Note on the football board...(if you're new please read)

I think we need a LU's corner and let that be dedicated to X's and O's. Also a recruit tracking would be a nice add on.

Also I'd like to see Mbeck's previous recruiting years ranking system he had going on every year. That was always good info.

Advertisement
I'm here for the football talk. The WEZ stuff is available all over the web. Why would a serious person want it here? Any chance that it could be made optional in Profile or Settings.

Not my call I know. Nice to see who's here. ;)

I'm here for the football talk. The WEZ stuff is available all over the web. Why would a serious person want it here? Any chance that it could be made optional in Profile or Settings.

Not my call I know. Nice to see who's here. ;)

Good to see you here Chuckles

Advertisement
Lu, I like the Wallace pic ... and the message is priceless. However, I really liked your old one. I would show it to anyone standing around me! Made me feel better about the over half century of tragedy down south.

Dmoney and Lu are you doing B-Ball and Baseball boards??? Especially basketball since the season is already underway

Yeah, I think we'll do a combined one.

By the way, I wanted to mention that this board WILL be moderated. Just being upfront. If you wish to troll and post nonsense and entertain yourself, your content will be quickly moved to the WEZ.

We intend to ensure the quality of the football discussions.

By the way, I wanted to mention that this board WILL be moderated. Just being upfront. If you wish to troll and post nonsense and entertain yourself, your content will be quickly moved to the WEZ.

I hear cmar would love to be a mod of a potential All-Positivity board that he's been working on for quite some time. Maybe a merger in the works?

Advertisement

I hear cmar would love to be a mod of a potential All-Positivity board that he's been working on for quite some time. Maybe a merger in the works?

Quality and positivity are not synonymous, Rollin. Over the past 9 years, the best quality on Canestime typically came from some of the more negative posters.

Quality and positivity are not synonymous, Rollin. Over the past 9 years, the best quality on Canestime typically came from some of the more negative posters.

+1,000 love what you guys are doing over here. Mad props.

Since there's no paywall to separate the bull**** from the free board to the old premium board, can we have strict policy against people who are just **** stirring and trolling?

Lu,

Do you guys have the ability to ban people from just posting on the football board? There are 2 or 3 guys trolling every thread already.

Advertisement
Lu,

Do you guys have the ability to ban people from just posting on the football board? There are 2 or 3 guys trolling every thread already.

I'd like for this to happen. If the same people keep starting troll threads or posting in threads that cause them to be moved, they should have their access to the football board revoked if possible. Putting someone on ignore only does so much when they derail threads worth reading.

Last edited:
Lu,

I'd like for this to happen. If the same people keep starting troll threads or posting in threads that cause them to be moved, they should have their access to the football board revoked if possible.

It'll be cleaned up. I'd really like to stay away from banning anyone, but we'll move threads and issue warnings. There's an entire board for trolling, posting nudes and virtually anything you want. I don't get what the obsession is with ruining the football discussion, but it'll be cleaned up the best we can.

Unlike the WEZ, the football board *will* be moderated to ensure quality.

I'm all for the idea of Lu starting an X's O's corner, easily one of the most intelligent posters I have seen.

Advertisement
Suggestions for a good site? Here's mine: What subtracts from a board are negative posters with seeming agendas of ripping players, coaches, etc. with name calling and derogatory comments.

Hey, things are not always rosy and sometime they can be downright disappointing, and these certainly should be open topics for discussion. But a public forum should not the place for hating on players or the team.

Keep that one thing off this board and it will be a cut above any other Cane forum out there. But if I'm reading you right, that's what you're shooting for. If yes, the bravo.

Advertisement
Back