Noles are thinking about Leach...

Who cares? Hire coaches around him who love to recruit and power up boosters who love to pay recruits. I promise he will put a fun offense....the defense?, well....refer to the prior coaches and boosters comment.

but if he doesnt care for it, then how do u trust him to hire the right recruiters. its something he doesnt like to do anywhere. its more important in miami than anywhere else due to the area we live in.

Advertisement
if the potus pushed for him, then glad we didnt go with him.

on a serious note, leach wouldnt work here if he doesnt want to recruit. you cant just come here and not enjoy recruiting.
Not going to get into politics but I think Leach would be a huge upgrade offensively, although I prefer more running Incorporated like some on his tree have added. As far as recruiting, he can hire some elite assistants for that and he finally seems to realize he needs a good DC, Alex Grinch was a good hire.
Honestly at this point, I'd take anything that will utilize the athletes Miami gets. FFS! Lol

^^^THIS

Leach is a perfect big fish in a little pond. Our fans **** over his offense—forgetting that they'd literally run the guy over in the streets for the defenses he fields.

One of my closest friends is a Wazzu fan. He watches the Canes with me; I watch the Cougs with him. I've literally seen 98% of the games in the Leach era.

Their defense this season is atrocious; worse than the D'Onofrio era at Miami. Utah and Arizona State just ran up and down the field on them. Couldn't buy a stop.

11-2 last year because of what he was able to do with Garner Minshew; 4-3 right now and headed towards 6-6 this year.

Pullman is perfect for him. He's a folk hero in the region and their fans have low expectations, so anything good that happens—pleasantly surprised. When a 6-6 season follows 11-2, they literally expect it to happen and roll with it.

All his quirky press conferences and ways of calling things out; endearing because he's as WSU. If he tried that schtick at Miami or a bigger program, it would blow up in his face.

People have been screaming Leach's name around here since 2006 when he had five good minutes at Texas Tech and Coker was about to get canned. 13 years later, he's still sitting up in the Pacific Northwest and hasn't been a legit candidate for any job he's supposedly had his name attached to. Let it go.

How do you think Spurrier got where he was at Duke / Florida? Because he is such a genius defensive ball coach?

Leach has never been handed a situation like that, and likely never will to your point.

TT was a career stopper for him. Yes, expectations are low in Pullman, but they are pretty **** low here and F$U as well right now.

You cannot hire Leach in a vacuum...it would require a great DC, some great recruiting assistants, etc....but many great OCs have succeeded as head coaches under such a model, it just took spending money.... UM won't do that.

My plug for Leach back in the day for UM? We aren't going to pay for anything better....that said, as we have seen, UM likely would have hung him out to dry with cheap *** assistants like everyone else....so at this point, I agree, what's the point.

The saddest part? F$U will get sick of mediocrity quick, and they WILL spend the money with or without Leach.

How do you think Spurrier got where he was at Duke / Florida? Because he is such a genius defensive ball coach?

Leach has never been handed a situation like that, and likely never will to your point.

TT was a career stopper for him. Yes, expectations are low in Pullman, but they are pretty **** low here and F$U as well right now.

You cannot hire Leach in a vacuum...it would require a great DC, some great recruiting assistants, etc....but many great OCs have succeeded as head coaches under such a model, it just took spending money.... UM won't do that.

My plug for Leach back in the day for UM? We aren't going to pay for anything better....that said, as we have seen, UM likely would have hung him out to dry with cheap *** assistants like everyone else....so at this point, I agree, what's the point.

The saddest part? F$U will get sick of mediocrity quick, and they WILL spend the money with or without Leach.

Can't compare expectations here and at FSU to those at TT/WSU.

We ran Richt out on a rail for backsliding after a 10-win season. TT/WSU wouldn't care.

FSU doesn't have the money to spend.Willie's buyout is likely cost-prohibitive for at least another year. And if, by some small chance, they do find the pennies hidden under the couch cushions to buy him out, they certainly don't have the money to pony up for some big name at this point.

Calm down. They're just as screwed as we are, and they have no better outlook than we do.

Right, big time programs don't want to win the titles that would surely come with Mike Leach because they're afraid that he might go off topic in a press conference. Makes sense.

Dude is corky and weirds ad’s out , that’s the truth.

His offensive innovation is everywhere now and has had his brain picked by urban and Belichik.

Yeah porsters on a message board calling that guy an idiot is was makes today’s society so hilarious.

And I’m not even a huge leach guy, but he’s super respected in coaching circles. Dudes a modern day Coryell.

Advertisement

His offensive innovation is everywhere now and has had his brain picked by urban and Belichik.

Yeah porsters on a message board calling that guy an idiot is was makes today’s society so hilarious.

And I’m not even a huge leach guy, but he’s super respected in coaching circles. Dudes a modern day Coryell.

So what you're saying is you can get a guy who runs an offense similar to Leach without actually having to hire Leach...thus bypassing having to deal with all of his BS clownshow antics and his lack of concern for defense? Well there's a novel concept.

Last edited:

But he somehow is still coaching at lower level P5 schools, can't field a defense, and has a couple of unexplainable, mind-boggling losses every year against teams he should beat.

The Coryell comparison is pretty good considering that Coryell also never won anything.

But he somehow is still coaching at lower level P5 schools, can't field a defense, and has a couple of unexplainable, mind-boggling losses every year against teams he should beat.

The Coryell comparison is pretty good considering that Coryell also never won anything.

Dude just won 11 games at Washington state lol, we haven’t had that in almost twenty years lol. While we’re playing in the worst conference with arguably the second or third most talent . He’s doing it with bottom tier talent.

It’s a miracle what he does with the level of athlete he has, just by having an unreal scheme.

This is an argument I normally refrain from , honestly , I think people that view leach as a joke are as uneducated a football fan you’ll find. His concepts and scheming are as respected amongst football people as you’ll find. Hence why people like spurrier visit him learn , even in his retirement.

Yep, dudes a real clown. Spurrier , Belichik, Urban and many others pick his brain. Oh and multiple head coaches are running his offense in the nfl. With one failing miserably at the same school leach took to heights it’ll never see again , but yeah. He sucks.

Now I’ll let the message board ad/ hiring gurus get back to ripping him lol.

Dude just won 11 games at Washington state lol, we haven’t had that in almost twenty years lol. While we’re playing in the worst conference with arguably the second or third most talent . He’s doing it with bottom tier talent.

It’s a miracle what he does with the level of athlete he has, just by having an unreal scheme.

This is an argument I normally refrain from , honestly , I think people that view leach as a joke are as uneducated a football fan you’ll find. His concepts and scheming are as respected amongst football people as you’ll find. Hence why people like spurrier visit him learn , even in his retirement.

Yep, dudes a real clown. Spurrier , Belichik, Urban and many others pick his brain. Oh and multiple head coaches are running his offense in the nfl. With one failing miserably at the same school leach took to heights it’ll never see again , but yeah. He sucks.

Now I’ll let the message board ad/ hiring gurus get back to ripping him lol.

You'll excuse us if we ask, again, why such a respected, cutting edge coach is relegated to slumming at lower-level P5 schools where he's losing to FCS teams and giving up 67 points to winless teams.

Advertisement
Can't compare expectations here and at FSU to those at TT/WSU.

We ran Richt out on a rail for backsliding after a 10-win season. TT/WSU wouldn't care.

FSU doesn't have the money to spend.Willie's buyout is likely cost-prohibitive for at least another year. And if, by some small chance, they do find the pennies hidden under the couch cushions to buy him out, they certainly don't have the money to pony up for some big name at this point.

Calm down. They're just as screwed as we are, and they have no better outlook than we do.

We did not run Richt off for backsliding. He was begged to stay WITH AN OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR...he said no thanks, he liked his post-UGA hobby the way it was.

Dead wrong about FSU. They are a state school and they will find funding from boosters and the like down the road. They are simply as screwed as us....RIGHT NOW. If you don't understand the possibilities of a state school versus what we have to deal with in the Gables, I invite you to do a little homework.

That is a school that very recently brought in Jimbo Fischer who energized boosters and bought what they needed, including a crab legged rapist, to reach the top. We saw the top last almost 2 decades ago.

Willie is a blip on the radar. They will spend the necessary money down the road. Will we?

Advertisement
Half of a phone conversation overheard on a golf course?

Sounds legit.
Kane-men-259x300.jpg

We did not run Richt off for backsliding. He was begged to stay WITH AN OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR...he said no thanks, he liked his post-UGA hobby the way it was.

Dead wrong about FSU. They are a state school and they will find funding from boosters and the like down the road. They are simply as screwed as us....RIGHT NOW. If you don't understand the possibilities of a state school versus what we have to deal with in the Gables, I invite you to do a little homework.

That is a school that very recently brought in Jimbo Fischer who energized boosters and bought what they needed, including a crab legged rapist, to reach the top. We saw the top last almost 2 decades ago.

Willie is a blip on the radar. They will spend the necessary money down the road. Will we?

I know all about state school vs private funding.

I also know that FSU has ALWAYS had poor donor support, particularly when measured against UF and other big-time state programs.

They may be a big state school, but they’ve only had a football team since ‘45, and only had real success from the 80s forward, so they don’t have the same level of multi-generational deep-pocketed boosters like a Bama, Texas, UGA, UF, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, etc.

Heck, that’s the main reason Fischer left...because the admin and donors were exceedingly tight-fisted with cash and wouldn’t give him the same backing as TAMU could.

FSU might find the money to oust Taggart down the road, but their pockets simply aren't deep enough to get him out now and hire a replacement at a top-notch salary.

Last edited:
I know all about state school vs private funding.

I also know that FSU has ALWAYS had poor donor support, particularly when measured against UF and other big-time state programs.

They may be a big state school, but they’ve only had a football team since ‘45, and only had real success from the 80s forward, so they don’t have the same level of multi-generational deep-pocketed boosters like a Bama, Texas, or UGA.

Heck, that’s the main reason Fischer left...because the admin and donors were exceedingly tight-fisted with cash and wouldn’t give him the same backing as TAMU could.

That might be why he left, but he sure went there first....while we were doing the Al Golden dollar store dance.

Don't fool yourself about their "donors" as you call them, especially in the 90s...there was a reason so many UM blue chip commits switched to FSU literally on signing day...and it wasn't Mrs. Bowden's homemade chocolate chip cookies, I assure you.

Yes, they are waaaay down right now. Yes, their facilities need an upgrade (so do the facilities in Canesville vs. most the rest of the big time $EC schools) and they cheaped out on Fisher's successor.....but it will come around.

"Only had real success from the 80's forward"....sound familiar? I'm not comparing them to Texas, Alabama or UGA...you are. I'm comparing them to UM in this day and age of almighty dollar and where your willing to spend it.

UM

Advertisement
That might be why he left, but he sure went there first....while we were doing the Al Golden dollar store dance.

Don't fool yourself about their "donors" as you call them, especially in the 90s...there was a reason so many UM blue chip commits switched to FSU literally on signing day...and it wasn't Mrs. Bowden's homemade chocolate chip cookies, I assure you.

Yes, they are waaaay down right now. Yes, their facilities need an upgrade (so do the facilities in Canesville vs. most the rest of the big time $EC schools) and they cheaped out on Fisher's successor.....but it will come around.

"Only had real success from the 80's forward"....sound familiar? I'm not comparing them to Texas, Alabama or UGA...you are. I'm comparing them to UM in this day and age of almighty dollar and where your willing to spend it.

UM
****, Taggart is almost as bad as Manny and he's making nearly double. FSU will make a change and spend a lot more than us. It sucks but...

So no answer.

You are one of those dorks that believes only coaches who win championships at big programs are worthy of being considered great, or elite coaches. Or the fact that guys like Snyder are sub-par because they spent all those years at a place like KSU......without ever taking any possible considerations into account as to why they stayed at KSU.

In your critical thinking deficient mind you believe that Manny and Golden are better than guys like Snyder and Leach, maybe even Ferentz, etc, because they never coached at a place that has the history of Miami.

You are a shining example of what is so very wrong with those that are in charge at Miami.....you have no real football related knowledge and it pours through whenever you discuss topics like this.

You are one of those dorks that believes only coaches who win championships at big programs are worthy of being considered great, or elite coaches. Or the fact that guys like Snyder are sub-par because they spent all those years at a place like KSU......without ever taking any possible considerations into account as to why they stayed at KSU.

In your critical thinking deficient mind you believe that Manny and Golden are better than guys like Snyder and Leach, maybe even Ferentz, etc, because they never coached at a place that has the history of Miami.

You are a shining example of what is so very wrong with those that are in charge at Miami.....you have no real football related knowledge and it pours through whenever you discuss topics like this.

LMAO.

What a load of crap.

Look, man, every single time a job at a big school comes open, folks wonder if Leach is in the mix. And every time, either he's not even in the mix, or he's rumored to be a possibility but unlikely, and then gets passed over.

If the dude was the goods, he'd get a gig at a high profile school.

But he's got a few screws loose and he doesn't give a **** about defense, so he'd be a poor fit at a major school.

Doesn't mean he's not an offensive mastermind. Just means that places like Wazzu and TTech are his ceiling, and everyone knows it except for the few who still get a hard-on for him.

can you picture Leach's " I don't give a fck"attitude in S.Fla with all those prima donna's that have to be shown love 24/7 .

Advertisement
Back