Note on Braylen Ingraham

Come on man. Don't be a homer.

Losing to Iowa and Purdue is less concerning when you played in 8 major bowl games in the last ten years...winning a NC
It’s not the losing. Everyone loses. But getting tossed like a rag doll 2 years in a row is concerning. At this point the only thing concerning about Miami is lack of offense, not getting rolled. But hey we still have bc and vt and anything can happen.

Advertisement
It’s not the losing. Everyone loses. But getting tossed like a rag doll 2 years in a row is concerning. At this point the only thing concerning about Miami is lack of offense, not getting rolled. But hey we still have bc and vt and anything can happen.

You know how easy that it is to recruit for: "See Jordan, that's why we need you, we gotta get back to punishing these teams like we did when Zeke was here, you remember than don't you"

Last edited:
You said:

"Let’s say we’re on a run like last year..if I’m an opposing coach..all I tell a kid is to just watch..they’ll lose a game they shouldn’t & BAM that’s exactly what we do."

I simply rebuttaled YOUR argument. Everyone loses games they are not suppose to. Now you changing your point. That being said, I do agree those schools help themselves because they make the playoffs. Which is now a different argument. Don't get so emotional, it is a horrible look.

You what? You mean this crap?
Name one “elite” program (outside of Bama) that doesn’t lose a game they aren’t suppose to? Ohio State just lost to Purdue. Last year, they lost to Iowa. Last year, Clemson lost to Cuse. The year before, Pitt. It happens. In order for Miami to become “elite” it has to win the ACC consistently and beat Clemson. Change a couple of things with the program, and I don’t think that is far fetched. Miami will be competing soon.

That was easily some of the dumbest crap ever written...it's prolly the same idiotic **** Miami coaches are saying. After pointing out how Clemson lost to Syracuse you then say we have to beat them to become elite? LMFAO! This is part of your rebuttal?

Try again and this time change the hamster running around on the wheel that's powering your brain.

I'll be waiting...

It’s crazy that some on here still don’t realize that our program just ain’t **** anymore in the eyes of these kids. We haven’t done **** in a decade and a half and everytime we start to turn the corner we **** the bed yet again. We have to win out now, if that happens and then win 11 next year we would still be on course but as it pertains to this class, we ain’t closing on our top targets.

Everytime we actually convince kids to come here we prove them wrong and that they should have went elsewhere.

You know what how easy that it is to recruit for: "See Jordan, that's why we need you, we gotta get back to punishing these teams like we did when Zeke was here, you remember than don't you"

You see what all these teams do when they get all these good players. Look how many sofla guys that are your friends with are balling. Imaging if they stayed home with you.
That’s why we need you. Stay home with the rest of the studs and let’s take over the state.
Look what Kirby did with all my players and the qb’s we were recruiting. Now he loses to LSU with more talent than we have. Stay home son. Let’s make the crib great. We have the number one defense in the nation and since many got here we’ve improved every year.

But no persuasion trumps bags.

Advertisement
You see what all these teams do when they get all these good players. Look how many sofla guys that are your friends with are balling. Imaging if they stayed home with you.
That’s why we need you. Stay home with the rest of the studs and let’s take over the state.
Look what Kirby did with all my players and the qb’s we were recruiting. Now he loses to LSU with more talent than we have. Stay home son. Let’s make the crib great. We have the number one defense in the nation and since many got here we’ve improved every year.

But no persuasion trumps bags.

"why stay home and lose to UVA's of the world with your friends when you can join your other elite south fla brothers here. We want you bc you're elite, we don't want you with the pressure of putting on for your city bc you're only 18 and this decision is for you"...miami has played in one new years day bowl game in ten years...we've played in 8. You want to wait another ten years? Mark Richt has been a HC for 18 years and has won nothing and never will...I've won at every school I've been at.

Like I eluded to before, some of you have no idea what goes on with these kids and how they perceive the University of Miami. I'm with high school kids for hours every day. They really don't care about the University of Miami. We're an afterthought right now. We are not going to start swaying elite players until we start winning big...and stop losing to teams like Pitt and Virginia. It's petty and stupid, but unfortunately we're dealing with kids, and we have to become "cool" again in order for them to see us in a different light.

Getting a solid, innovative OC in here would do wonders in my opinion. If we start lighting up the scoreboard and playing defense the way we are, we'll start blowing people out and it will change the perception on our program.

@Coach Macho Anyone who follow the Canes w logic and not w pure emotions will see this. We r an afterthought and losing 4 in a row in 2016, losing 3 in a row to end the season, and Now 2-2 against Power 5 teams this season is not a good look and follows the narrative that we are not back.

"why stay home and lose to UVA's of the world with your friends when you can join your other elite south fla brothers here. We want you bc you're elite, we don't want you with the pressure of putting on for your city bc you're only 18 and this decision is for you"...miami has played in one new years day bowl game in ten years...we've played in 8. You want to wait another ten years? Mark Richt has been a HC for 18 years and has won nothing and never will...I've won at every school I've been at.

That was good urb!!

Son college is only the beginning. Less than 1 percent of players make it to the league and the nfl career average is 3 years.
You want to be prepared by and surround yourself with the best possible people to prepare you physically spiritually and mentally. I’ve put my share of kids in the league and while I may not have one the big one and lost my share of games and won at a pretty good pace. I can guarantee you that I care about my players their families and their future. Most of my former players still visit me and talk to me and ask for my advice. Even the ones in the league. I won’t surround you with players that will get you compromised or put you in bad situations.
How many of those kids get washed out. Gotten arrested, not qualified, caught cheating on test etc..
Do you want the peak of your life to be a bowl game or a natty and then downhill for the rest of your life because I didn’t prepare you for life?
You want to be like uncle Rico talking about what could’ve been? I want to make sure that what ever happens while Your at the university of Miami is the beginning of a successful and ever promising life.
There will be pressure wherever you go. There is pressure at bama osu FSU. But you’ve played down here and are aware of pressure since peewee. That’s why sofla players succeed wherever they go because that pressure is familiar. Competition is familiar you welcome it you want it you embrace it!!
Sure I can let a bunch of kids that are very talented with questionable backgrounds come here. I can tell someone to tell someone to tell us when the drug tests are coming. But I wouldn’t want that for my son so why would I want it for you?
I won 10 games here with players that wouldn’t start or make my team in uga. Let’s mke the future bright I won’t let you down son. Make the crib great.

That was good urb!!

Son college is only the beginning. Less than 1 percent of players make it to the league and the nfl career average is 3 years.
You want to be prepared by and surround yourself with the best possible people to prepare you physically spiritually and mentally. I’ve put my share of kids in the league and while I may not have one the big one and lost my share of games and won at a pretty good pace. I can guarantee you that I care about my players their families and their future. Most of my former players still visit me and talk to me and ask for my advice. Even the ones in the league. I won’t surround you with players that will get you compromised or put you in bad situations.
How many of those kids get washed out. Gotten arrested, not qualified, caught cheating on test etc..
Do you want the peak of your life to be a bowl game or a natty and then downhill for the rest of your life because I didn’t prepare you for life?
You want to be like uncle Rico talking about what could’ve been? I want to make sure that what ever happens while Your at the university of Miami is the beginning of a successful and ever promising life.
There will be pressure wherever you go. There is pressure at bama osu FSU. But you’ve played down here and are aware of pressure since peewee. That’s why sofla players succeed wherever they go because that pressure is familiar. Competition is familiar you welcome it you want it you embrace it!!
Sure I can let a bunch of kids that are very talented with questionable backgrounds come here. I can tell someone to tell someone to tell us when the drug tests are coming. But I wouldn’t want that for my son so why would I want it for you?
I won 10 games here with players that wouldn’t start or make my team in uga. Let’s mke the future bright I won’t let you down son. Make the crib great.
The elite kids can’t even fathom the thought they would make it to the league, sure it happens all the time but it won’t be them. That’s the mentality. Your entire post still is coated with bias for our program. Even Urban can show a great alumni support program at a school like OSU. Sure the one we have is second to none but you make it seem like these other schools are completely deficient in those areas.

Is Richt a great guy? He is but these kids don’t care that much about that. And the elite talents that have the high character to see the value in Richt, continue to be proven wrong every time we lose

Advertisement
Your entire post still is coated with bias for our program.

I think his "post" is just a hypothetical sales pitch, and sales is always biased. You think the going trying to sell you a PC is going to mention the benefits of the new Apple OS. Or the guy at Lexus is going to talk to you about how much better the new BMW drives?

That was good urb!!

Way too much talking..kid’s attention span isn’t that long.
You’ve lost him

Like I eluded to before, some of you have no idea what goes on with these kids and how they perceive the University of Miami. I'm with high school kids for hours every day. They really don't care about the University of Miami. We're an afterthought right now. We are not going to start swaying elite players until we start winning big...and stop losing to teams like Pitt and Virginia. It's petty and stupid, but unfortunately we're dealing with kids, and we have to become "cool" again in order for them to see us in a different light.

Getting a solid, innovative OC in here would do wonders in my opinion. If we start lighting up the scoreboard and playing defense the way we are, we'll start blowing people out and it will change the perception on our program.

I don't know a thing about recruiting, and this strikes me as 100% on point...with one exception. I don't find it "petty and stupid" at all for a top HS athlete to want to go to a winning program and play for championships. It clearly isn't happening here any time soon.

We need more elite recruits to prevent losses to Virginia?

We need more elite recruits to lessen the chances of losses to teams Virginia.
No team out there is immuned to losing to an unranked team at home, except for you know who.
And before you put words in my mouth, losing to any team is unacceptable to me.

Advertisement
The elite kids can’t even fathom the thought they would make it to the league, sure it happens all the time but it won’t be them. That’s the mentality. Your entire post still is coated with bias for our program. Even Urban can show a great alumni support program at a school like OSU. Sure the one we have is second to none but you make it seem like these other schools are completely deficient in those areas.

Is Richt a great guy? He is but these kids don’t care that much about that. And the elite talents that have the high character to see the value in Richt, continue to be proven wrong every time we lose
You can have al the alumni support you want but if you are an idiot and a head case and no one gave you any tools to better yourself then that association is useless.
Look at Willis. This dude was really close to being on last chance U. But the staff was patient and provided him with tools. Not saying other schools wouldn’t have done it but we know that we did.
Of coarse I’m biased but it doesn’t mean what I posted isn’t true.
Like I posted previously is it the chicken or the egg?
We keep praising these coaches as great cause they get talent.
Since 2011 Alabama his had the number 1 class except last year.
Cmr was top 3 only once and was consistently about 8th or 9th. most Of the schools who were ahead of him during that time were heavy national contenders and winners. USC, Auburn Alabama UF FSU Texas and Ohio state. We say follow the visits and I’ll say follow the class rankings. Saban and urban didn’t invent the wheel. They went to schools that want to play the bag game at a high level. Ole miss creeped up for a while but got caught. If not we would crowning freeze as a coaching genius.
Cmr trying to get the best kids down here but Is getting beat out by bags and dudes that win nattys cause they got the best talent and not cause they’re some coaching God’s.

You can have al the alumni support you want but if you are an idiot and a head case and no one gave you any tools to better yourself then that association is useless.
Look at Willis. This dude was really close to being on last chance U. But the staff was patient and provided him with tools. Not saying other schools wouldn’t have done it but we know that we did.
Of coarse I’m biased but it doesn’t mean what I posted isn’t true.
Like I posted previously is it the chicken or the egg?
We keep praising these coaches as great cause they get talent.
Since 2011 Alabama his had the number 1 class except last year.
Cmr was top 3 only once and was consistently about 8th or 9th. most Of the schools who were ahead of him during that time were heavy national contenders and winners. USC, Auburn Alabama UF FSU Texas and Ohio state. We say follow the visits and I’ll say follow the class rankings. Saban and urban didn’t invent the wheel. They went to schools that want to play the bag game at a high level. Ole miss creeped up for a while but got caught. If not we would crowning freeze as a coaching genius.
Cmr trying to get the best kids down here but Is getting beat out by bags and dudes that win nattys cause they got the best talent and not cause they’re some coaching God’s.
Yeah but both Urban and Saban got to where they were by proving themselves first. Urban did it at Utah and immediately won at UF. He won and he won quick. Zook could recruit his *** off but was a terrible coach, Urban won with his players and then his own. Saban was successful at MSU and then went to LSU which was wasn’t **** and got them a title. I think you bring up valid points but really keep underscoring how good of coaches those two are from a CFB perspective. They recruited in an elite manner and won in an elite manner. I think Richt recruited on an elite manner but he lost some big games, games against those two. He has a stigma against, maybe unfair as he did get close, but a stigma nonetheless. Now he is at a program like Miami which also has a stigma, and when you lose to LSU the way we did and then lose UVA, those were confirmed.

EDIT: I’m busy right now and realize that I didn’t fully answer your post. I’ll get back to this, as I’m interested in having discourse about the subject.

So you're saying a kid who's been an elite athlete his whole life shouldn't want to be surrounded by other elite athletes, and have access to the best facilities and be coached by the best coaches?

I currently live in South Plantation's boundary. If I had a son who was about to play high school football there's no way in **** I'd let him go to South Plantation the way they look right now.
Hey don't be hatin on my Alma mater like that, I still got some Paladin pride lol, but yea we won our district one year when I was there and beat BA 7-6 lol

Advertisement
And how do these kids expect us to win without them. The stud sofla players.
These local kids and posters acting like saban won his first natty at bama with low ranked kids.
I guess when he won at LSU he had a bunch of 3 star dudes too. I guess urban took UF on that run by beating FAU for recruits.
Saban lost to Louisiana Monroe his first year at bama. AT HOME!!! Yet nobody flipped and he still got one of the top classes .
Dabo was at Clemson for an eternity and it wasn’t until the bank opened up that he began to recruit at an elite level and outbid dudes for Watson.
Like I posted in the thread o n ingraham: these kids don’t respect this team cause we continually get disrespected. You get no cred when kids keep making this school look like *** by stringing our coaches along. Look at Jobe laughing and making fun of the U and our fans during the interview after he committed to bama. And I bet instead of looking down upon him for the way he acted the kids down here idolize him cause he’s at bama.
OSU lost to Purdue ain’t nobody flipping. And they have way less of an excuse to get blown out by Purdue than we do barely losing to uva. They got rolled!!!! But those schools get a pass but here we are under 85 schollies with no elite o lineman and we get laughed at by the local kids?
Maybe the local coaches and parents should be kicking some knowledge to the kids they coach.
I can guarantee you macho that the following is about to happen. The staff is going to stop taking commitments from local kids. It’s obvious they don’t want to come here and even you re stating as much on this post.
If the local kids want “cool” then it’s lookng more and more like we’re going to have to get there without them.
This was a good read hats off to you.

This was a good read hats off to you.
kool didnt like recruiting and jess is a new freshface. it wont be easy.
that being said, i think if we somehow pulled a kid like chaney, it makes up for it because most people tell me they think ingraham
is overrated. he's still fast as **** for his size imo

*yawn*

You're saying that there will always be kids that burn Miami? Well no ****, that's been happening for ages. We're in the most loaded recruiting ground in the country, we're not going to get everybody. But if you think winning, and putting up points on the scoreboard isn't going to help us recruit, you're out of your **** mind.

On top of winning, you have to have good recruiters too. Our staff doesn't exactly knock people dead when they walk into the room.
Coach, in your opinion, who on our staff do you consider to be great recruiters? On both sides of the ball please

Advertisement
Back