Not breaking news, but…

Advertisement
Clemson game could have been a blessing and a curse. Mario saw he could win by relying on the defense. So with TVD struggling he probably told Dawson to use the same game plan they did with the rookie QB going forward. That clearly did not work last week. Maybe Mario wakes up and just let's Dawson go full A&M game plan. He has to know we are not going to shut down that FSU offense to less then 24 points? He has to right? Someone help me out here lol.

Stop acting like the sky is falling. Y’all think it’s possible Dawson oversold his abilities?

Regardless how you feel about Mario, Dawson has failed this season. He’s the QB coach and our QB has regressed beyond levels we ever thought possible. Then you pair that with the QB recruiting? C’mon now.

Oh and last but not least, Dawson was supposed to be so so close with Geno Smith and couldn’t even convince Jeremiah to stay home. Honestly what advantage has Dawson brought? Lots of coaches could do what he’s doing.

Rumors like this are hard to just accept on message boards, but absolutely make sense on paper.

Nothing else explains how we can dominate an A&M defense, which is a good unit, and then proceed to return to an incompetent offense that can’t score on mid to bottom tier ACC teams. It’s head scratching.

So if this is true:

1. Dawson has nice offense to start season
2. Mario intervenes and offense gets worse
3. Dawson has possible fix
4. Mario declines fix and offense gets even worse
5. Dawson gets heat internally for not fixing offense

This is the part that is speculative. But what we do know is that something happened during the bye week that prompted this offense to completely sputter.

I can't imagine that Mario stepped and said "Dawson, you had a great run, let me take over."

Advertisement
Something needs to be done. F that Mario and his Columbus Crew BS...Rad & Zo need to sit his Gargantuan Head down and read him the riot act for the betterment of the program.
Do you think Rad as enough pull from Admin to MAKE Mario make the right changes & stop his meddling ways…What are the former guys saying at the moment many of which played here while MARIO was a GA 😭 ( I ask in scarism ) …

Advertisement
Curious did the GT situation affect Mario into wanting to knock down the aggressiveness/passing game?!

If so he’s an idiot as that was his mistake for not directing the kneel and escaping (at the time) TVDs worst game of the season

Something happened during that bye week going into GT that completely changes the offense

LSU might have the worst defense in the country. So when are they gonna come calling for Guidry? It’s gonna keep getting harder and harder for Mario to get coaches to work for him.

You can also forget a top portal QB and other players without coordinators.

Here are the actual facts:

-The offense was a top 10 offense in the country up until Ga Tech
-Our starting QB had a mental breakdown during that game and has not recovered, and the offense has never looked the same
-Opposing defenses are running the same scheme EVERY GAME against us that we cannot scheme around
-There is absolutely no creativity on offense anymore

You can say all you want that Mario is sabotaging our season in the background but the reality is we have a QB who has lost his mind and an OC that can't figure out how to beat zone coverage. None of that is on Mario. He may be an absolutely horrible game day coach but I don't for a second believe the offensive struggles are on him and not Dawson. The offensive line, Mario and Mirabel's area, is giving TVD ALL FREAKING DAY to throw the ball and Dawson can't figure out a way to get people the ball.

And honestly, I don't blame Mario for slowing the game down. If TVD cannot complete a pass your only hope is to keep it low scoring, which worked against UVA and Clemson. And almost worked against NC State. How quickly we forget the Lashlee 3 and outs that took 17 seconds off the clock and would get us behind 3 scores before we could blink. This team cannot come back from behind with TVD.

Mods, can we IP check this one? This feels like it originated in CG…

Advertisement
Stop acting like the sky is falling. Y’all think it’s possible Dawson oversold his abilities?

Regardless how you feel about Mario, Dawson has failed this season. He’s the QB coach and our QB has regressed beyond levels we ever thought possible. Then you pair that with the QB recruiting? C’mon now.

Oh and last but not least, Dawson was supposed to be so so close with Geno Smith and couldn’t even convince Jeremiah to stay home. Honestly what advantage has Dawson brought? Lots of coaches could do what he’s doing.
Sounds like we need a new OC, who hired the last two?

This is the part that is speculative. But what we do know is that something happened during the bye week that prompted this offense to completely sputter.

I can't imagine that Mario stepped and said "Dawson, you had a great run, let me take over."

The game plan against GT was probably to run it down their throats because they had the worst run defense in the country. But they changed their defensive coordinator and things changed. Which probably explains why it looked like an odd offensive performance. But with all that...

...TVD threw two INTs inside their 25 and threw an INT inside our own 25. He took 14 points off the board we could have had and then gave them 10 with the other. It was not a great offensive performance but if the dude doesn't throw those INTs it's a massively different game, and that ending doesn't happen.

You're talking about a game that could have easily been 34-7. GT had one drive (outside the ending) over 50 yards.

Advertisement
@Ghandi so your source is BIASED, but you are trying to blame this on Mario?

What would YOU do in the passing game if you had a QB that throws the most basic of INT'S?

WE DID NOT GET CONSERVATIVE AFTER the bye. That is a stupid narrative parroted by ignorant Miami fans.

The 2 games coming off the BYE week Miami had 51 total first downs and averaged 468 totals yards per game. We averaged 340 passing yards per game! BRO STYLE BABY!!

No we got more conservative after those 2 games because TVD threw 5 INT'S, and we had 9 total turnovers. If you were a HEAD COACH would you not think wow we may need to lean on run little more, quit putting the ball in harms way as much, and lean on defense a little more as the way our QB is playing its not a formula for winning football when he is seeing ghosts, and throwing just horrible interceptions.

Also the Clemson game we had to start Emory so of course that gameplan would be much more consevative. Well it worked, we come back out against UVA try putting it in the air against UVA, and TVD is throwing bad picks again.

I want an offense that runs more tempo, I want to see a new QB, and I want to see an aggressive open offense. I just don't think we have a QB room that can execute that right now either with no confidence in TVD, no experience in Emory, and not a talented passer in Jacurri.

I dont think Dawson was a slam dunk hire by any means. I don't think he is the crunchiest pickle in the barrell. I think their are more talented brighter mind OC's out there than Dawson. I think the Dawson hire was a hire that shows Mario is willing to try different styles offensively.

My source is very biased, of that there is no doubt.

I would spread it out and run tempo, flood the zones with route concepts (sail, etc), and run more draws and delays into those 3 man fronts on third downs.

I haven’t seen any of those things done.

Advertisement
Back