Not breaking news, but…

LOL you gotta be a huge homer to think Mario actually called a single play there. he didnt do **** at Oregon other than have a title for pay reasons. the same as the poly guy here has a title beyond his level of contribution
I never claimed that he did. He was co-coordinator and that what was being asked. "Has Mario even been a coordinator before"? That was question. And yes he has. Has he called plays? That's a different question. Don't move the goal posts.

Advertisement
Lol.

Yes, THAT is the timeline. The offense got worse when Mario intervened. Not the other major thing that happened with the guy who has the ball all the time. Unless Mario is giving TVD meth before the games him intervening was not the next sequence in your timeline.

1. Dawson has nice offense to start season
2. Mario introduces TVD to meth
3. TVD gets addicted to meth
4. Dawson has possible fix for meth addiction
5. Mario declines meth addiction fix and offense gets even worse
6. Dawson gets heat internally for not fixing offense
Meth may actually help TVD. Maybe Mario confused the method for the fentanayl he was slipping into JWill's Gatorade to try to limit his aggression

Idk what Sean Mcvay or Kyle Shannahan could do with a QB who can’t read zone coverage and has 10+ turnovers in 4 games

Kinda takes the creativity out of the gameplan and forces you to try and protect him from himself **** near
They wouldn't keep running him out there.

No, Mario meddling started right before he didn't take a knee vs GT. He's been meddling ever since.

Since GT

UNC - TVD 49 passes, RBs 22 rushes
Clem - Williams 33 passes, RBs 38 rushes
UVA - TVD 30 passes, RBs 26 rushes
NCst - TVD 38 passes, RBs 32 rushes

Before GT

Temple - TVD 25 passes, RBs 42 rushes
Bethune - TVD/Williams 34 passes, RBs 36 rushes
A&M - TVD 30 passes, RBs 24 rushes
MiaOH - TVD 25 passes, RBs 36 rushes

So what we are to believe is that after the GT debacle, Mario and Mirabal decided to meddle with the game planning and play calling to pass the ball more? Really?

Look if Dawson is feeling the pressure and wants deflect blame he needs to come up a better reason than that shiit.

btw, I’d argue in the A&M game if they didn’t spot them the early 17 points off turnovers and penalties that Miami would have run the ball more that game too.

Advertisement
Dawson is done here at the end of the season.

Not happy with the amount of meddling by Mario and his boyfriend (Mirabal), and his ideas to fix TVD (limit the thinking by speeding up the pace of the game) has been nixed in order to play “complementary football”.

He’s also getting some heat internally for not being able to script plays to start games to get TVD in rhythm. While this is well deserved, you can’t really roast his *** if one of the fixes he’s pitched has been declined. As a professional, he should be able to come up with a scheme (it’s been 5-weeks) to mask some of this **** and he just can’t.

Two things -

^ I believe it’s true that he’s unhappy, but the source is biased. To me, this is a bit of CYA as the season ends on a major thud. Like Gattis, the stink of this type of prolonged failure is brutal for the resume.
^ TVD’s inability to develop as a player claims yet another OC’s career. It’s no secret I have a personal dislike for him, and this only strengthens my criticism that he’s an unaccountable *** clown.

Believe what you wish, and **** all of your mothers.
Lol, so in much simpler terms there is no reason to follow the football program for a while. Good to know

Since GT

UNC - TVD 49 passes, RBs 22 rushes
Clem - Williams 33 passes, RBs 38 rushes
UVA - TVD 30 passes, RBs 26 rushes
NCst - TVD 38 passes, RBs 32 rushes

Before GT

Temple - TVD 25 passes, RBs 42 rushes
Bethune - TVD/Williams 34 passes, RBs 36 rushes
A&M - TVD 30 passes, RBs 24 rushes
MiaOH - TVD 25 passes, RBs 36 rushes

So what we are to believe is that after the GT debacle, Mario and Mirabal decided to meddle with the game planning and play calling to pass the ball more? Really?

Look if Dawson is feeling the pressure and wants deflect blame he needs to come up a better reason than that shiit.

btw, I’d argue in the A&M game if they didn’t spot them the early 17 points off turnovers and penalties that Miami would have run the ball more that game too.
You usually throw the ball more when you’re losing…

Advertisement
dan mullen dancing GIF by Florida Gators
At least he likes to have a little fun, even if he is goofy AF, versus Mario's constant look of fear and confusion

Advertisement
Good for him.

He'll be the fall guy for this season, but his resume speaks for itself. No sense is throwing your career down the drain if you're not allowed to operate in full capacity the way you want.

Another one bites the dust...
Everything changed once we got into ACC play. Every **** thing. That's not a coincidence.

This is Marioball, plain and simple. This is what he wants. Keep the game low scoring and close, then flip a freaking coin. Dawson should leave and prove he's not the problem.

People saying Mario turned Dawson into Gattis. Yet folks acting like Mario is the only common denominator. Did everyone forget how TVD was in the first half his last trip to Doak? With Manny/LashleedaGawd?

Everyone got tired of Lashlee’s inside zone. People were swearing him up and down when we’d go 3 and out. So let’s call a spade a spade. We as UM fans are the most hyper critical in college football, we want to score 35+ a game. And that’s fair. But be objective. What’s also fair to say is until y’all see a unit that produces like a 2002 offense you won’t be happy.

I can’t even recall a QB who snowballs the way Tyler does.

Everyone step off the ******* ledge.

You usually throw the ball more when you’re losing…

Don’t have time to do the quarter by quarter splits but if Mario was really meddling do you think he would have let a shaky QB throw it on a third and long/goal? Score was 10-6 at that point and a chip shot FG would have made it a lot easier going forward.

I know a lot of you have anger towards Mario right now but use your heads this bs makes no sense.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Considering what my eyes have shown me the last 4-5 weeks, it aint that farfetched. Watching X come into tight formations and line up in line to block, shrinking the field significantly and a couple other idiotic things from a schematic standpoint IS something that we are seeing now that we did not see early on. Our HC isn’t extremely bright, we know that .. so if this was something that was completely unforeseen and out of the realm of possibility, then I’d push back on the OP … but it isn’t. The man is a gym coach meathead, and I wouldn’t blame Dawson one bit if he chunked the deuces on us.
Gym Coach Meathead. Poetic. I like it. Man, I’m down to liking negative names cause my Coach had ruined my Canes again. Gym Coach Meatball is it.

Advertisement
Back