Notre Dame game thoughts

Actually, the student bodies are very similar as UM is a private school and one of the more expensive schools in the state. The false narrative is that somehow Alabama, Penn St., and even ND are recruiting or want to recruit different type kids than Miami. Those teams would love to have a fence around Dade/Broward Counties and recruit the type of kids Miami wants and are starting to get.

Interesting. I know at one time i actually got an application to miami when i was in high school -haha seems forever ago.

A serious question, does miami actually like the perception that they are recruiting a different type of kid, or play a different kind of football? Because it helps identify them and separate them from others? I only ask because, i dont see their kids as being any different, its a good school and all that, but you throw in something like the turnover chain with its gold and bling, and their seems to be as many miami fans hanging onto the "catholic vs convicts" thing, and the somewhat "questionable" gameday signs. i guess does the fanbase want that perception, or just run with it because its what they are given?

Advertisement
Interesting. I know at one time i actually got an application to miami when i was in high school -haha seems forever ago.

A serious question, does miami actually like the perception that they are recruiting a different type of kid, or play a different kind of football? Because it helps identify them and separate them from others? I only ask because, i dont see their kids as being any different, its a good school and all that, but you throw in something like the turnover chain with its gold and bling, and their seems to be as many miami fans hanging onto the "catholic vs convicts" thing, and the somewhat "questionable" gameday signs. i guess does the fanbase want that perception, or just run with it because its what they are given?

i actually just read the other thread discussing this and had to agree with a lot of comments made there. interesting stuff.

Miami fans embrace it - same way they embraced the bad boy imagery of the 80s and 90s. It represented the city in a way, since most of the kids on those teams were from the inner city and loved the idea of putting the city on their backs to elevate it in some way. It seems like the hate drawn from the rest of the country fueled the teamand Miamians for a couple decades (the us vs the world theme was prevalent and fully embraced). The kids love hamming it up - they are expressive - but in general, (from those 80s teams) the kids are really good kids. There's something special about upsetting the CFB apple cart with these kids. People in college towns are used to the brashness they see and it makes them uncomfortable. I love it.

Miami fans embrace it - same way they embraced the bad boy imagery of the 80s and 90s. It represented the city in a way, since most of the kids on those teams were from the inner city and loved the idea of putting the city on their backs to elevate it in some way. It seems like the hate drawn from the rest of the country fueled the teamand Miamians for a couple decades (the us vs the world theme was prevalent and fully embraced). The kids love hamming it up - they are expressive - but in general, (from those 80s teams) the kids are really good kids. There's something special about upsetting the CFB apple cart with these kids. People in college towns are used to the brashness they see and it makes them uncomfortable. I love it.

thats understandable. i have actually done some research about the team and saw some of the ways they get involved in the community and i think thats great. I have no problem with embracing the attitude on the field and leaving it to do good things off. Thanks for the info!

Advertisement
True Miami fans today know that Mark Richt is bringing in a good winning culture that is changing lives on and off the field.
Lives of the players, the coaches, the families involved and the communities. He practices what he preaches and is a good role model. A strong Christian who tries to live out his faith and help his fellow man.

True Miami fans today know that Mark Richt is bringing in a good winning culture that is changing lives on and off the field.
Lives of the players, the coaches, the families involved and the communities. He practices what he preaches and is a good role model. A strong Christian who tries to live out of his faith and help his fellow man.

Dude, honestly, hearing stuff like that, actually makes me more excited for this game. I think that is probably more of a reason i bounce around these boards. I like making the different connections more than just the game itself. i had a blast with the goergia fans. A couple of us met up before the game, i helped a couple get parking passes, tickets, etc. Just makes it bigger IMO. i have taken on a new perception of miami in the last couple days, minus a few posters. i had hoped to show a little different side of ND football, that they aren't the stuck up, over rated teams of the 90's and 00's, but thats ok if not.

thats understandable. i have actually done some research about the team and saw some of the ways they get involved in the community and i think thats great. I have no problem with embracing the attitude on the field and leaving it to do good things off. Thanks for the info!

Kids were no saints and we had some bad apples, no doubt, but by in large, the kids on our teams from Liberty City, etc. are super tough nosed, good kids from the worst areas and are exceptionally driven. They live football - they aren't the go to frat party kinds of kids. You talk to people close to the program and they'll tell you that these kids throughout the decades have been overwhelmingly good kids that love giving back to their community, etc. There aren't too many pockets like that in the US in big cities like Miaim. It's a big reason why our teams are so unique.

our defense will show. we need to posses the ball on offense and obviously score points. think the equation is pretty simple:

At least 100 yards rushing + 2 Turnover Chains = VICTORY

Advertisement
Hey all, quick question. The general question from this thread is that you think y'all are gonna wipe the floor with us, do you really think your resume is better compared to ours? I can understand thinking you will win in a close game, but man, the way y'all are talking makes me think that we're no better than Betheune Cookman, Arkansas State, or one of the other scrubs y'all opened up your season with

If you look at resume alone, you would be a fool not to pick the Irish. However the football season evolves and contains ebbs and flows and as teams get more confident they can improve their play. Miami is improving every week and ND is going to need to shore up some things to play well. I think ND is going to surprise Miami fans. UGA had great success forcing the QB keeper on the read and being able to chase it down after forcing the keep. I don't know that Miami has the same athletes or skill and coaching that UGA does up front, and I hope we are able to self-scout against UGA to guard against issues you face going against a very athletic front.

Miami is going to need to play their best game of the year to beat ND, but ND won't have to play it's best game to win.

Hey all, quick question. The general question from this thread is that you think y'all are gonna wipe the floor with us, do you really think your resume is better compared to ours? I can understand thinking you will win in a close game, but man, the way y'all are talking makes me think that we're no better than Betheune Cookman, Arkansas State, or one of the other scrubs y'all opened up your season with

kill yourself pimp

If you look at resume alone, you would be a fool not to pick the Irish. However the football season evolves and contains ebbs and flows and as teams get more confident they can improve their play. Miami is improving every week and ND is going to need to shore up some things to play well. I think ND is going to surprise Miami fans. UGA had great success forcing the QB keeper on the read and being able to chase it down after forcing the keep. I don't know that Miami has the same athletes or skill and coaching that UGA does up front, and I hope we are able to self-scout against UGA to guard against issues you face going against a very athletic front.

Miami is going to need to play their best game of the year to beat ND, but ND won't have to play it's best game to win.
see post #292

Advertisement

Lmaooooo

Lmaooooo

Brooooooo

People like to bring up stats and like to look at previous games in order to predict the future.

I think intangibles will be the difference. This will be one of the most difficult road games ND has had in while.
Most of the pressure is on ND if you truly think about it. IF they lose they come to the saddening realization that they pretty much have nothing else of significance to play for. No Playoffs, no Conference Championship since they have no conference. They probably will go to the Fiesta Bowl or Orange Bowl.

Miami if they lose still know's that they have Clemson. Beat them on a huge stage and there is still a lot more that can happen.

So with that said, I think Miami will be the team that will be very loose and comfortable in this limelight and the team with more of an attitude to prove the doubters wrong.

ND is trying to treat this like any other game and saying all the right things but once they get hit in the face and hear that Miami crowd they will know this game is different.

Last edited:
Advertisement
ND has 3 incredibly convincing wins against top 25 teams, two of whom are top 15. The best y'all have is a blowout against an overrated VT team. Y'all did not look impressive at all against a UNC team that we blew the doors off of with our backup QB and our star RB sitting for most of the game

Lmaooooo

clint-eastwood-gran-torino-gif-6.gif

I really don't see how you can think Miami's resume is anywhere near as good as ND's, and haven't seen any attempt at arguing that in this thread, just the assertion of it

ND has 3 incredibly convincing wins against top 25 teams, two of whom are top 15. The best y'all have is a blowout against an overrated VT team. Y'all did not look impressive at all against a UNC team that we blew the doors off of with our backup QB and our star RB sitting for most of the game

all your toughest games has been at child molestation central AKA South Bend. hehehehehehehehee

Advertisement
Back