Notre Dame game thoughts

Wimbush is a dead man walking. I actually feel bad for him. He probably didn’t mean those comments how they came off. You know the old saying though. “If you wanna be dumb you gotta be tough”. No Jersey prep boy is coming into our house & beating us. Book that.

Lol, Wimbush played in the BNU conf In HS #1 in America most seasons over last decade. Your misconception of NJ football and how good Wimbush is will come back to bite you sat night.. your talking how bad Miami is gonna beat him up while he is beating your canes up on scoreboard.. 4 TDs by Wimbush sat night 3 pass 1 run..

Advertisement
Here come the other ND fans ruining a reasonable and civilized conversation with the original poster. We remained pretty courteous and the thread was good until we got a couple of fat pasty Irish teenagers spewing venom and ruining the thread. Doubt they are coming to the game as they surely would be taken out in the parking lot with that attitude. Sadly this great thread has seen its demise courtesy of the two other morons incapable of following a conversation that had remained quite civil for a thread about opposing fan’s point of view.

Speaking for myself I am not sabatoging thread I see a lot of knucklehead Miami posters who are dillusional over there team. Maybe I’m wrong but usually rarely am when it comes to sizing teams up.. didn’t see anything vs VA TECH that suggests Miami is BETTER than ND if ND plays to its capability.

jesus_facepalm.jpg

Wimbush is a dead man walking. I actually feel bad for him. He probably didn’t mean those comments how they came off. You know the old saying though. “If you wanna be dumb you gotta be tough”. No Jersey prep boy is coming into our house & beating us. Book that.

Lol, Wimbush played in the BNU conf In HS #1 in America most seasons over last decade. Your misconception of NJ football and how good Wimbush is will come back to bite you sat night.. your talking how bad Miami is gonna beat him up while he is beating your canes up on scoreboard.. 4 TDs by Wimbush sat night 3 pass 1 run..

I’m from PA. I have a clear understanding of NJ football. Nothing near PA. Nothing near FL. Laughingly not close. Also we’re BY FAR the best defense he’s seen this year in BY FAR the most hostile environment he’s ever seen. 10 NFL players on D before you argue Georgia has a better D.

Last edited:

Winbush has 11 passing tds all season but yet he will get 3 vs miami who has only given up 8 passing tds and 4rushing tds?...

Advertisement

Winbush has 11 passing tds all season but yet he will get 3 vs miami who has only given up 8 passing tds and 4rushing tds?...

******* clowns.

Here come the other ND fans ruining a reasonable and civilized conversation with the original poster. We remained pretty courteous and the thread was good until we got a couple of fat pasty Irish teenagers spewing venom and ruining the thread. Doubt they are coming to the game as they surely would be taken out in the parking lot with that attitude. Sadly this great thread has seen its demise courtesy of the two other morons incapable of following a conversation that had remained quite civil for a thread about opposing fan’s point of view.

Speaking for myself I am not sabatoging thread I see a lot of knucklehead Miami posters who are dillusional over there team. Maybe I’m wrong but usually rarely am when it comes to sizing teams up.. didn’t see anything vs VA TECH that suggests Miami is BETTER than ND if ND plays to its capability.

^^^^^^^^^^^

Can someone please make this quote a game day sign? “ Sabatoging, dillusional, there team, “- then mom came and took away his computer. I am praying he gets it back tomorrow bc I cannot stop laughing.

I’m from PA. I have a clear understanding of NJ football. Nothing near PA. Nothing near FL. Laughingly not close. Also we’re BY FAR the best defense he’s seen this year in BY FAR the most hostile environment he’s ever seen. 10 NFL players on D before you argue Georgia has a better D.

If you understood nj football than you know the conf Wimbush played in the big north United is top notch and better than anything in PA..in fact st Joes Prep is only team in PA that can play with top 6-7 teams in that conf..

Yes..

Advertisement

If you understood nj football than you know the conf Wimbush played in the big north United is top notch and better than anything in PA..in fact st Joes Prep is only team in PA that can play with top 6-7 teams in that conf..

WPIAL >

Its their choice to be knuckleheads or not, its their **** board

remember last year's game was a 3 point game in South Bend. We had an immobile QB and just learning a new coaching staff's system. It's whole different team this year. Rosier though not as accurate as Kaaya, can keep plays alive and seems to make the throws at the right time.
Our Defense is a whole lot meaner than a year ago, thru 8 games this year we already have 13 INT's vs. just 8 for all last yr, and we've recovered 7 fumbles so far this yr, vs. the 11 we recovered all of last yr.
Last year we couldn't run vs. N.D. but still managed to keep it close and had a shot to win, if we can open up the running game and exploit their weak passing D, it's going to be long night for Notre Dame

Both teams are drastically better than a year ago, they look nothing like they did.

"There" team

"Maybe I'm wrong but usually rarely am when it comes to sizing up teams"

We've got our very own in house Paul Finebaum everyone. Please stick around, I look forward to reading more of your quality posts.

Oh, and lest not forget "sabatoging"

This is just hilarious. Wayyy too inbred and incapable of putting ONE sentence together without grammatical errors. You are right about this first class citizen and I hope we don’t lose him and he comes back for more fun.

Original poster I have a good amount of respect for simply bc he was actually pretty articulate and engaged in a sensible manner. Anyhow the bottom line is that all this will be sorted out on the field and parking lot (in the case of this last inbred). We are coming for what we have not had in 15 years and we will go down fighting with every freaking ounce of energy we have that night. If we bring it like I think we can I don’t think ND can withstand 4 quarters of thumping with our boys.

thanks - This game could be the best in their history. I actually think both sides will be impressed with the other.

Advertisement
Teams are too good for this to be a blowout. Tight game - my hope is that our physicality and freshness on D - aided by the crowd and humidity - will wear ND out by the middle of the 4th quarter and then we come in to sweep the leg.

kingwill42 and HaywoodJablowme, you all need to chill. ND has plenty of holes to be exposed. I hope as much as anyone they run em out of the building, but gotta be realistic. ND can win this game, but its not going to be Miami, OH. They got some real players. I think ND will struggle early to settle in and have a surge in the 2nd qtr. Second half is gonna be a battle. 1 score game either way, 10 pt max.

FYI, comin here and talkin a bunch of **** doesn't change the outcome of the game. ND will know what they are after this game.

Not talking **** just amused at some of the uninformative posts..I think ND physicality is underrated and will be difference in gm.. also think Wimbush is gonna be difference running and throwing will make some big plays..

You just gave up 587 yards and 37 points to the 12th best team in the ACC. Physicality? Your front 7 got punched in the mouth repeatedly by one of the worst teams in FBS, missing their best player and without a single blue chip athlete on the team, and you want to talk about physicality and how uninformative the rest of us are?

To be fair, you guys did give up 428 to north Carolina, which is actually one of the worst teams in the FBS. CBS ranks wake forest at around 35-40 and north carolina is around 100. We gave up 265 and had to play with a back up QB against NC. So there is that. They are probably the 4th worst team in the ACC.

BUT BUT BUT before you hang me, Wake forest did take it to our Defense. Not denying it. they shouldn't have been able to. Not sure if that is an anomaly or truth. We have given up a lot of yards a couple other games, but not like this. I am hoping our defense was just sleeping that day or else Miami will take it to us. There was some chatter that Elko was trying to hard to mix things up since Wake Forest had all his plays (he coached there up to last year). Don't really like that excuse, so until proven different on saturday, im gonna say it was just a let down game for our defense, which has been solid, but not great so far this year.

Either way, these guys are trolls looking to get everyone ****ed off so they can laugh about it.

Dude, this has nothing to do with you. I think you've been met with far more respect and courtesy than an opposing fan in this rivalry has ever been met with, and it has every bit to do with the fact that you're not in here pounding your chest and bragging about being the most dominant and physical team on the planet. You've been honest and realistic, and I still ****ing hate you.

Bottom line is you're only as good as the last game you played. After our game against UNC, we gave plenty of reason to doubt that we were a serious contender, and quite a few introspective Canes fans shared that doubt in here. We came back the following week and put many of those doubts to rest against a top #15 team. You have an opportunity to do the same thing on Saturday, and we have an opportunity to end your season and stake our claim among the elites.

But whatever you do, don't discourage your buddy here from talking ****. He's not making you look bad, as nobody here thinks highly of you to begin with. You're an injured mouse being batted around purely for entertainment sake. But he...he is the object of our hate manifested. Him and your QB. The smug way they talk about domination and physicality ****ing reeks of the teams of the early 80's crying to the NCAA every year that we just won't play the game they way they want us to, that we use speed to our advantage, and that we just refuse to just line up and get run over. **** that guy and **** your QB. He's put a price on his own head. He's going to see 60 minutes of a relentless legit 2-deep front that's going to kick his *** in shifts, and if all goes to plan he'll watch the final minutes of the game on the training room monitor.

I'll see your physicality and raise you unwavering violence and breathtaking speed.

Gotta say, not anybodys ****in injured mouse. Anybody wants to chat great, more than willing to close out and be gone. Came for a little fun, a little chat. More than willing to take some shots and hostility and all that - doesn't bother me a bit. Been an ND fan for awhile, i know how they are perceived. Feel like i can be objective when it comes to them. Just think its boring talking about how good/bad they are with other fans. Your board, your team, say whatever you want about ND, say you want me gone, or even better just don't comment on anything i post - will be a pretty obvious hint. But there are some that seam interested in the game, so i ll stick around as long as their is a conversation going on.

You know, for someone who has been complaining about all this disrespect you have been given over the years, maybe it has more to do with the respect you show then the actual team. This team has earned the right to be considered in the top 4 this year, so far. Act like you belong there and stop playing the nobody likes us card, or the disrespect card. Your ranked 7th with only beating 1 ranked team and almost losing to 4 teams that dont have a winning record. Pretty respectful. if you guys beat ND, you are a win against clemson away from top 4. I believe the respect has been given.

Teams are too good for this to be a blowout. Tight game - my hope is that our physicality and freshness on D - aided by the crowd and humidity - will wear ND out by the middle of the 4th quarter and then we come in to sweep the leg.

its a very good possibility. ND's starters have only played their starts in the 4th quarter once - Georgia. They held up well then, but that was at home and only the 2nd game. Everyone is a lot more beat up now, can't wait to see if they can do it.

Im not sure if i posted this already, but i am actually really glad we are playing miami at this point in the year. I have been on the fence if ND is a top 4 and this game will show me one way or another. If we win, obviously we deserve it. If we don't we will go to a more appropriate bowl game.

Advertisement
Both teams seem to be clicking. We've all been waiting/hoping for Miami to turn up that extra gear after all of these tight games. Tight games (some come from behind) have been great for the mental psyche of the team and it was great to see them put it all together last game (should have been a harsher beating). My only question is can they maintain their emotional high from last week and do it all again this weekend. Crowd will help. Getting excited for the game - should be a great one.

Here's something that ND needs to consider.

The players themselves may not have a memory of the 1988 and 1989 games. But many of our fans do.

I'm Catholic, much of South Florida is Catholic, and the whole "Catholics vs. Convicts" stuff in 1988 angered people in South Florida immensely. Our fans treated ND fans with great disrespect in 1989 (I was one of them) and it was well

BUT THAT WILL NEVER CHANGE. Convicts is just the term for impoverished black dudes that play for Miami. THAT is the entire meaning of the word convict in this case sadly. College football wants student bodies like ND, Penn State, Bama etc- they don't want Miami representing college football. It is the entire story line and really what fuels these players and the city.

Actually, the student bodies are very similar as UM is a private school and one of the more expensive schools in the state. The false narrative is that somehow Alabama, Penn St., and even ND are recruiting or want to recruit different type kids than Miami. Those teams would love to have a fence around Dade/Broward Counties and recruit the type of kids Miami wants and are starting to get.

im totally going to lose my Miami fan base with that post haha
Here's a serious question for you, NDIrish:

What would you say has fundamentally changed the composition of your team this year versus last to cause the dramatic improvement in record? Adams ran for 94 yards last year with pretty much the same OL. Is Wimbush's added running threat the extra sauce? After all, 2016 ended in a 3-point win for you on your field and was only a un-recovered fumble at the goal-line away from being a tie game.

In reply, I would say that since '16 we have developed significantly better depth along the DL and LB units while our secondary was initially a liability but is rapidly improving. Keep an eye out for someone named Jonathan Garvin; should be a good battle against your tackles. On offense we are more mobile at QB and have an outstanding corps of receivers.

I am not the Irish fan but first Kelly let go of playcalling and bought in a new oc to update their offense.. but yes wimbush adds a different dimension. Even Coach richt noted his different type of speed. Kid is dynamic and really takes those offense to another level. Yes their oline and rb get deserved credit but when u watch how on the 60+ yrd runs that the qb is pulling defenders and holding them just by being a run threat and their rb runs downhill untouched. That is impressive.

Also in red zone they have scored numerous times with qb draws and power or zone read. Their red zone percentage is dam near 90%. Alot to do with qb plus he has speed to beat people to pylon. I don't know how many times he has done it but he has 10+ touchdowns so far this season. He completely changes their attack and last game looked a little better throwing. Hope we can rattle him some on road and get some hits on him.

Hey Udaman, sorry for thedelay. Thanks for the question. I will probably end up repeating a lot of what skyman has said, as i think he touched on most of it.

This team is drastically different then last year. First and foremost, is conditioning and attitude. They have shown to be in better shape and much stronger then last year. There are numerous kids who posted before and after pictures from the summer conditioning, and the results were crazy, i attached one picture. They are stronger, faster and better mentally. Out of the 8 losses last year, i think like 6 of them they led at half time and lost 7 by 1 score or less, they were not physically and mentally strong enough to finish games. those problems seem gone this year.

In addition, we have a defensive coordinator who knows how to work with what he has. As i have said before, they are not the most talented, but they have great fundamentals and know how to tackle. Very few times have i noticed they fall off a running back when trying to tackle.

Offensively, wimbush is a huge factor, although Kizer was pretty good to. I think the offensive line developed some toughness (maybe is just the S&C). Adams has gotten significantly stronger. They just have more speed then i have ever seen. I did have higher expectations in the passing game, but i think they show enough to keep you honest. most teams have to keep a safety back there (usually near St. Brown) because of their ability to throw deep. Wimbush usually makes the right call, but he needs to make it faster. I think that even though they lost to georgia, it showed them that they can be physical and play with the top teams in country. I don't think they had the confidence going into that game that they left with. I have always believed that the loss to UGA would pay dividends all year long, and so far it has. Also, in the redzone, as skyman has touched on, they have been lights out. Having a qb like wimbush makes it very hard to defend. He can roll out and he always keeps his eyes downfield, but is ready to run anytime.

For the year, ND is 36/39 in the redzone, with 31 TDs - 92.3%. Those 3 times they didnt score? 2 of them were the end of the game, Kelly took a knee to run out the clock instead of scoring, Both north carolina and north carolina state, could have easily scored, but didn't. The only time they didn't score in the redzone besides that was north carolina, when they didn't have wimbush and their backup threw a pick.

So confidence, attitude and fundamentals are really what it comes down to. Throw it some extra strength and speed and they have been looking pretty good.

x.jpg

Advertisement
Back