Notre Dame at Miami on Nov. 11: How big is this to you?

First time we've got the Irish at home since 1989.

For me, there is not the same level of anticipation/anxiety/hatred I get for Florida/Florida State.

BUT I would put ND equal to or above any other opponent, our "third biggest rival" if there's such a thing.

Kickoff is still 9 long months away, but how hyped are you for this game?

Advertisement
Beating fsu at fsu is the biggest game imo.

ND is a cool story and a lot of nostalgia but I'd rather see us beat fsu by three td's

It's Notre f#ckin Dame!!! To any real Canes fan, this game will always be big!!!

They represent all that is soul-less and wrong.

They need to be destroyed. Not for the ACC......for humanity.

TBH I don't even give them much thought. I'm much more interested in beating and FSU and winning the ACC. Notre Dame is just a mediocre non conference game on our schedule. Frankly I expect to win that game.

Advertisement
They represent all that is soul-less and wrong.

They need to be destroyed. Not for the ACC......for humanity.

:hh9BEeLFGEOeZUWG.jp

We played ND every year — pretty much a home-and-home from 1971 to 1985, then again from '87 through '90.

In the 26 seasons since?

Only 3 times: The Sun Bowl blowout loss with an interim coach in 2010; the "neutral site" debacle at Soldier Field in 2012; and last October in South Bend when we couldn't hold a fourth-quarter lead against a 4-8 team that lost at home to Duke.

So, yeah, we need to get Brian Kelly fired with another "classless" 58-7 beatdown.

To me personally it all depends on how the season plays out for them at that point.
If they have 4-5 losses (which could happen by Nov 11) then it will just be another game.
If both teams are ranked and it get's some love from the media hype machine then I will be more stoked for it.

I fully expect a blowout win over ND that sends a message to college football.

I'm very much looking forward to making a statement during that game ... No matter what their record is.

Advertisement
Serious question.. do they have any positive outlook on their season due to their QB situation? Lost one to draft and one to transfer.

Anybody have any knowledge on what they look like at QB? I know we're replacing ours too but I actually have confidence that we'll be ok there.

Other than FSU all of our most challenging opponents are replacing legit QBs.. VT, UNC, ND, Pitt. Should make our season that much easier

Serious question.. do they have any positive outlook on their season due to their QB situation? Lost one to draft and one to transfer.

Anybody have any knowledge on what they look like at QB? I know we're replacing ours too but I actually have confidence that we'll be ok there.

Other than FSU all of our most challenging opponents are replacing legit QBs.. VT, UNC, ND, Pitt. Should make our season that much easier

I'd have to imagine other teams are saying the same about our QB situation, and are just as optimistic about their own QB situation.

Advertisement
The game will try and be hyped by the media but we will beat them down. It has been too bad that both teams have been so bad when they have played each other lately. We need them to get beaten bad so they lose their contract with NBC and then they will have to beg to get into the ACC.

Im not old enough to have garnered hatred toward Notre Dame organically, but I want to crush them based on their homer lisping ***itrous NBC broadcast team alone

Lets face it, we all like winning, but dont really care if the team we beat is Duke, Va, etc. There are less than 10 teams where the win would feel extra special. Notre Shame is on that very short list, along with FSU, UF, etc.

Advertisement
I hate ND and all they stand for. The only reason y they scheduled us originally b/c we were an independent program that was an easy victory. But the moment we started becoming an elite program and pushing their holes in, they wanted no part of us anymore, citing "too fierce of a rivalry among fans." FOH. I still want our chip from 88. We still owe them from last year and Golden's year. I want to score board to sound like a pinball machine as we run up the score and margin of victory.

Would you rather go 8-5 including a bowl loss, but beat FSU and ND, or go 12-2, winning ACC championship and bowl game, but losing to FSU and ND?

Advertisement
Back