Noles are thinking about Leach...

LMAO.

What a load of crap.

Look, man, every single time a job at a big school comes open, folks wonder if Leach is in the mix. And every time, either he's not even in the mix, or he's rumored to be a possibility but unlikely, and then gets passed over.

If the dude was the goods, he'd get a gig at a high profile school.

But he's got a few screws loose and he doesn't give a **** about defense, so he'd be a poor fit at a major school.

Doesn't mean he's not an offensive mastermind. Just means that places like Wazzu and TTech are his ceiling, and everyone knows it except for the few who still get a hard-on for him.

People don't hire Leach because they think he is a weird dude who might say something to embarrass their institution.

He has also been permanently shunned because of what went on with that d bag James' kid.

Not because he can't coach....the coaching world is filled with offensive minded coaches who don't play a lick of defense....are you really this dumb about college football?

So is it your stance that Leach would be no better than what Manny currently is at Miami?

Advertisement
People don't hire Leach because they think he is a weird dude who might say something to embarrass their institution.

He has also been permanently shunned because of what went on with that d bag James' kid.

Not because he can't coach....the coaching world is filled with offensive minded coaches who don't play a lick of defense....are you really this dumb about college football?

LOL...ironic call-out is ironic.

It's not just about him "saying something to embarrass their institution." Leach is known around CFB to be a pain in the *** to deal with on a personal level. So there isn't an AD at a major institution who wants to deal with him on the regular.

Now, a lot of coaches are ******** and are hard to deal with. And some big-time ADs might be willing to put up with it IF you show you can win.

Part of winning is not losing to FCS teams on the regular.

Another part of winning is knowing how to delegate things you don't care about to others who DO care about them. Like, say, defense.

If Leach was smart and humble enough to hire a D coordinator and D staff who would handle that side of things well, it'd make a world of difference. But he's an arrogant SOB who simply doesn't care about D, and doesn't think it necessary to find someone to take care of that side of thngs. He's happy to put up big numbers on O and hope to outscore everyone.

You are one of those dorks that believes only coaches who win championships at big programs are worthy of being considered great, or elite coaches. Or the fact that guys like Snyder are sub-par because they spent all those years at a place like KSU......without ever taking any possible considerations into account as to why they stayed at KSU.

The fact that Mike Leach puts his name out there blows up your Snyder analogy.

In your critical thinking deficient mind you believe that Manny and Golden are better than guys like Snyder and Leach, maybe even Ferentz, etc, because they never coached at a place that has the history of Miami.

You are a shining example of what is so very wrong with those that are in charge at Miami.....you have no real football related knowledge and it pours through whenever you discuss topics like this.

I love when people like you get so frustrated that you have to take personal shots. It's so predictable.

It's entertaining to fire up the Leach crowd, because they eventually realize they don't have any real data other than "dude would kill it here".

It's not just about him "saying something to embarrass their institution." Leach is known around CFB to be a pain in the *** to deal with on a personal level. So there isn't an AD at a major institution who wants to deal with him on the regular.

Now, a lot of coaches are ******** and are hard to deal with. And some big-time ADs might be willing to put up with it IF you show you can win.

Another part of winning is knowing how to delegate things you don't care about to others who DO care about them. Like, say, defense.

If Leach was smart and humble enough to hire a D coordinator and D staff who would handle that side of things well, it'd make a world of difference. But he's an arrogant SOB who simply doesn't care about D, and doesn't think it necessary to find someone to take care of that side of thngs. He's happy to put up big numbers on O and hope to outscore everyone.
He actually made a great DC hire recently in Alex Grinch, He got hired by a bigger school, I believe after one year.

He actually made a great DC hire recently in Alex Grinch, He got hired by a bigger school, I believe after one year.

That will happen when you go to a program like that and realize how much time and how many resources have to be poured into the passing game.

Advertisement
Don’t care, they have briles(one of the most prolific oc’s in recent years) and are not doing much and ranked than Miami offensively

some stuff about Stoops (don’t know if he was talking about Bob, Mike or Mark , probably Mark I would guess since he still a HC and was DC there)

Mark...He's not worth whatever FSU has to pay UK + Willie's buyout...neither is Leach. Bob maybe, but not Mark, and definitely not that deplorable Leach.

Advertisement
He knew enough to push for him way back in 07 and 11. Also, we **** sure could have used his money! The pirate would've been much better than radio or folden

I agree about the money part. Yes, he was better than Golden or Radio, but that is not exactly a high bar. Pretty much anyone he named would have been better than those 2. I would rather actually get a good coach instead of pulling some decent coach because we may end up with an extra booster.

If Obama recommended a baseball coach would you want to hire him?

I agree about the money part. Yes, he was better than Golden or Radio, but that is not exactly a high bar. Pretty much anyone he named would have been better than those 2. I would rather actually get a good coach instead of pulling some decent coach because we may end up with an extra booster.

I get your point and everything is hindsight. Just think things could've went differently. Who knows now, I'm just ready to get this current **** show over.

Advertisement
I like other fellow canes have a few idiot nole friends and one of them is a decent sized donor and I overheard him and another talking about Leach on the green this past weekend.

This is what I could sort of make out from his discussion on the phone.

People (meaning donors/some admin) are done with Willie. I mean they really hate him. Take your Blake James hatred and double it with a twist of Shalalah hate and that’s pretty much where they at.

They can’t get Urban Meyer and some don’t want him anyway (why I don’t know) said something about Urban wants either the Cowboys or USC job. Don’t know how much truth there is to any of that.

Then Leach came up and some are serious about him. Like way serious even talking through a friend or agent or something to him. He said something about Minshew that I think was like an anecdote or reference (guy is a big Jags fan) anyway the Leach thing is serious he said they going after him and some stuff about Stoops (don’t know if he was talking about Bob, Mike or Mark , probably Mark I would guess since he still a HC and was DC there)

Anyway thought it was interesting.
So let me get this straight!!!!
FSU wants to hire another head coach that has never fielded a defense in their career!🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️

Advertisement
Then Leach came up and some are serious about him. Like way serious even talking through a friend or agent or something to him. He said something about Minshew that I think was like an anecdote or reference (guy is a big Jags fan) anyway the Leach thing is serious he said they going after him and some stuff about Stoops (don’t know if he was talking about Bob, Mike or Mark , probably Mark I would guess since he still a HC and was DC there)

Anyway thought it was interesting.
I like Leach. I'd like to keep it that way. Stay the F away from the Holes.

You should take a look at Leach and his time at WASU....look at what he took over and where they have been during his tenure....although not great....he has improved their defense to a much more respective level from where they are.....which lends to the idea that he doesn't care about "D".

Manny Diaz says HIYA!

Advertisement
Back