Note on the football board...(if you're new please read)

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
Fellas and ladies,
When me and Lu decided to do this board, our first goal was to make the best football board possible. Something like the Member's Football Board on Grassy, but better and free. It will take time, but with the quality of posters that are already here it shouldn't take too long.

As you can tell, the West End Zone is pretty hands-off censorship wise. This board is a bit different. This is for pure football talk. We won't delete threads that won't fit, but they'll get moved to the WEZ. We want to avoid something like the free football board on Scout.

If you want to vent post game or have fun ripping on somebody, the WEZ is the place for that. If you want to talk Xs and Os, break down recruits, and otherwise go deep on Canes football, this is the place.

And, as always, if anybody has suggestions on how to make this the best Canes football board on the Web, don't be shy.

Attachments

• TheWork.jpg
    TheWork.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 21,060
Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
The only thing I ask for is if you are going to post nudes and **** and gifs like that, PLEASE, PLEASE keep it on the off-topic forum. During school I like to view sports forums, but I never visited CanesTimes free football forum because I was afraid of someone just randomly posting a nude pic in a thread, which would obviously cause me to get into serious trouble. I will definitely be on here during the day as long as all the **** etc stays on the off-topic forum.

ETA: Sorry if this came off strong, wasn't the intent.

Last edited:
The only thing I ask for is if you are going to post nudes and **** and gifs like that, PLEASE, PLEASE keep it on the off-topic forum. During school I like to view sports forums, but I never visited CanesTimes free football forum because I was afraid of someone just randomly posting a nude pic in a thread, which would obviously cause me to get into serious trouble. I will definitely be on here during the day as long as all the **** etc stays on the off-topic forum.

This is the entire point, though. Personally, I'm all for the WEZ and was all for the Lounge. We won't censor. But, little things like NSFW and stuff like that will be minimally moderated. Some people browse and interact during work. Everyone knows this stuff. This board will be for football discussions.

Attachments

• TheWork.jpg
    TheWork.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 17,543
Maybe make some sub forums for basketball, baseball, etc. Doesn't mean much, but it gives you the idea that you are running a 'Canes site.

No need to apologize, you're right. Like I said, this board will be as heavily moderated as the WEZ is hands off.

Advertisement
Fellas and ladies,
When me and Lu decided to do this board, our first goal was to make the best football board possible. Something like the Member's Football Board on Grassy, but better and free. It will take time, but with the quality of posters that are already here it shouldn't take too long.

As you can tell, the West End Zone is pretty hands-off censorship wise. This board is a bit different. This is for pure football talk. We won't delete threads that won't fit, but they'll get moved to the WEZ. We want to avoid something like the free football board on Scout.

If you want to vent post game or have fun ripping on somebody, the WEZ is the place for that. If you want to talk Xs and Os, break down recruits, and otherwise go deep on Canes football, this is the place.

And, as always, if anybody has suggestions on how to make this the best Canes football board on the Web, don't be shy.

1.gif

I never went to the free football board on Scout. It was a disaster zone. I did all the football discussions in The Lounge. I'm looking forward to actually talking real football on a football board for once.

What about gameday threads? Will they be on this board or have a completely separate board like Scout? Probably best to have a separate dedicated "Gameday Board" if you want to keep the *****ing and moaning off this board especially during the games.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE dont let this turn into the FB board on grassy, we also are going to need either a gameday board, or a thread weekly would be mu suggestion

Attachments

• Opening.jpg
    Opening.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 35,955
Fellas and ladies,

D, the #1 rule when selling guatemalen papaya is, if the price is good and the quality is even better, you will sell. with you and Lu running this and the mass amount of members already here we will be there in no time, this WILL be the best 'canes site!

Attachments

• BradleyJ.jpg
    BradleyJ.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 7,231
Advertisement
Before I cancel my subscription to grassy I just want to know if we are going to get as good of coverage on recruiting.

DMoney, you could've saved a lot of bandwidth by just saying, "If you're IbisNation, stick to the WEZ." I understand and would not have been offended in the least. (This will probably be my only post on THIS board, then, barring matters of trivia or other historical arguments.)

Attachments

• IMG_0045.jpg
    IMG_0045.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 18,094
Again, thanks for setting this up Money and Lu. Cane we get a sticky note for football reference material that explains basic offenses, defenses, techniques, etc. Thanks!

Attachments

• DeeDelaneyCitadel.jpg
    DeeDelaneyCitadel.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 24,236
Everything has pretty much been hit on, I would say keep the trolls off the board as much as possible.

A gameday forum would be awesome, it would basically archive itself. Speaking of we should make a classics board while we're at it.

Advertisement
Again, thanks for setting this up Money and Lu. Cane we get a sticky note for football reference material that explains basic offenses, defenses, techniques, etc. Thanks!

Great idea, we're on it!

DMoney, you could've saved a lot of bandwidth by just saying, "If you're IbisNation, stick to the WEZ." I understand and would not have been offended in the least. (This will probably be my only post on THIS board, then, barring matters of trivia or other historical arguments.)

LOL. But seriously, we'd love to see you engaged on here. You know your stuff. Either way, welcome.

Attachments

• IMG_4919.jpg
    IMG_4919.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 24,779
We can all say we were here in the beginning. I'd like to personally thank DMoney, Lu, and all others involved in making this site.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
I like it. Hopefully a free board like this one can maintain high quality football discussions. Most of the reason I was still a paying member on Grassy was some of the great info by some of you guys. I'll still probably keep my subscription there thru recruiting because I'm a sucker.

IJJB there is a thread tacked at the top of this forum for making suggestions to improve the site. You might want to copy and paste your message their and delete this one.

Advertisement
Back