posters who are dillusional over there team. Maybe I’m wrong but usually rarely am when it comes to sizing teams up.. didn’t see anything vs VA TECH that suggests Miami is BETTER than ND if ND plays to its capability.

"There" team

"Maybe I'm wrong but usually rarely am when it comes to sizing up teams"

We've got our very own in house Paul Finebaum everyone. Please stick around, I look forward to reading more of your quality posts.

Oh, and lest not forget "sabatoging"

I am not the Irish fan but first Kelly let go of playcalling and bought in a new oc to update their offense.. but yes wimbush adds a different dimension. Even Coach richt noted his different type of speed. Kid is dynamic and really takes those offense to another level. Yes their oline and rb get deserved credit but when u watch how on the 60+ yrd runs that the qb is pulling defenders and holding them just by being a run threat and their rb runs downhill untouched. That is impressive.

Also in red zone they have scored numerous times with qb draws and power or zone read. Their red zone percentage is dam near 90%. Alot to do with qb plus he has speed to beat people to pylon. I don't know how many times he has done it but he has 10+ touchdowns so far this season. He completely changes their attack and last game looked a little better throwing. Hope we can rattle him some on road and get some hits on him.

Good post Wimbush has 12 rushing TDs to be exact and missed one gm. If healthy will make run at 20 TDs passing and rushing this year..

Last edited:
Advertisement

Good post Wimbush has 12 rushing TDs to be exact and missed one gm. If healthy will make run at 20 TDs passing and rushing this year..

He won't be healthy after Saturday night. We punish QBs. Thoughts and Prayers for him.

I'm smelling an all world troll job. NDIrish15 comes in with the aw shucks let's talk football cause I can't have reasonable conversations on my own board. Then all of a sudden KingWill42 and HaywoodJayblowme show up. I know it's boring in that ****hole of a state, but get a ******* job. And btw **** Notre Lame, Go Canes!

kingwill42 and HaywoodJablowme, you all need to chill. ND has plenty of holes to be exposed. I hope as much as anyone they run em out of the building, but gotta be realistic. ND can win this game, but its not going to be Miami, OH. They got some real players. I think ND will struggle early to settle in and have a surge in the 2nd qtr. Second half is gonna be a battle. 1 score game either way, 10 pt max.

FYI, comin here and talkin a bunch of **** doesn't change the outcome of the game. ND will know what they are after this game.

Not talking **** just amused at some of the uninformative posts..I think ND physicality is underrated and will be difference in gm.. also think Wimbush is gonna be difference running and throwing will make some big plays..

You just gave up 587 yards and 37 points to the 12th best team in the ACC. Physicality? Your front 7 got punched in the mouth repeatedly by one of the worst teams in FBS, missing their best player and without a single blue chip athlete on the team, and you want to talk about physicality and how uninformative the rest of us are?

To be fair, you guys did give up 428 to north Carolina, which is actually one of the worst teams in the FBS. CBS ranks wake forest at around 35-40 and north carolina is around 100. We gave up 265 and had to play with a back up QB against NC. So there is that. They are probably the 4th worst team in the ACC.

BUT BUT BUT before you hang me, Wake forest did take it to our Defense. Not denying it. they shouldn't have been able to. Not sure if that is an anomaly or truth. We have given up a lot of yards a couple other games, but not like this. I am hoping our defense was just sleeping that day or else Miami will take it to us. There was some chatter that Elko was trying to hard to mix things up since Wake Forest had all his plays (he coached there up to last year). Don't really like that excuse, so until proven different on saturday, im gonna say it was just a let down game for our defense, which has been solid, but not great so far this year.

Either way, these guys are trolls looking to get everyone ****ed off so they can laugh about it.

Dude, this has nothing to do with you. I think you've been met with far more respect and courtesy than an opposing fan in this rivalry has ever been met with, and it has every bit to do with the fact that you're not in here pounding your chest and bragging about being the most dominant and physical team on the planet. You've been honest and realistic, and I still ******* hate you.

Bottom line is you're only as good as the last game you played. After our game against UNC, we gave plenty of reason to doubt that we were a serious contender, and quite a few introspective Canes fans shared that doubt in here. We came back the following week and put many of those doubts to rest against a top #15 team. You have an opportunity to do the same thing on Saturday, and we have an opportunity to end your season and stake our claim among the elites.

But whatever you do, don't discourage your buddy here from talking ****. He's not making you look bad, as nobody here thinks highly of you to begin with. You're an injured mouse being batted around purely for entertainment sake. But he...he is the object of our hate manifested. Him and your QB. The smug way they talk about domination and physicality ******* reeks of the teams of the early 80's crying to the NCAA every year that we just won't play the game they way they want us to, that we use speed to our advantage, and that we just refuse to just line up and get run over. **** that guy and **** your QB. He's put a price on his own head. He's going to see 60 minutes of a relentless legit 2-deep front that's going to kick his *** in shifts, and if all goes to plan he'll watch the final minutes of the game on the training room monitor.

I'll see your physicality and raise you unwavering violence and breathtaking speed.

To be fair, you guys did give up 428 to north Carolina, which is actually one of the worst teams in the FBS. CBS ranks wake forest at around 35-40 and north carolina is around 100. We gave up 265 and had to play with a back up QB against NC. So there is that. They are probably the 4th worst team in the ACC.

BUT BUT BUT before you hang me, Wake forest did take it to our Defense. Not denying it. they shouldn't have been able to. Not sure if that is an anomaly or truth. We have given up a lot of yards a couple other games, but not like this. I am hoping our defense was just sleeping that day or else Miami will take it to us. There was some chatter that Elko was trying to hard to mix things up since Wake Forest had all his plays (he coached there up to last year). Don't really like that excuse, so until proven different on saturday, im gonna say it was just a let down game for our defense, which has been solid, but not great so far this year.

Either way, these guys are trolls looking to get everyone ****ed off so they can laugh about it.

Dude, this has nothing to do with you. I think you've been met with far more respect and courtesy than an opposing fan in this rivalry has ever been met with, and it has every bit to do with the fact that you're not in here pounding your chest and bragging about being the most dominant and physical team on the planet. You've been honest and realistic, and I still ******* hate you.

Bottom line is you're only as good as the last game you played. After our game against UNC, we gave plenty of reason to doubt that we were a serious contender, and quite a few introspective Canes fans shared that doubt in here. We came back the following week and put many of those doubts to rest against a top #15 team. You have an opportunity to do the same thing on Saturday, and we have an opportunity to end your season and stake our claim among the elites.

But whatever you do, don't discourage your buddy here from talking ****. He's not making you look bad, as nobody here thinks highly of you to begin with. You're an injured mouse being batted around purely for entertainment sake. But he...he is the object of our hate manifested. Him and your QB. The smug way they talk about domination and physicality ******* reeks of the teams of the early 80's crying to the NCAA every year that we just won't play the game they way they want us to, that we use speed to our advantage, and that we just refuse to just line up and get run over. **** that guy and **** your QB. He's put a price on his own head. He's going to see 60 minutes of a relentless legit 2-deep front that's going to kick his *** in shifts, and if all goes to plan he'll watch the final minutes of the game on the training room monitor.

I'll see your physicality and raise you unwavering violence and breathtaking speed.

Advertisement
I'm smelling an all world troll job. NDIrish15 comes in with the aw shucks let's talk football cause I can't have reasonable conversations on my own board. Then all of a sudden KingWill42 and HaywoodJayblowme show up. I know it's boring in that ****hole of a state, but get a ****ing job. And btw **** Notre Lame, Go Canes!

Yeah I don’t live in that state but yeah early week friendly trash talk keeps the week moving.. it’s all in good fun.

More racism from a ND fan. How am I not surprised that they think anyone with a hispanic name should have a green card

Wimbush is a dead man walking. I actually feel bad for him. He probably didn’t mean those comments how they came off. You know the old saying though. “If you wanna be dumb you gotta be tough”. No Jersey prep boy is coming into our house & beating us. Book that.

Advertisement
remember last year's game was a 3 point game in South Bend. We had an immobile QB and just learning a new coaching staff's system. It's whole different team this year. Rosier though not as accurate as Kaaya, can keep plays alive and seems to make the throws at the right time.
Our Defense is a whole lot meaner than a year ago, thru 8 games this year we already have 13 INT's vs. just 8 for all last yr, and we've recovered 7 fumbles so far this yr, vs. the 11 we recovered all of last yr.
Last year we couldn't run vs. N.D. but still managed to keep it close and had a shot to win, if we can open up the running game and exploit their weak passing D, it's going to be long night for Notre Dame

remember last year's game was a 3 point game in South Bend. We had an immobile QB and just learning a new coaching staff's system. It's whole different team this year. Rosier though not as accurate as Kaaya, can keep plays alive and seems to make the throws at the right time.
Our Defense is a whole lot meaner than a year ago, thru 8 games this year we already have 13 INT's vs. just 8 for all last yr, and we've recovered 7 fumbles so far this yr, vs. the 11 we recovered all of last yr.
Last year we couldn't run vs. N.D. but still managed to keep it close and had a shot to win, if we can open up the running game and exploit their weak passing D, it's going to be long night for Notre Dame

Only they got better. Nobody else improves except ND.

To all the Hurricane fans on this thread, thank you kindly for the last half hour of laughs. I'm an ND fan and I thought our fanbase was delusional. You'd think Notre Dame was playing at Alabama. Too funny. Miami is at best, the fifth best team ND has played this year. This game will be over at halftime, same as the other 8 wins. I will be back here on Sunday to ridicule you all mercilessly.

Now here's an educated football fan.

"There" team

"Maybe I'm wrong but usually rarely am when it comes to sizing up teams"

We've got our very own in house Paul Finebaum everyone. Please stick around, I look forward to reading more of your quality posts.

Oh, and lest not forget "sabatoging"

This is just hilarious. Wayyy too inbred and incapable of putting ONE sentence together without grammatical errors. You are right about this first class citizen and I hope we don’t lose him and he comes back for more fun.

Original poster I have a good amount of respect for simply bc he was actually pretty articulate and engaged in a sensible manner. Anyhow the bottom line is that all this will be sorted out on the field and parking lot (in the case of this last inbred). We are coming for what we have not had in 15 years and we will go down fighting with every freaking ounce of energy we have that night. If we bring it like I think we can I don’t think ND can withstand 4 quarters of thumping with our boys.

Advertisement
Back