Not a fan of the way Golden's recruiting

I can think of two cases recently where highly rated So Fla kids at positions of needs have been losing interest because of Miami not offering/showing interest: Mackensie Alexander and Quincy Wilson

Mackensie does not play a position of need. He has an offer and the coaching staff is interested in him. They aren't fully sold on his brother being a high-level BCS recruit. This will be a small recruiting class, so we don't have the luxury of passing out offers as part of a package deal.

Quincy is a 2014 recruit so there is still time.

Advertisement
You're basing this all on Internet non-sense, hype, etc. Obviously these guys are getting a chance to see these guys in person, evaluate them, and make a decision. Remember that Randy didn't hold camps in such a way as to allow the staff in person evaluations.

This time last year, the internet had everyone convinced that Jordan Cunningham was a must have at WR.... Now it doesn't seem to be a big deal.

Unless you've seen these kids play in person and have formed an opinion about them, then yes, I'll trust Golden's first-hand evaluations

Last edited:
I just kind of feal like the staff might be reaching too far for diamonds in the rough. obviously the staff knows what their doing more then me though.

I understand needing to see Mackenro before handing out an offer, but there's been word that Mackensie hasn't gotten offered either. Now we hear about Quincy Wilson and you got to wonder how Miami is letting these kids get away from them

Lot of bull**** out there too man, lot of bull****

Dude you are worrying about a 2014 recruit. Someone better take you shoelaces before Signing Day.

Advertisement
I can think of two cases recently where highly rated So Fla kids at positions of needs have been losing interest because of Miami not offering/showing interest: Mackensie Alexander and Quincy Wilson
... and T. Howard, D. Bush, McCord, AJL type of players? They where highly recruit types, top talent and Golden recruited them till the end.

What I mean, it´s too early to take just what one side is saying as the truth, even more because coaches can´t give their version of the history. Plus, like I said above, it´s not like Golden has anything against 5 stars recruits. He´s just recruiting the ones he think(not recruit sites) are elite or fit its system... time will tell if he was right or wrong with some kids, but it´s important to remember EVERY coach miss on some kids.

Until now, at least in my opinion, Golden earned the benefit of the doubt...

Last edited:
I see yall giving Golden the benefit of the doubt for offering kids with crap offer lists and passing up on highly recruited kids or not showing them any love, and I ask myself why? Golden hasn't done anything here yet. Look at the way the schools who are consistently in contention for NCs recruit and you'll find that their classes are loaded with top talent. Way too many kids that should be priorities have said that they are losing interest in Miami because this staff hasn't shown them that they want them here. It's concerning, no doubt.

yeah FSU has been dominating college football with all their big time star recruiting classes.

by a clew.

dummee.

I really don't see where you guys' confidence in this staff comes from, but it is what it is.

Well, I think most apply the logical research that shows he developed 1st round talent at Temple. The fact that he developed a winning culture at a university that was **** near win-less for 5-8 years. Also the fact that he reeled in some top talent last year to get a top 5 recruiting class with looming sanctions.

If this discussion was about on-the-field production, then you might have an argument because we havent seen it all come together yet. However, he has more than earned his due in the recruiting department.

Advertisement
I really don't see where you guys' confidence in this staff comes from, but it is what it is.

Well, I think most apply the logical research that shows he developed 1st round talent at Temple. The fact that he developed a winning culture at a university that was **** near win-less for 5-8 years. Also the fact that he reeled in some top talent last year to get a top 5 recruiting class with looming sanctions.

If this discussion was about on-the-field production, then you might have an argument because we havent seen it all come together yet. However, he has more than earned his due in the recruiting department.

The aura of Golden, a man who demands respect and is of high character, is something we havent had here since Jimmy Johnson. That alone tells me he will at least be better than his predecessors.

And I agree. We should be going after top talent not guys like Olsen, Dobard, Collins, Bryant, Thomas, Bostwick, Bain etc.

You sir are a genius.

Dude doesnt like goldens recruiting. Haha. Top 10 class while under ncaa investigation.

Fire him now!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement
Go root for Jimbo and Dabo then. You'll get plenty of 5 star recruits.

And a whole lot of mediocrity

Are you even remotely serious when you say you don't like Golden's recruiting?

Despite having inherited of a team that has basically been **** for the last almost 10 years, and as if that itself wasn't enough of a program that is currently under investigation by the NCAA that will, according to many rumors, apply harsh sanctions on Miami, the coach you are saying can't recruit hauled in a top 10 class in the nation last year, and looks very much on his way to have another amazing class this year.

This has to be one of the dumbest things I have ever read on this board.

Advertisement
So let me get this straight:

Al Golden cobbles together a top 10 recruiting class off the heels of a 6-6 season with no bowl game AND with sanctions looming, and you're not a fan of the way he's recruiting?

Is this trollin'?

Quincy Wilson is 18+ months away from signing. Whatever he says right now is irrelevant.

This

we haven't seen anyone step on the field yet from Golden's first recruiting cycle and people are already whining? smh (2011 doesn't count to me...not when you start recruiting a month before nsd).

Advertisement
Back