North Shore QB Dematrius Davis

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
This was probably more of a long shot than we knew. Here's some short clips from a national interview he gave:

Chad Morris, who recruited Davis dating back to his stint as Arkansas' head coach, led Auburn's charge for the Houston-area dual-threat. Morris' relationship with Davis dates back to the quarterback's freshman year and has not waned even as he shifted from Arkansas to his new role as the Tigers' offensive coordinator. Morris sold Davis on playing on a bigger stage in the SEC and having an opportunity to learn behind
Bo Nix before competing for a starting job.

"They did a lot. They recruited me hard the last few months. They had two quarterbacks try to commit to them, but they denied them both for me. They were really serious about me. It's the best opportunity for me to win an SEC Championship or a national championship. They have one of the best defenses coming into the season every year. A good offense and a good defense ... things can happen like they did for LSU last year."
"He (Chad Morris) did really well with Deshaun Watson. Watson is doing great right now and he's about to sign a new contract making millions. I trust him and I'm real serious about him. He didn't tell me what I wanted to hear; he was serious about everything and he has been since my freshman year. I know Coach Morris will be there for all of my four years there."

"What really made me commit -- the opportunity to play in big-time games every week. I'll have the opportunity to get my name out there once I get on the field and do what I do."
"The picture of Auburn compared to Virginia Tech ... everything academically was better. Virginia Tech wasn't in the same league as Auburn and I had to be smart. I had to realize I was going to Virginia Tech to play fast. When I committed (to the Hokies), I knew I could play there my first year, but then I thought -- it would be OK to sit behind someone like Bo Nix my freshman year. I know that even if I'm not starting, my time is coming."

This was probably more of a long shot than we knew. Here's some short clips from a national interview he gave:

Chad Morris, who recruited Davis dating back to his stint as Arkansas' head coach, led Auburn's charge for the Houston-area dual-threat. Morris' relationship with Davis dates back to the quarterback's freshman year and has not waned even as he shifted from Arkansas to his new role as the Tigers' offensive coordinator. Morris sold Davis on playing on a bigger stage in the SEC and having an opportunity to learn behind

"They did a lot. They recruited me hard the last few months. They had two quarterbacks try to commit to them, but they denied them both for me. They were really serious about me. It's the best opportunity for me to win an SEC Championship or a national championship. They have one of the best defenses coming into the season every year. A good offense and a good defense ... things can happen like they did for LSU last year."
"He (Chad Morris) did really well with Deshaun Watson. Watson is doing great right now and he's about to sign a new contract making millions. I trust him and I'm real serious about him. He didn't tell me what I wanted to hear; he was serious about everything and he has been since my freshman year. I know Coach Morris will be there for all of my four years there."

"What really made me commit -- the opportunity to play in big-time games every week. I'll have the opportunity to get my name out there once I get on the field and do what I do."
"The picture of Auburn compared to Virginia Tech ... everything academically was better. Virginia Tech wasn't in the same league as Auburn and I had to be smart. I had to realize I was going to Virginia Tech to play fast. When I committed (to the Hokies), I knew I could play there my first year, but then I thought -- it would be OK to sit behind someone like Bo Nix my freshman year. I know that even if I'm not starting, my time is coming."

The kid may understand it could be beneficial to sit which is good way to look at things. But he must not be paying attention to the game or the history of Malzahn with OCs and Morris already being a power 5 head coach to think that Morris is gonna be there all four years. Either Morris does great and he takes a HC job in two years or Malazhn fires him or micromanages him so much that he moves on to be an OC someplace else

What bull****. The kid said the following (below) which is definitely false, he said Morris would definitely be there all 4 of his years (doubtful), and he said they turned down 2 QBs for him (this might actually be true but **** them still).

"The picture of Auburn compared to Virginia Tech ... everything academically was better. Virginia Tech wasn't in the same league as Auburn and I had to be smart."

Advertisement
What bull****. The kid said the following (below) which is definitely false, he said Morris would definitely be there all 4 of his years (doubtful), and he said they turned down 2 QBs for him (this might actually be true but **** them still).

"The picture of Auburn compared to Virginia Tech ... everything academically was better. Virginia Tech wasn't in the same league as Auburn and I had to be smart."
I'd go to Auburn over VT as well. Then again, I've never been to Auburn, AL. I didnt really like Blacksburg and the VT campus when I went there for a game.

Its not looking good for QB for us this year , maybe a good season can change some minds
I wouldn't worry too much. Solid season will have us in contention for a flip on Davis/Nussmeier. Book it. 10 wins counting the bowl game nets us a flip. Especially on Nussmeier because there's a reason why LSU was practically offering Joe Brady a blank check to stay in Baton Rouge. LSU won't be anything remotely close to what we saw in 2019.

He can say what he wants but Auburn isn’t a better school than VT academically.

Advertisement
He can say what he wants but Auburn isn’t a better school than VT academically.

Didnt he also say Tennessee was going to have a defense like the 2001 Canes? Maybe Davis isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer. We've had enough dimbulb QBs. Maybe dodged a bullet there.

Didnt he also say Tennessee was going to have a defense like the 2001 Canes? Maybe Davis isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer. We've had enough dimbulb QBs. Maybe dodged a bullet there.
I think we’ll be ok. I don’t want people to worry too much. If Lashlee bombs then Manny is gone and we’re back to zero but I don’t think Lashlee bombs. I think he’ll be really successful and one of these kids will see it and come our way.

If not, we’ll get another top transfer, like Oklahoma did with Hurts, and then get a top HS kid. We just have to have a season and let kids see what this type of offense can look like with our level of skilled players.

Advertisement
Back