Not a fan of the way Golden's recruiting

L
I see yall giving Golden the benefit of the doubt for offering kids with crap offer lists and passing up on highly recruited kids or not showing them any love, and I ask myself why? Golden hasn't done anything here yet. Look at the way the schools who are consistently in contention for NCs recruit and you'll find that their classes are loaded with top talent. Way too many kids that should be priorities have said that they are losing interest in Miami because this staff hasn't shown them that they want them here. It's concerning, no doubt.
Troll, imo. Gtfooh.

Oh, and by the way, look at how umbrellas cause rain, amd aspirin causes headaches.

Advertisement
I see yall giving Golden the benefit of the doubt for offering kids with crap offer lists and passing up on highly recruited kids or not showing them any love, and I ask myself why? Golden hasn't done anything here yet. Look at the way the schools who are consistently in contention for NCs recruit and you'll find that their classes are loaded with top talent. Way too many kids that should be priorities have said that they are losing interest in Miami because this staff hasn't shown them that they want them here. It's concerning, no doubt.

troll

we haven't seen anyone step on the field yet from Golden's first recruiting cycle and people are already whining? smh (2011 doesn't count to me...not when you start recruiting a month before nsd).

well his 1st recruits are balling, he recruited Denzel who done took over for Sean Spence, he got Chick, McDermott, Finne and a few more... tey will be pivitol later...

Didn't AG bring in Feliciano, Dorsett, Scott, Chickillo, Perryman, Paul, Eddie Johnson, flip Finnie from South Carolina with about 2 months to actually recruit/ retain players? All those guys will be seeing significant PT this year. Didn't AG reel in a top 10 class with sanctions looming and coming off a 6-6 season?

Man, this guy sucks at recruiting.

Advertisement
L
Troll, imo. Gtfooh.

Oh, and by the way, look at how umbrellas cause rain, amd aspirin causes headaches.

View attachment 8621

Look a lot of you guys are making valid points and at the end of the day we went 6-6 last season but after what Al Golden pulled off last season in recruting and the changes in how we played (execution, effort, toughness, chemistry) I will give him the benefit of the doubt with any decisions he makes until further notice. We have a special one guys. A lot of us see it. Some want more results on the field first and that's understandable but it's only a matter of time. You don't turn around the worst program in the nation without knowing what you're doing. Just give it some time. The wins will come. And if they don't? He can't be worse than Shannon

Advertisement
Cane til I die my @ss. Exactly what coach meant by the fans having an inferiority complex. Probably the same guy that sits at home on saturdays and complains about attendance. And if he should happen to come across free tix, would leave when the Canes are down 7 in the second quarter. Our fans anger me sometimes. Really hope this guy is a troll and not a fan. Obviously knows nothing about recruiting. Stick to the Wez.

Advertisement
So let me get this straight:

Al Golden cobbles together a top 10 recruiting class off the heels of a 6-6 season with no bowl game AND with sanctions looming, and you're not a fan of the way he's recruiting?

Is this trollin'?

Quincy Wilson is 18+ months away from signing. Whatever he says right now is irrelevant.

Stop it, you're making too much sense. Yep, I'm convinced...

14.gif

Advertisement
ROFL I should've know this was the way you guys were going to react. So starved of greatness that you'll talk yourselves into anything.

Don't worry I won't be the one to say "I told you so".

I really don't see where you guys' confidence in this staff comes from, but it is what it is.

Top 10 Class year with sanctions looming. Plus what he did at Temple he turned a 2-star kid into a 1st rd draft pick, Golden can scout and develop talent!

agree, and welcome to the boards... and its easy to get confident from a staff after the previous coarched liked a bunch of nutless unorganized primates

View attachment 8623

i think the funniest thing is how a guy's stock can change in a short period of time. when miami got a verbal from riquan southward, he was an unrated prospect. then he committed to ohio state and by the time the dust settled he was a 4-star.

not only is it silly to determine a guy's skillset based on his offer list, it's even sillier when the kid hasn't even played his senior year.

ROFL I should've know this was the way you guys were going to react. So starved of greatness that you'll talk yourselves into anything.

Don't worry I won't be the one to say "I told you so".

the 2 examples you used were pretty bad.

Q. wilson is a 2014 kid and Golden still has 18 months to go.

and the Alexander bros want to be a package deal. 1 brother is elite and 1 isn't. Now if you ask me is it worth it I say yes offer both of them. But I don't have a 3 year recruiting plan like Golden has to see if its worth it down the road. This year Golden can only sign about 20. Plus you say your not a fan of the way he's recruiting but he leads or Top5/10 for alot of top recruits.

Bostwick, Bain, Burns, J.Carter, Cunningham, Coley, M.Thomas, Kirkland, Grace, and I'm probally missing a few. So not sure what part of Goldens recruiting you dont like.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back