Not a fan of the way Golden's recruiting

CaneTillIDie

Junior
I see yall giving Golden the benefit of the doubt for offering kids with crap offer lists and passing up on highly recruited kids or not showing them any love, and I ask myself why? Golden hasn't done anything here yet. Look at the way the schools who are consistently in contention for NCs recruit and you'll find that their classes are loaded with top talent. Way too many kids that should be priorities have said that they are losing interest in Miami because this staff hasn't shown them that they want them here. It's concerning, no doubt.

Advertisement
I can think of two cases recently where highly rated So Fla kids at positions of needs have been losing interest because of Miami not offering/showing interest: Mackensie Alexander and Quincy Wilson

This team has been **** for 10 years. I will give the new mans new approach alot of leeway before whining. Call us in 2.5 years before bytching.

Attitude, grades, family situations, available scholoships, sanctions.....lots of stuff outside of "talent" that may be @ play.

And I agree. We should be going after top talent not guys like Olsen, Dobard, Collins, Bryant, Thomas, Bostwick, Bain etc.

Advertisement
And I agree. We should be going after top talent not guys like Olsen, Dobard, Collins, Bryant, Thomas, Bostwick, Bain etc.

I never said that we weren't going after top talent, but you can't deny that there have been cases where the staff offers a kid whose previous best offer was Bowling Green or some sh*t and a week later we hear about a highly recruited So Fla kid not feeling the love from Miami

Guy has been forced to rebuild depth across the board and you are complaining about who he's offering in a class with limited numbers. Most of the so called fringe kids you are talking about earned offers at his camp which he has made a priority. He also asked the Alexander twins to show up and compete for an offer. If that rubs them the wrong way we will probably be better off without them. This team needs kids that are hungry and show up to earn their offers.

Look at H. Waters last year, going into the summer he wasn't a highly thought of prospect in the coaches eyes, or they were concerned about him moving to WR and dude showed up to every camp he could and changed minds. Seems like this year the Coaches aren't sold on McKenro, dude should get out their every chance he gets to show he deserves a ship in a year where we don't have any to give away.

I didn't realize they had to think every kid being recruited by other big schools was worthy of an offer. Thanks for enlightening me

I see yall giving Golden the benefit of the doubt for offering kids with crap offer lists and passing up on highly recruited kids or not showing them any love, and I ask myself why? Golden hasn't done anything here yet. Look at the way the schools who are consistently in contention for NCs recruit and you'll find that their classes are loaded with top talent. Way too many kids that should be priorities have said that they are losing interest in Miami because this staff hasn't shown them that they want them here. It's concerning, no doubt.

That's nice.

Advertisement

I never said that we weren't going after top talent, but you can't deny that there have been cases where the staff offers a kid whose previous best offer was Bowling Green or some sh*t and a week later we hear about a highly recruited So Fla kid not feeling the love from Miami

I think you are overreacting immensely. It's one of those things that just takes time to evaluate. We don't have the luxury of just going after 5 star after 5 star and if you read a lot of recruits interviews all they care about is the SEC. Unfortunate but true.

Hopefully we are on our way back but we have to show out on the field first. If you want to criticize Golden I think recruiting would be a reach. JMO.

Guy has been forced to rebuild depth across the board and you are complaining about who he's offering in a class with limited numbers. Most of the so called fringe kids you are talking about earned offers at his camp which he has made a priority. He also asked the Alexander twins to show up and compete for an offer. If that rubs them the wrong way we will probably be better off without them. This team needs kids that are hungry and show up to earn their offers.

Look at H. Waters last year, going into the summer he wasn't a highly thought of prospect in the coaches eyes, or they were concerned about him moving to WR and dude showed up to every camp he could and changed minds. Seems like this year the Coaches aren't sold on McKenro, dude should get out their every chance he gets to show he deserves a ship in a year where we don't have any to give away.

Funniest part is where you had guys crying about Waters because he wasn't the best WR on the team. Internet speak travels fast doesnt it? No mention of it being because of Ermon Lane, maybe the best **** receiver in the country for 2014.

Just got to wade through the crap sometimes especially with the ease of social media.

I understand needing to see Mackenro before handing out an offer, but there's been word that Mackensie hasn't gotten offered either. Now we hear about Quincy Wilson and you got to wonder how Miami is letting these kids get away from them

Advertisement
Sooo you'd rather have a coach who recruits kids based on star rankings than his own evaluations??? We've had alot of 4-5 star WR's here in the last couple of years and none of them (at any point of their UM career) showed the talent and potention of 2-star WR RaShawn Scott... FYI, Larry Coker recruited that way....

Golden is making 'borderkine' kids come to UM's camp and perform before the coaches before they receive offers. I'm not sure how this is bad for UM or the player.. There arent many super-recruits out there that come in as freshman and completely turn a program around. GIVE THE MAN SOME TIME... Atleast let the players he's recruited hit their senior year before you start questioning his plan

So let me get this straight:

Al Golden cobbles together a top 10 recruiting class off the heels of a 6-6 season with no bowl game AND with sanctions looming, and you're not a fan of the way he's recruiting?

Is this trollin'?

Quincy Wilson is 18+ months away from signing. Whatever he says right now is irrelevant.

Al Golden cobbles together a top 10 recruiting class off the heels of a 6-6 season with no bowl game AND with sanctions looming, and you're not a fan of the way he's recruiting?

Is this trollin'?

Quincy Wilson is 18+ months away from signing. Whatever he says right now is irrelevant.

Alexander is a turrible example as well. We have much more pressing needs than CB this year.

Talk to me in February(right after we crown Harbaugh)

Advertisement
I understand needing to see Mackenro before handing out an offer, but there's been word that Mackensie hasn't gotten offered either. Now we hear about Quincy Wilson and you got to wonder how Miami is letting these kids get away from them

Lot of bull**** out there too man, lot of bull****

Is this trollin'?

Alexander is a turrible example as well. We have much more pressing needs than CB this year.

Talk to me in February(right after we crown Harbaugh)

:fistbump:

Mannn STFU with all this *****in' bout who he doesn't offer, more goes into recruiting then some freakin stars and media hype. **** not every 4 or 5* player is not as good as the media hype them up to be, remember their in the business to sell subscriptions. And what do you see at the end of every season, some **** "can't miss recruit" transfers to a d2 or 1AA school cause he couldnt cut it or getting kicked off the team for silly stuff. Have you not learned anything from the 2008 class better yet FSU top 5 recruiting classes every year, or even Saban releasing former 5* players after every season. You want top recruiting classes become an SEC fan better yet FSU...***** ridiculous, the man knows what he doing.

Advertisement
Back