Not So fast on Collins to ARK as finished!

In the interview he mentioned that he had not even told his parents where he was going. Now I am not sure I believe that, but I am also not believing he chose Arkansas. If true his parents might be giving him an earful today. Arkansas is literally almost in the middle of the US. Those are some expensive trips for parents to have to make to see their kid play. Of course this is the $EC after all so maybe all expense paid trips were part of the package. This is mind blowing.

Advertisement
my head cannot wrap around the idea of this kid going to ******* Arkansas. mind boggling

There are a few things I think that are unfolding that may leave a crack for a change of heart on Alex Collin's part regarding UM. I do believe his coach has orchestrated this whole commitment to ARK with feeding Collins selective information on UM. I think he was ready to commit to UM, but the kirkland fiasco spooked him, and they used it masterfully.

But with AC wanting to be a feature back at Ark I don't think he has stayed informed on there recruitment efforts over the last week or so. Because ARK accepted the commitment from the Texas RB Denzall Evans who is 6' 210lbs an runs a 4.5 40yd; does that sound like someone we know? Him then they took a commitment from RB Korliss Marshall 6' 190lbs 4.5 40yd (again sound like someone we know) but has said ARK told him he will get along look at Safety, although he has almost exclusively played RB his WHOLE LIFE (cough cough not moving to DB).

With the final straw being ARK has stayed on the instate star & BAMA commit Altee Tenpenny 6' 212lb 4.45 40yd. Now here is where it gets VERY INTERESTING Tenpenny has been solid to BAMA for over a year but with BAMA making a late full court press for RB Alvin Kamara, reports are TenPenny is not thrilled about a 4 RB commits in one class an this would push him to ARK. Which would severally dampen Alex Collins chance to be the feature back, with the ARK hometown superstar on the team as well.

I think a lot of this posturing has been kept from Collins, especially with the previous reports of his coach keeping him isolated from everyone. I am seeing a potential tragic ending of this if AC does sign at ARK, when HS HC can hit the last minute Over rider button to trump both Mom, Girlfriend, and informed common sense (which I trully believe AC has not been informed on the latest developments).

But like I said there is still a small window for him to flip back to UM once & if all this comes to his attention. My other question is if he is not 18, then he needs his Mom's signature on the LOI. An if she is soooo pro UM as many insiders have stated, then how can he go to ARK if she refuses to sign the LOI

Go Canes

If you don't think the kid has "stayed informed" then why all of the sudden would he become informed in the two days following his announcement? There is a fine line between optimism and delusion, and I'm afraid you crossed it.

Advertisement
Time to move on.

True to his word, Bielema WILL give him ALL the carries in the world. Let him be the featured back, get his yards (and some awards) and, importantly, get beat up by NFL defenses. He can then move onto an outstanding 1.5 year NFL career thanks to all the mileage Bielema will have put on him. After all, how many Wisky RBs have ever made it big in the NFL? Ron Dayne?

There's a reason the NFL is moving further away from drafting 1st round RBs. Some of these kids have too many carries by the time they get to the pros.

F#ck that Charlie Pride redneck wannabe. He made his ***gotty choice that made Corch Bloats happy. F#ck em both.

most of the OP's original post was terrible.
but, how did kirkland spook collins?
and i agree, he will not finish his career at ark.

Advertisement
If Alex wants to be in Arkansas then bounce, but we keep Amy playboy, she belongs to the Canes.

Advertisement
His next commitment to a Florida team will be to FAU in a year or two. He will understand his mistake in the first year....

Unfortunately this, I feel bad for the kid bc it seems like he's one of the few kids in SoFla that has his head on straight. Another example of a young man putting his trust into a male figure with an agenda.

If Alex Collins wanted to be a feature back he sure picked an odd place to do it at. Fayettsville, Arkansas at the University of Arkansas rated a lowly 134 by U.S. News & World Report. A football stadium with artificial turf, a running backs worst nightmare and on top of that a mediocre team in a lousy climate where temperatures frequently go below zero. Good luck Alex, good bye NFL.

doesn't make any sense at all. the Coach is obviously pulling the strings and most likely gaining something from this

Advertisement
I don't think there is any question that AC went where his coach told him to go. If Partridge went to Colorado that is where this kid would have landed. It has nothing to do with Arkansas as a school. He was going where ever Gatewood steered him. That crap happens in recruiting. Adults use kids for their own gain. I would not be surprised in the least if his coach suddenly accepts a job out there.

I think it's a poor decision on his part. Would not be surprised to see him transfer in 2 years.

Advertisement
Back