North Shore QB Dematrius Davis

Didn't mention Auburn... hmmmm 👀...has to be music to our ears...I felt this after watching all those CBs to Auburn by the insiders and then almost a week later still nothing. Each day that passes without him committing to Auburn is good news for us.

Still don't know why we're not on TX QB Kai Horton..... somebody on the board with the juice needs to call Ed, so Ed can text Demarcus, so Demarcus can email Cooney, so Cooney can IM Lashlee, so Lashlee can....GIVE THE KAI HORTON KID A FRIGGIN OFFER! 😁

Advertisement
Didn't mention Auburn... hmmmm 👀...has to be music to our ears...I felt this after watching all those CBs to Auburn by the insiders and then almost a week later still nothing. Each day that passes without him committing to Auburn is good news for us.

Still don't know why we're not on TX QB Kai Horton..... somebody on the board with the juice needs to call Ed, so Ed can text Demarcus, so Demarcus can email Cooney, so Cooney can IM Lashlee, so Lashlee can....GIVE THE KAI HORTON KID A FRIGGIN OFFER! 😁
Only one offer according to his 247 page, and that's from Stephen F. Austin. I feel like that's the type of prospect that is really hurt by COVID-19, he can't go to camps this summer and impress in-person to blow up and earn scholarship offers. If Miami got in on him early, they'd have a chance I'm sure. But they seem locked in on Davis/Milroe/others at the moment.

There’s a lot of conflicting info out there right now about 4-star quarterback Dematrius Davis of Houston (Texas) North Shore and much of it was sparked by an interview he did this week in which he didn’t even mention Auburn. After talking with a few sources here is where we’re hearing: 1. Auburn still likes where it sits; 2. Whether he commits in the near future or later on, we expect the Tigers to get an official visit; 3. Miami, which has a need at quarterback this cycle, is very much in the picture; 4. Houston potentially could be a sleeper. We’re told the Tigers staff, including Gus Malzahn, has been in regular communication with Davis, who de-committed from Virginia Tech last week. According to our intel, Davis also has talked with some current Auburn commits. We’ll continue to track this one as closely as possible.

Auburn 247

Only one offer according to his 247 page, and that's from Stephen F. Austin. I feel like that's the type of prospect that is really hurt by COVID-19, he can't go to camps this summer and impress in-person to blow up and earn scholarship offers. If Miami got in on him early, they'd have a chance I'm sure. But they seem locked in on Davis/Milroe/others at the moment.
With McLaughlin off the board headed to NCST we need to something about this QB board. The lack of urgency is almost making me think that the staff might be coming to the unanimous decision to take Tualia from Bama and be done with 2021 QB recruiting. Kid was definitely highly productive playing Alabama HS football, but IMO there's too much other "stuff" we take on by bringing him onboard. I say we take a HS QB and spare ourselves the additional media pressure of bringing on Tua's brother. Besides, with Lashlee coaching the O I think 1 successful season and we can flip one of these 2021 QB commits (Nussmeier-Garcia etc) if we don't get Davis to commit.

With McLaughlin off the board headed to NCST we need to something about this QB board. The lack of urgency is almost making me think that the staff might be coming to the unanimous decision to take Tualia from Bama and be done with 2021 QB recruiting. Kid was definitely highly productive playing Alabama HS football, but IMO there's too much other "stuff" we take on by bringing him onboard. I say we take a HS QB and spare ourselves the additional media pressure of bringing on Tua's brother. Besides, with Lashlee coaching the O I think 1 successful season and we can flip one of these 2021 QB commits (Nussmeier-Garcia etc) if we don't get Davis to commit.

How do you know there's a lack of urgency? Lashlee has offers out to a number of guys. No one knows what the recruiting is like behind the scenes. Added to this we aren't flipping anyone before we play a down..

Advertisement
AU insiders expect him to commit to them by the end of the weekend.

yea. Wouldn't be surprised. They've been recruiting him pretty hard for awhile. And kids are wanting to be done since it looks like the dead period could be never ending right now...

How do you know there's a lack of urgency? Lashlee has offers out to a number of guys. No one knows what the recruiting is like behind the scenes. Added to this we aren't flipping anyone before we play a down..

I believe Miami currently has offers out to 15 QBs. Not an exaggeration.

Advertisement
So yesterday, the Auburn 247 writers posted that Davis' recruitment was "more of a battle than he originally thought". He said he was going to do some digging and update. This morning the story became "it might not last as long as first thought", then a few hours later "might not last another week " and then a few hours ago "might be public by Sunday". In 24 hours everything changed. That's some mighty fine recruiting going on at Auburn...

And he may be doing it live on ESPN somehow...

So yesterday, the Auburn 247 writers posted that Davis' recruitment was "more of a battle than he originally thought". He said he was going to do some digging and update. This morning the story became "it might not last as long as first thought", then a few hours later "might not last another week " and then a few hours ago "might be public by Sunday". In 24 hours everything changed. That's some mighty fine recruiting going on at Auburn...

Auburn bent us over this weekend

Advertisement

Is it weird to you that none of our top targets have bit yet with Lashlee? I still think someone will come to us during the season if we do what we are supposed to with King.

Is it weird to you that none of our top targets have bit yet with Lashlee? I still think someone will come to us during the season if we do what we are supposed to with King.
No. What proof do they have that this Offense is going to be successful? None. They haven’t even seen practices or a spring game to prove we had a scheme problem, not a talent problem.

Advertisement

Sounds like he was given an ultimatum to commit or kick rocks.

Sounds like he was given an ultimatum to commit or kick rocks.
Sec taking full advantage of the ncaa and their compliance team being quarantined. Grace and AQM would still be driving the Bentleys if rona was around back then.
Some schools want to wrap up as much as they can before campus opens

I don’t know if it was LCE or who that said it but maybe the Oklahoma model is what we’ll follow. Get 2 top notch transfer QB’s for 2 consecutive years and then get a top guy out of HS??? We may be able to do it in 1 year.

Advertisement
Back