North Shore QB Dematrius Davis

WwPjLWk.gif

Advertisement
Im gonna ask my Auburn buddy whose plugged in what he knows. Mind you he hates Malzahn

Spoke to him and he hears that Davis likes Auburn and Malzahn but the idea that Bo Nix could be there 2 more years after he arrives makes him a little nervous. Malzahn is tied at the hip with Nix and wont pull him even if he has a bad game or regresses. So he wouldnt start most likely until he was a redshirt sophomore.... redshirt fresh at best if Nix leaves early.

He thinks we're definitely a player cause of Lashlee and the fact after this season the QB job will be an open competition after King goes to the draft.

Advertisement
Spoke to him and he hears that Davis likes Auburn and Malzahn but the idea that Bo Nix could be there 2 more years after he arrives makes him a little nervous. Malzahn is tied at the hip with Nix and wont pull him even if he has a bad game or regresses. So he wouldnt start most likely until he was a redshirt sophomore.... redshirt fresh at best if Nix leaves early.

He thinks we're definitely a player cause of Lashlee and the fact after this season the QB job will be an open competition after King goes to the draft.
Lashlee is the man

Advertisement
Lashlee is the man

Lashlee is the key here and he learned under Malzahn. I've watched alot of Auburn games over the years with my buddy and the one thing that Malzahn likes to do more of is have his QB run the ball . After watching Lashlee i think he doesnt like to do that as much unless the defensive alignment is favorable for his QB to run it.

Lashlee is the key here and he learned under Malzahn. I've watched alot of Auburn games over the years with my buddy and the one thing that Malzahn likes to do more of is have his QB run the ball . After watching Lashlee i think he doesnt like to do that as much unless the defensive alignment is favorable for his QB to run it.
Or he actually has a qb that can do it effectively. I mean he literally went after a qb that can legit run for 1k

Had a bunch of Auburn CB's roll in today. Looks like this decision might have been made with the next in mind.

Even Texas kids are making placeholder commitments these days, smh.

Auburn has to be in the top 5 among booster payment plans, so it may be hard to steal him away if he performs at a high level as a Senior, no matter how good a recruiter Lashlee is or how good a season we have.

I remember Carlton Davis from Norland committed early there and never budged despite Auburn's mediocre season that year and offers from Ohio State and Bama (and us, of course, but we sucked balls under Golden that year).

I'm getting the impression this kid is already a silent to Auburn. He can say whatever he wants for the general public. Reading around a few other boards, - OU in particular, two different "insider reporters' are saying they put the cbs on Auburn after what they were told today. Seems that Chad Morris has been recruiting this kid for awhile.

Latrelle Neville, the WR from Texas committed to Va Tech just posted a tweet saying "business decisions". He's probably next....

Advertisement
Did you just compare our recruiting to VTs? Lol
They don’t even sign top 30 classes lol
Yet they still be beating our *** smh. Coaching...
Yeah they've really been beating Miami's *** with that one-game winning streak.

Virginia Tech has always been a problem for Miami, even going back 20 years and the Canes were at the top.

Advertisement
From a moderator on the Va Tech board who has some personal knowledge of DAvis:

"Dee has always had high interest for Auburn. He wasn’t a legitimate option for them early on, but now he is and has been in contact with them for a few weeks. Rather than feeling pressured to carry the recruiting class himself, Auburn can surround him with elite talent all over the field. He’s all about trust and a lot of it has faded with elite guys choosing other programs. There’s a reason this happened now and Dee isn’t walking into being “uncommitted” without an action plan during these times. I don’t know what timelines look like, but from what I’ve gathered I wouldn’t be surprised if he gave his word to AU Staff soon. Making that intention known to the public - Not sure when that would happen."

Just to add an interesting note on this. According to the Rivals interview with Davis's father, Lashlee is telling him to "watch D'Eriq King" this season....

I think the main reason Lashlee split with Gus and went out on his own is because he wanted to expand and improve the passing game and Gus always reverted back to qb run. So, Lashlee goes out on his own at UConn and then links up with Sonny Dykes at SMU and now he has a power spread with advanced air raid passing principles.

I like his background in bringing those two philosophies together.

Even Texas kids are making placeholder commitments these days, smh.

Auburn has to be in the top 5 among booster payment plans, so it may be hard to steal him away if he performs at a high level as a Senior, no matter how good a recruiter Lashlee is or how good a season we have.

I remember Carlton Davis from Norland committed early there and never budged despite Auburn's mediocre season that year and offers from Ohio State and Bama (and us, of course, but we sucked balls under Golden that year).
He committed to OSU 1st but he ended up at Auburn

Love his film, shows good athleticism and ball placement - lots of YAC. And his team is loaded. That OL looks and plays like a college OL, and his wrs are greedy.

Advertisement
Back