Not sold on Kayaa...

• Thread starter Deleted member 1823
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1823

Been watching games all day and I love Brad as a great kid and a pocket passer but is it a liablilty that he cannot run or throw on the run? Yes it is. Unless you run the Patriots offense or your Oline is stacked, your QB has to be perfect. We would be better off running a pro style offense with Kayaa or running the spread with Rozier. Now all of you can bash me for not mentioning how bad our coaches are even though I agree with you.

Advertisement
lol maybe if we actually recruited someone that could move. Rosier is not the answer. Kaaya is pretty decent. our receivers cant get open and we run the worst offense in america with no identity

Been watching games all day and I love Brad as a great kid and a pocket passer but is it a liablilty that he cannot run or throw on the run? Yes it is. Unless you run the Patriots offense or your Oline is stacked, your QB has to be perfect. We would be better off running a pro style offense with Kayaa or running the spread with Rozier. Now all of you can bash me for not mentioning how bad our coaches are even though I agree with you.

So far, Brad's been good, not great.

Corches (note spelling) suck.

BUTCH DAVIS

Kaaya looked really weak when i saw him with my Mark I eyeball Thursday night. Seems to have regressed and definitely nowhere near as accurate as he was last year in the loss at GT (my other recent in-person game). He reads defenses slowly and gets jittery when he steps up in the pocket.

Advertisement
Build around your best player....That's a coaching problem. If Kaaya excels in the pocket get one of the best OL coaches to fortify the OL.

Kaaya may not be a "great" QB in college because of his lack of speed but will be a top 5 pick in another 2 years.

Kaaya looked really weak when i saw him with my Mark I eyeball Thursday night. Seems to have regressed and definitely nowhere near as accurate as he was last year in the loss at GT (my other recent in-person game). He reads defenses slowly and gets jittery when he steps up in the pocket.

That tends to happen when you receive constant pressure; see Ryan Tannehill.

I was there and the pressure was not that bad despite Gall looking like he was a Freshman back at Moeller on that Cincinnati field. Kaaya moved up in the pocket and froze on his progression, then threw behind or overthrew his receivers. The only way he gets better is a new coaching staff that doesn't tell him he is the next Tom Brady or Andrew Luck, but pushes him to get better. He was anointed and it shows.

Advertisement

I was there and the pressure was not that bad despite Gall looking like he was a Freshman back at Moeller on that Cincinnati field. Kaaya moved up in the pocket and froze on his progression, then threw behind or overthrew his receivers. The only way he gets better is a new coaching staff that doesn't tell him he is the next Tom Brady or Andrew Luck, but pushes him to get better. He was anointed and it shows.

I don't people anointing him has anything to do with his play. Didn't watch the entire game but don't use one game to analyze a QB's play. Like you said, a new staff would do wonders; he's not even in an offense that fits him with us running a pseudo pro-style/spread.

It's called not getting good coaching..you watching Will Grier right now looking like a stud for UF?

Advertisement
I didn't think Kaaya was that impressive, either.

And his lack of athleticism makes those read option looks useless. The kid is Peyton Manning, without the high football IQ and deep ball touch.

I actually think Kaaya would be a detriment to hiring Herman or Fuente. They both need QBs who CAN be mobile.

crossover22[]_[];2307327 said:
These threads crack me up. Dude is a stud.

They're not going to understand until he's gone. Dude is only a sophomore lol. There are no perfect QB's in CFB; the #1 prospect QB Jared Goff for next year's draft is very similar to Kaaya.

They're not going to understand until he's gone. Dude is only a sophomore lol. There are no perfect QB's in CFB; the #1 prospect QB Jared Goff for next year's draft is very similar to Kaaya.

Kaaya is great. Hating these coaches is understandable but hating on kaaya is retarded.

Advertisement

I remember threads with posters talking about Jacory being a late round pick. I remember threads talking about Stephen Morris being an early round pick. I remember threads talking about how good Ryan Williams was going to be for us.

My point?

Miami fans always think our QB is the next Heisman candidate, or at minimum, thinking they are much better than they are. Kaaya won't even be all-coferebce when we end this season.

That's not to say he's terrible. But he's far from being a stud. And much of the pub he got last season was because Deshawn Watson was injured. If he finishes last season, he'd have gotten even more pub.

Kaaya needs a running game to play his best. Teams that stifle our ground game will handle us ... That's pretty much the opposite of Kaaya being a stud.

Kaaya will actually have 2 years to grow and develop under Butch.

Unlike his predecessors who all peaked as Freshman and Sophmores before deteriorating in the Coker/Shannon/Golden wasteland of corching and skeemz.

Advertisement
Back