Not so positive news

Advertisement
The rules regarding transfers haven’t changed besides no longer having to sit out one year. A lot of people assumed they’d make a change regarding initial counters to reflect guys transferring out but they haven’t done anything yet. If you entered the portal before they actually made a decision, that’s on you. I feel like a lot of these guys are going to learn the hard way that schools don’t want to use one of their limited counters on a kid who will only be there for a year. The high end guys will always find somewhere to play but a lot of these career backup type of players may find that the grass isn’t greener.
I hear you but everyone expects extra initial counters as kids were given a free year of eligibility. The NCAA is just dragging their feet on this for some reason.

Don was the clear best back in spring and separating before he got hurt. Just need him to heal up.

As for Cam, he’s underrated. Is he a true franchise Canes back? No. He doesn’t have that kind of contact balance and ability to make consistent gains. But for all the talk about our explosive young guys, Cam is the only back who has made house calls.

He works hard, catches well and hits home runs. He’s a good football player and will help us.

Dude all you have to do is google Don Chaney Jr injury and there's your first page.

He's had ankle and shoulder injuries since HS.

View attachment 145665

Before his first shoulder injury.

I'm not saying his shoulder won't heal and he'll be good to go/play through pain but thinking he's injury prone isn't ridiculous.

I just guess you’re missing my point.

Getting injured is irrelevant.

If you play football, you’ll get some kind of injury every game. From bruises and contusions, to much worse. But you’ll get them. Unless you’re just not playing. That’s why I’m saying injuries are irrelevant.

It’s playing time that’s relevant. It’s missing games that’s relevant.

Come talk to me when he starts missing a lot of actual playing time and full games.

So far he’s missed 1/2 of a game in his college career. Out of how many possible games? In the end, that’s all that counts.

Advertisement
That's about as good as you're gonna hear after a guy has surgery.
I was pleasently surprised that Manny gave as much injury info as he did. He began his presser with the info before taking questions.

Advertisement
Back