NOT so very good news on JC Jackson....

deerob305

Junior
Got this from a Gator Blog Writer Zach Abolverdi...he is actually pretty credible...

For the past few months, the actions of Immokalee athlete J.C. Jackson have suggested his commitment to Florida is one that won’t last.

He has taken four trips to Miami, scheduled an official visit to Florida State and been unwilling to discuss the status of his UF pledge at times.

However, one of his family members says he intends to sign with the Gators.

Jackson’s uncle, Duke Rice, called The Sun this weekend to let it be known where his nephew stands with his recruitment.

“J.C. is ready to shut it down,” Rice said. “He’s tired of the process and all these interviews. His mind is made up on Florida. He doesn’t want to go to Miami or Florida State. He wants to go to Florida. He told me that.”

Since the decommitments of Dalvin Cook and Ermon Lane, Jackson has been expected to follow suit because of his previous comments that he would like to play with them in college.

But their decisions will not influence him, according to Rice.

“He called me the other day,” Rice said, “and told me, ‘I don’t care what they do. That’s them. I’m my own man.’

“So he’s going to do what’s best for him. I know that he’s never been a follower his whole life.”

The Under Armour All-American still plans to visit to FSU this month with his uncle, but Rice insists the trip isn’t an indication of Jackson wavering.

“He’s a kid and just wants to enjoy himself,” Rice said. “It’s a free visit to go have fun for a weekend. He also went (on official visits) to Miami and Minnesota, and he isn’t going to those schools. He wants to go to Florida. That’s where his heart is.”

Advertisement
Advertisement
All I knw is the staff better have a plan C cause Bethel decommitted, now this news on JC Jackson...and they seemed so confident about him now if this is true about Florida, now who we looking at??? Patrick Porter, the kid from Alabama...Kendall Randolph from Tally???

Last edited:
Got this from a Gator Blog Writer Zach Abolverdi...he is actually pretty credible...

For the past few months, the actions of Immokalee athlete J.C. Jackson have suggested his commitment to Florida is one that won’t last.

He has taken four trips to Miami, scheduled an official visit to Florida State and been unwilling to discuss the status of his UF pledge at times.

However, one of his family members says he intends to sign with the Gators.

Jackson’s uncle, Duke Rice, called The Sun this weekend to let it be known where his nephew stands with his recruitment.

“J.C. is ready to shut it down,” Rice said. “He’s tired of the process and all these interviews. His mind is made up on Florida. He doesn’t want to go to Miami or Florida State. He wants to go to Florida. He told me that.”

Since the decommitments of Dalvin Cook and Ermon Lane, Jackson has been expected to follow suit because of his previous comments that he would like to play with them in college.

But their decisions will not influence him, according to Rice.

“He called me the other day,” Rice said, “and told me, ‘I don’t care what they do. That’s them. I’m my own man.’

“So he’s going to do what’s best for him. I know that he’s never been a follower his whole life.”

The Under Armour All-American still plans to visit to FSU this month with his uncle, but Rice insists the trip isn’t an indication of Jackson wavering.

“He’s a kid and just wants to enjoy himself,” Rice said. “It’s a free visit to go have fun for a weekend. He also went (on official visits) to Miami and Minnesota, and he isn’t going to those schools. He wants to go to Florida. That’s where his heart is.”

He is going to be a uf/FSU battle all the way to nsd

Advertisement
Let me get this straight, he told Lane and Cook he's going to FSU, he silent commited to Miami, and now he told his uncle he's staying with Florida. We all don't know anything until NSD with him.

This is funny because at the UA game one of his uncles told me FL was basically out of it and that MIA was his leader.

Advertisement
i don't envy any staff having to deal with this every day, year in and year out. i honestly think it get worse every year.

Advertisement
Zach doesn't know ****. One of the worst out there, which is why he works for the Gainesville sun.

Advertisement
Back