Noles get another 5*

People forget fsu has young talent and this was the year to capitalize considering it was not their strongest team and the off field stuff

u also forget they lose a star qb after this year and have to hope they hit on another the way they hit on winston (this was their best qb since weinke)

They were competitive with EJ Manual and Christian Ponder... One was a scary qb and the other didn't throw beyond 10 yards yet they were double digit in wins... They will be alright... We need to win soon... This has been their best offense since since Weinke but they were a strong team since 2011...

Advertisement
no worries my mateys when the feds uncover all the ****e they hid 2 years ago and do the ncaa's work for them, and may i add at that time they were on probation, well the sanctions could be stiff..more than the trojens one can only wish LETS GO CANES

They also got Bryant & Thomas in 13' & neither has done much of anything so far...

your wrong

Thomas has successfully
1. got ejected form a game
2. suspended for 6 months for smoking weed
3. got injured

Bryant
1. ate allot of food
2. ate some more food
3. shock the world!

no worries my mateys when the feds uncover all the ****e they hid 2 years ago and do the ncaa's work for them, and may i add at that time they were on probation, well the sanctions could be stiff..more than the trojens one can only wish LETS GO CANES

I am 100% certain zero NCAA sanctions will come FSU's way from the rapist issues. The good news is .. if FSU becomes too much of a power house Alabama boosters will go after their program

Advertisement
We need to stop worrying about FSU. We can't even beat the UVAs and Pitts consistently. No way in **** we can compete with the top dogs like FSU. I just hope we come to our senses the way they did after they got tired of losing. It seems Miami is ok with being a middle of road ACC team.

The thing is, FSU has not ever been consistently a middle of the road ACC team. They had a couple of years here and there where they struggled but I don't recall many years of mediocrity like we've had. We have never won the ACC since we've been in the conference. They've won it more than any other team.

For those who think Miami has a chance to beat FSU next year cause Jameis will be gone - fogetaboutit.

Fsu lands 5* recruit i heard that story for the past 20-25 whether we were on top or not....

Boom to this. They have been landing 5*s since most of you were in diapors. This is old hat. Nothing to see here. Development is what is separating them from us. Their 4 and 5* are hitting at a higher rate then ours. Very few busts. That is our problem. We are getting quality studs but for guys like Carter, Burns, Howard, McCord, Coley, etc to not have turned that corner is hurting us. Stars are great and all..but you have to develop too.

Btw, as far as the QB thing...FSU will spend the next 10 years trying to find another Jameis Winston. Just like they spent 10 years trying to find Warrick Dunn again. (Remember these names?: Nick Maddox, Davy Ford, Travis Minor, Lorenzo Booker. All 5* RBs out of HS btw.)

We need to stop worrying about FSU. We can't even beat the UVAs and Pitts consistently. No way in **** we can compete with the top dogs like FSU. I just hope we come to our senses the way they did after they got tired of losing. It seems Miami is ok with being a middle of road ACC team.

The thing is, FSU has not ever been consistently a middle of the road ACC team. They had a couple of years here and there where they struggled but I don't recall many years of mediocrity like we've had. We have never won the ACC since we've been in the conference. They've won it more than any other team.

You must have been in a cave between 2005-2011. Those guys were busting out 4-5 loss seasons like it was goin out of style. When you start winning everyone has a short memory.

Advertisement
I doubt that right now they have the formula and while they probably wont lans a winston again they have stockpiled talent and is continuing to do so...like many have mentioned they have the developmental aspect of their program humming right now

You must have been in a cave between 2005-2011. Those guys were busting out 4-5 loss seasons like it was goin out of style. When you start winning everyone has a short memory.

But we've been mediocre since like 2004. That's 11 years. We have NEVER won the ACC. Never. They have. We haven't been relevant in college football since the early 2000's. It's sad. All we can refer to is stuff that happened almost 15 years ago. And it's not looking like that's about to suddenly turn around anytime soon.

Fsu lands 5* recruit i heard that story for the past 20-25 whether we were on top or not....

Boom to this. They have been landing 5*s since most of you were in diapors. This is old hat. Nothing to see here. Development is what is separating them from us. Their 4 and 5* are hitting at a higher rate then ours. Very few busts. That is our problem. We are getting quality studs but for guys like Carter, Burns, Howard, McCord, Coley, etc to not have turned that corner is hurting us. Stars are great and all..but you have to develop too.

Btw, as far as the QB thing...FSU will spend the next 10 years trying to find another Jameis Winston. Just like they spent 10 years trying to find Warrick Dunn again. (Remember these names?: Nick Maddox, Davy Ford, Travis Minor, Lorenzo Booker. All 5* RBs out of HS btw.)

The travis minor that they won the national championship with?

The travis minor that they won the national championship with?

Lol. So I guess you are giving credit to the unforgettable RB Sean Jackson for winning them that 93' title too huh? Ok.

Advertisement

But we've been mediocre since like 2004. That's 11 years. We have NEVER won the ACC. Never. They have. We haven't been relevant in college football since the early 2000's. It's sad. All we can refer to is stuff that happened almost 15 years ago. And it's not looking like that's about to suddenly turn around anytime soon.

And they just got relevant again two years ago. Lets not make it seem like these guys are ALA all of a sudden. They just got back in the game. I am not hatin' on what they have done because they are doin' it very well right now..but they had a lot of mediocre years too before some kid from ALA named Jameis Winston fell into their lap. Just sayin..

And they just got relevant again two years ago. Lets not make it seem like these guys are ALA all of a sudden. They just got back in the game. I am not hatin' on what they have done because they are doin' it very well right now..but they had a lot of mediocre years too before some kid from ALA named Jameis Winston fell into their lap. Just sayin..

Man I'm not going to keep arguing with you but the bottom line is that this more about Jimbo Fisher than Jameis Winston. Since that man has been their head coach they have gone 9-4 (2011), 12-2 (2012), 14-0 (2013), 13-0 (this season). That shows steady improvement and growth of a program. And a kid like Winston doesn't fall in your lap. That took some sick recruiting to pull that kid away from Alabama. He had to recruit that kid to FSU. He was the number one QB in the nation coming out of high school. Everyone wanted him. Now in comparison look at Al Golden's records since he's been at the U.

Advertisement

5 star out of state Qbs just fall into team's laps? C'mon.

Jimbo won 12 games without Jameis in 2012 BTW. Winning 12 games would get Golden a extension through 2035.

Advertisement
Back