Notre Dame at Miami (1-24-01) at 6 pm on ACCN

Advertisement
I’ve watched a lot of basketball over my lifetime. At all levels. This is as bad of a coached hoops team as I have ever in my life.

I can say with confidence that EYBL circuit teams who only play with each other for 4 months out of the year look more prepared than this group of bums collecting checks in coral gables.

This hoops program doesn’t have much history but the effort some of these kids display on our team is an embarrassment to the program, coaches, and us fans. L has to go.

In an era where 3 point shooting is so heavily emphasized, we somehow managed to go 4 years and recruit only 2 guys (Lykes and Cross) who can actually shoot. And there was 3 years between them.

It’s lazy, stupid, and incompetent. There are plenty of shooters at mid majors who would have committed here on the spot. We simply chose not to and instead have played ACC games for 3 years with 7-8 scholarship players. Enough is enough. Jim should retire or be fired after the season. This program is as low as it was under Perry. Disgraceful.

Coming out of HS, Damari Monsato (6'6" wing from Broward Co.) was one of the top outside shooters in the country. He's a freshmen now at ETSU (I believe) averaging 11ppg and 8 rebs. Yet Miami chose not to recruit him

Advertisement
They are calling and offering scholarships to about 10 or more kids in DC and PA.
I am not believing that there are 10 kids in those areas better than the top 5 kids in FL.
The top 2 or 4 probably
There are a handful of players on this roster from out of state who weren't top 100 coming out of high school, most of them were 3 star recruits coming in. And off the top I can name you another 5-10 more from over the years that this staff recruited that also didn't fit the bill. All I'm saying is if you're going to take a chance on a kid, why not a kid from our area or state?

Some good effort drops the lead to 10, then Beverly let's his guy fly an easy 3 and back to suck city.

Advertisement
It would help if we had an AD who actually had oversight of the programs he oversees. This “I hire the coach and let them do whatever” BS is not working. Jim should have had an AD on his *** about the recruiting and leaving multiple scholarships open several years ago. It’s a clown show.

We have nobody who can shoot and literally don’t even have a big on the roster for next year. We play in the f’ing ACC. This is ridiculous.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He said Willie Herenton is a former walk on.

Is he on scholarship now?
1611535195000.png

Coming out of HS, Damari Monsato (6'6" wing from Broward Co.) was one of the top outside shooters in the country. He's a freshmen now at ETSU (I believe) averaging 11ppg and 8 rebs. Yet Miami chose not to recruit him
We should recruit better in Florida. The quality of HS/AAU ball has improved greatly. FSU has five Floridians on their roster. We have none.

For decades, though, the state was known as a dry hole for top HS hoops prospects, and it takes awhile to live down a bad reputation.

There was a time. e.g., in the 1990s, where we recruited a 6'6 kid from North Miami HS who averaged 47 ppg. No exaggeration. Runner-up Mr. Basketball in the state of Florida. He averaged all of 3 ppg in his last year at UM before transferring out.

Advertisement
Back