Notre Dame at Miami (1-24-01) at 6 pm on ACCN

Advertisement
It's crazy, that yet again, another player (Juwan Durham) from the state of Florida is giving Miami the business. I hate to beat on a dead horse, but this staff's inability to recruit is killing this program. Coach L needs to make changes to his staff and bring in a guy who has ties to Florida.

Advertisement
It's crazy, that yet again, another player (Juwan Durham) from the state of Florida is giving Miami the business. I hate to beat on a dead horse, but this staff's inability to recruit is killing this program. Coach L needs to make changes to his staff and bring in a guy who has ties to Florida.

Honestly, you just need someone on your current staff to call the guys at Team Breakdown, Night Rydas Elite, Team Parsons and Game Elite to get players from Florida.

Recruiting is based on relationships. Relationships are developed and built with a phone call.

Advertisement
Wong now caught the airball virus while others stand around as they are sinking multiple 3's. Heading for a big double-digit loss against a team 1-5 in ACC play..., get the excuses ready.

Advertisement
Honestly, you just need someone on your current staff to call the guys at Team Breakdown, Night Rydas Elite, Team Parsons and Game Elite to get players from Florida.

Recruiting is based on relationships. Relationships are developed and built with a phone call.

I get what you're saying but it's not that easy. Aside from relationships, you've got to have someone on the staff that believes in players from our state. I'm sure there are guys on the Miami staff that have the relationships with all those aau programs. Problem is this staff doesn't pick up the phone to call.

For the most part, this staff refuses to recruit in-state kids, unless they're top 50 in America. Yet, they continue to go out of state for kids that aren't even in the top 100 nationally. It's baffling to me.

Last edited:
Advertisement
In an era where 3 point shooting is so heavily emphasized, we somehow managed to go 4 years and recruit only 2 guys (Lykes and Cross) who can actually shoot. And there was 3 years between them.

It’s lazy, stupid, and incompetent. There are plenty of shooters at mid majors who would have committed here on the spot. We simply chose not to and instead have played ACC games for 3 years with 7-8 scholarship players. Enough is enough. Jim should retire or be fired after the season. This program is as low as it was under Perry. Disgraceful.

We are a team of bad shooters that can’t defend. Tough to overcome.

To be fair this is not the team that was supposed to take the court all season.

Damari Monsato

I get what you're saying but it's not that easy. Aside from relationships, you've got to have someone on the staff that believes in players from our state. I'm sure there are guys on the Miami staff that have the relationships with all those aau programs. Problem is this staff doesn't pick up the phone to call.

For the most part, this staff refuses to recruit in-state kids, unless they're top 50 in America. Yet, they continue to go out of state for kids that aren't even in the top 100 nationally. It's baffling to me

They are calling and offering scholarships to about 10 or more kids in DC and PA.
I am not believing that there are 10 kids in those areas better than the top 5 kids in FL.
The top 2 or 4 probably

Advertisement
Back