North Shore QB Dematrius Davis

If we miss out on our Tier 1A and 1B at 1B at QB this kid needs to be shown the moon

As LBE said... we need to start mining Texas more.. so many kids that get passed over by Texas and A&M that we could snag 2 maybe 3 kids a year at different positions if we scout and recruit hard enough

Advertisement
Davis is a King clone, once he sees how our offense looks with King at the helm there's no way you can tell me we won't flip this kid if we put forth the effort.

We've only offered 6 QB's this cycle, it's still early but we need to put a move on & offer a few more & start getting these kids down here for some visits.

Dematrius Davis (I know he has one) Jalen Milroe, Sawyer Robertson, Kaidon Salter & Kyron Drones all should have offers, **** we should re offer Ty Thompson & offer Kai Millner.

I've become a broken record, but I'm gonna keep repeating myself, there shouldn't be a class that goes by where we don't hand out a dozen offers down in TX & AZ for QB's, literally every class those two regions have high 4-star gifted passers & overall great QB's.

We need to plant our Hurricane flag all over Tejas & become a permanent fixture down there importing QB's.

Agree - been keeping an eye on a few of the Texas guys lately. Posted the latest on Nussmeier on his thread. Just saw this on the Texas board this morning about Milroe:

Texas quarterback commit Jalen Milroe showed up in a sling over his left arm. He said he fractured his shoulder working out but expects to be back by spring ball. He did hear from Alabama this week after they lost the commitment of four-star Drake Maye, but he reaffirmed to us and (as well as BamaOnLine) that he is 100% committed to Texas and does not plan on making any changes.

From the Auburn 247 site:

in Auburn’s pursuit of Virginia Tech 4-star quarterback commit Dematrius Davis of Houston (Texas) North Shore, one of the biggest selling points for Auburn offensive coordinator Chad Morris is that he once recruited Deshaun Watson to Clemson when he had the same title with that program. Watson, of course, now is a star with the Houston Texan — and Davis is a fan. According to Davis, Morris told him he still keeps in touch with Watson and hopes to have dinner with his former signee the next time he’s in Houston. That kind of stuff resonates with a young quarterback. Auburn has a real shot here. It sounds like Miami also is working on him. We could have a Morris v. Rhett Lashlee battle if Davis decides to back off his pledge to the Hokies.

in Auburn’s pursuit of Virginia Tech 4-star quarterback commit Dematrius Davis of Houston (Texas) North Shore, one of the biggest selling points for Auburn offensive coordinator Chad Morris is that he once recruited Deshaun Watson to Clemson when he had the same title with that program. Watson, of course, now is a star with the Houston Texan — and Davis is a fan. According to Davis, Morris told him he still keeps in touch with Watson and hopes to have dinner with his former signee the next time he’s in Houston. That kind of stuff resonates with a young quarterback. Auburn has a real shot here. It sounds like Miami also is working on him. We could have a Morris v. Rhett Lashlee battle if Davis decides to back off his pledge to the Hokies.

Lol
1.) Watson ain’t thinking about having no **** dinner with his OC from 5+ years ago. He is chillin in the H, and enjoying his off season with his dime piece GF. BUT, I don’t blame Morris for bringing up Watson every chance he gets to these QB recruits.

2.) *When Davis decided to back off his pledge to the Hokies. I think it’s inevitable lol.

Advertisement
Moss, Milroe, or Davis.....let’s pretend we have an equal shot with each. Who do you want and why?

Moss, Milroe, or Davis.....let’s pretend we have an equal shot with each. Who do you want and why?

Milroe
Davis

Moss

Moss is talented, but the first 2 are tailor made for this offense. Milroe is slightly more talented than Davis, although Davis is one of the best and most productive QBs in America. Either one would be a coup and have a chance to start as TF for us IMO.

Advertisement
Been reading around some other boards on a few kids today. Saw some interesting conversation on the Va Tech board about Davis. Supposedly he has an agreement with their staff that he won't take any other visits or OVs to other schools. They believe the biggest threat to them keeping his committment right now is Auburn. So he'll likely decommit first if he's going to shop around at any point.

Davis is a take all day... recruit him hard make him a priority.. if you land someone “higher ranked” so be it let them battle it out...

kid is a gamer and has played some big time games and knows what it’s like to win
Make him a PRIORITY!!! I've been on the Davis to Miami train, we need to put the full court press on this kid and make that happen asap

tenor (18).gif

Advertisement
Lot of rumblings Davis could be flipping to Auburn, or they're at least making a big push to get him.

An Auburn writer recently did a Facebook live where he basically said (I'm paraphrasing) Auburn has been making up a lot ground in his recruitment.

It's pretty clear he's not sticking with Va Tech, whether it's us or Auburn, but either way we should keep pushing for Milroe & Davis, because they're both going to be open by the time the season starts.

Lot of rumblings Davis could be flipping to Auburn, or they're at least making a big push to get him.

An Auburn writer recently did a Facebook live where he basically said (I'm paraphrasing) Auburn has been making up a lot ground in his recruitment.

It's pretty clear he's not sticking with Va Tech, whether it's us or Auburn, but either way we should keep pushing for Milroe & Davis, because they're both going to be open by the time the season starts.
Well I guess I'll take the L by me saying he won't flip to anyone. That's good tho, keep him out of the ACC. Now I'm going to take a shot or two because of my soon to be L.

Advertisement

Just about to post some stuff from the Va Tech board. I saw a note because there were comments made that Lincoln Riley and his staff were "hounding Davis" for a visit. Here's what was said today by the Va Tech 247 reporter:

"I have spent a lot of time working with contacts in Texas, trying to get a feel for everything that is going on with Dematrius Davis and I think it is time to lay out my findings.

As recently as a few days ago, there was a lot of confidence he would sign with Virginia Tech from those around him in his circle, but I am starting to feel things are slipping. No one has come out and said that he won't sign with Virginia Tech, but things seem to have gotten a little more murky over the last 48 hours or so on my end and I can tell that confidence seems to be fading."

"Like I said the other day, I don't think anyone knows for sure what is going to happen with him, but the confidence that was once there that he would definitely sign with Virginia Tech seems to be fading from my contacts in Texas. I have said multiple times that Dee wants to take officials and Virginia Tech obviously does not want him to take them and I wouldn't be overly surprised to see him take a few visits in the fall. Auburn, LSU, Miami, Oklahoma, and many, many other schools are hounding him right now to get him on campus."

Adding a postscript to this: According to OU mod, Riley hasn't spoken to Davis since he offered Caleb Williams. Davis has no offer from OU - he was told it would be nice to visit some time. They will NOT host him on an OV unless he has an offer which he won't get unless Williams turns them down. So it's everyone else in the fray...

I, along with several others on this forum have been harping for months now that 0% chance that kid signs w VT. Keep recruiting him and I’m sure we will. Even if he flips to AU before the season, stay persistent. If we perform well on O this fall, we will have a great shot to sign him or Milroe so idgaf what happens before some football is played honestly.

Like this kid a lot

Might need a shirt but I think he has big time college success written all over him in this offense

Advertisement
Back