Not sold on Kayaa...

• Thread starter Deleted member 1823
  • Start date
Its "aircraft" for singular and plural.

I'm trying to remember what game I last saw with an OL that never got beat, a defense that never got scored upon, receivers that were all 6-4 and cornerback killing (who also ran perfect routes)...Oh yeah, NEVER.

It never happens but if one or more of those things happen, the QB does not have to do as much which is my point. I think that's the point of having a QB; keep him clean, have a decent running game, and have reliable receivers so he doesn't have to throw a lot(21st in the nation in attempts) and his "deficiencies" aren't as evident.

Okay, you're describing a game manager; is that what Kaaya is in your estimation?

the best quarterbacks are game managers. Elite quarterbacks are not? explain

Okay, guess your tutor isn't around to do your research:

Elite QB vs. Game Manager: A Disccussion - Operation Sports Forums

Advertisement
Let's try this. Where does Kaaya rank in the ACC amongst QB's? If your answer is any number lower than 2 please explain.

MIATL already did that, but your premise is flawed. Kaaya may rank higher or lower than another teams QB, but the expectations of him and in concert, the belief in him by this fan base are greater than any of the other QB's, even Golson (see Dalvin Cook). This whole team needs work, including Kaaya. Lets get this out of the way: I know I am not blaming him for the losses, that is on Golden and Golden alone. However, you have to be objective in looking at Kaaya's performance and a lot of fans refuse to do so.

I'm being extremely objective and the stat MIATL used is grossly misrepresentative. My premise that I'm trying to get across is if you lined up all the QB's in the ACC or college as a whole, where would you pick Kaaya? He'd be my second pick the ACC and probably my 7th QB overall.

The expectations of the fanbase of Kaaya is its own problem. The perception that he is the best QB on Earth and therefore no matter what he does in game can't change that can't be helped. He has lots of room to improve and he is far from perfect. Is he very good? Yes. Is he elite? Yes. Is he some all-American and best QB in school history? Absolutely not.

Okay, pretty easy if you wan't me to keep it ACC, heck even keep it in the Coastal

- Tom Sirk, Duke

- Marquise Williams, UNC

- Kaaya

I've seen a lot of college football from the 70s on...The first two give me a better chance at winning right now.

lose me here. No way, especially Williams. Williams has already lost a game this year with 2 picks in the endzone against a horrible South Carolina team.

Did Kaaya seal the deal against Nebraska in the second half? Did he throw for any TD's in Cincy?

MIATL already did that, but your premise is flawed. Kaaya may rank higher or lower than another teams QB, but the expectations of him and in concert, the belief in him by this fan base are greater than any of the other QB's, even Golson (see Dalvin Cook). This whole team needs work, including Kaaya. Lets get this out of the way: I know I am not blaming him for the losses, that is on Golden and Golden alone. However, you have to be objective in looking at Kaaya's performance and a lot of fans refuse to do so.

I'm being extremely objective and the stat MIATL used is grossly misrepresentative. My premise that I'm trying to get across is if you lined up all the QB's in the ACC or college as a whole, where would you pick Kaaya? He'd be my second pick the ACC and probably my 7th QB overall.

The expectations of the fanbase of Kaaya is its own problem. The perception that he is the best QB on Earth and therefore no matter what he does in game can't change that can't be helped. He has lots of room to improve and he is far from perfect. Is he very good? Yes. Is he elite? Yes. Is he some all-American and best QB in school history? Absolutely not.

Okay, pretty easy if you wan't me to keep it ACC, heck even keep it in the Coastal

- Tom Sirk, Duke

- Marquise Williams, UNC

- Kaaya

I've seen a lot of college football from the 70s on...The first two give me a better chance at winning right now.

lose me here. No way, especially Williams. Williams has already lost a game this year with 2 picks in the endzone against a horrible South Carolina team.

Did Kaaya seal the deal against Nebraska in the second half? Did he throw for any TD's in Cincy?

he did plenty in the Nebraska game, had some hard luck with penalties. had some hard luck in the cincy game too with Njoku falling on his *** and Brady not holding on to a ball. Now we are talking semantics, he didn't do anything to put his team in a bad position either. He executed the plan he was asked and how he is coached. he is not going to go rogue and just do what he wants. Lets be real here.

Let's try this. Where does Kaaya rank in the ACC amongst QB's? If your answer is any number lower than 2 please explain.

- Tom Sirk, Duke

- Marquise Williams, UNC

- Kaaya

Ugh. Kaaya is a superior passer to both of those guys.

2:1 3:2 or 5:1 TD-to-Pick ratio.

868, 711, and 1094 passing yards.

All the while Kaaya has to do so under Coley's abysmal play calling and Williams has superior offensive coaching and Sirk has Cutcliffe.

Stats don't win games, people do. Trying to think what positive statistical category Terry Bradshaw ever led in other than Super Bowl rings.

No way to prove your point besides switching QBs and teams, since you credit Sirk and Williams victorious results to their coaching and absolve Kaaya's losses because of his...It's Occam's razor.

Williams and Sirk will play against Kaaya, lets see how that turns out...

- Tom Sirk, Duke

- Marquise Williams, UNC

- Kaaya

All the while Kaaya has to do so under Coley's abysmal play calling and Williams has superior offensive coaching and Sirk has Cutcliffe.

Stats don't win games, people do. Trying to think what positive statistical category Terry Bradshaw ever led in other than Super Bowl rings.

No way to prove your point besides switching QBs and teams, since you credit Sirk and Williams victorious results to their coaching and absolve Kaaya's losses because of his...It's Occam's razor.

So Terry Bradshaw won those games all by himself with his unbelievable talent? Don't get me wrong he deserves credit but no one is including Terry Bradshaw in an argument for best QBs of all time. he was a good QB on really good team.

Advertisement

- Tom Sirk, Duke

- Marquise Williams, UNC

- Kaaya

Terry Bradshaw had the best long term team defense in the history of the professional sport to fall back on and had two hall of fame receivers and a hall of fame running back to compliment him. I don't see Kaaya currently enjoying such a luxury other than maybe the running back. Bradshaw wasn't asked to do what Roger Staubach was. He was asked to do what Bob Griese did. He didn't personally explode statistically until the latter half of his career.

Fair enough about the unprovability of my point but if you're crediting Sirk and/or Williams for the primary success of the team then I think you're misguided. That's like giving Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson credit for their super bowl wins and saying that they're better than Dan Marino, Jim Kelly, or Dan Fouts because they couldn't get over the hump. And you are misrepresenting what I said. I'm saying that Sirk and Williams have an advantage that Kaaya does not by having better coaching and I'm not absolving Kaaya of his loss. He played bad against Cincinnati, pure and simple. He singlehandedly shredded Nebraska. Sirk looked like garbage against Northwestern and Williams looked the same against South Carolina. All three QB's have the same amount of losses so far and Kaaya has played a larger role in his team's success. You're ignoring coaching advantages and disadvantages and acting like I said it was the sole differing quality when I'm saying it's an important contributing factor.

Williams's and Sirk's teams will play against Kaaya's teams and that will show us who has the better team, not automatically who is the better QB. Ken O'Brien has a winning record against Dan Marino and he is hardly a better QB than Dan.

giphy.gif

Been watching games all day and I love Brad as a great kid and a pocket passer but is it a liablilty that he cannot run or throw on the run? Yes it is. Unless you run the Patriots offense or your Oline is stacked, your QB has to be perfect. We would be better off running a pro style offense with Kayaa or running the spread with Rozier. Now all of you can bash me for not mentioning how bad our coaches are even though I agree with you.

“Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.” ~Albert Einstein

Let's ask ourselves why Kaaya is being rolled out anyway? Peyton Manning cannot run or throw on the run, but he has done just fine. Sure though, I'll concede Kaaya can improve on his movement within the pocket.

Advertisement
Kaaya is not the issue. He is clearly part of the solution. The rubbish bin coaching is the issue.

It's always easy to point at the players when the team is underperforming.

Kyle Wright was the #1 QB in the country (out of Monte Vista) when we got him. Amazing how he underperformed with horrible coaching. I have a feeling we'd be singing a different tune about Wright if he had a quality HC while he was here (as well as many, many other top players we've got out of high school over the past 14 years of underperformance).

Brock Berlin was the #1 QB out of Evangel Christian. He got decent coaching in high school and, of course with Spurrier for a couple years, but didn't improve any here - he was successful because of his prior coaching.

Teddy Bridgewater wouldn't have performed nearly as well if he had signed with Miami. Players need development. It's quite clear that they haven't been getting it in Miami for far too long....

Been watching games all day and I love Brad as a great kid and a pocket passer but is it a liablilty that he cannot run or throw on the run? Yes it is. Unless you run the Patriots offense or your Oline is stacked, your QB has to be perfect. We would be better off running a pro style offense with Kayaa or running the spread with Rozier. Now all of you can bash me for not mentioning how bad our coaches are even though I agree with you.

Kaaya's being managed by the football equivalent of Don King, with a lousy cut man in his corner.

He looked good enough as a true Freshman last season. Problem is instead of building upon last season, Golden decided to give him a new offensive scheme to digest and run. Just another decision I can't figure out for the life of me. There was a side of the ball that he needed to change and it wasn't the offensive side.

Advertisement
Some real idiots around here. We have a true sophmore qb that doesnt throw many interceptions. Has one of the worst wr groups weve ever had. And is playing for the worst coach we have ever had. Yet some think he is part of the problem.

I'm one of the biggest supporters of kaaya on the board. But let's face it he was good at times and bad at times as well. The coaches are not trusting him to throw in the redzone which is why we lost. He also was audibiling into a run and 3rd and long and you simply can not win like that period. I don't know if that was coley or him. But that sh*t can't be happening. And then he overthrew some receivers when they were open as well. He had an average game. Not great and not bad either.

Advertisement
I'm not sold either. Reminds me of Morris with better leadership skills and a weaker arm.

Kaaya looked really weak when i saw him with my Mark I eyeball Thursday night. Seems to have regressed and definitely nowhere near as accurate as he was last year in the loss at GT (my other recent in-person game). He reads defenses slowly and gets jittery when he steps up in the pocket.

Last year he had limited experience with Al and Coley's exceptional coaching. This year he has the benefit of an off season and spring under their expert eyes. They have done what they do best: Screwed up another player!

Advertisement
Back